Insurgent (Divergent, #2) Insurgent discussion

Did Four and Beatrice did it already?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 133) (133 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Rufayda (new) - added it

Rufayda I havent read this book in so long and can some one refresh it for me, did four and beatrice made love already? i cant wait for the 3rd book this series is fantastic!

message 2: by Ysa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ysa loveday no they have not :)

Mindy Alt No. They had some problems connecting and trusting in this book. Probably the next book.

Sadie Scott yeah i dont think they did it already but maybe the third :) cant wait to read it

Thomas I honestly thought they were going to at so many points.. but no

Melissa I really hope that she doesn't ruin it by having them have sex. It would cause me to lose a lot of respect for the author. They're teenagers. She should just let them be teenagers rather than throwing the "adult" relationship into the mix.

Emmie yeah I'm so with you Melissa

C.penn Melissa wrote: "I really hope that she doesn't ruin it by having them have sex. It would cause me to lose a lot of respect for the author. They're teenagers. She should just let them be teenagers rather than th..."

Totally.
Alot of teen books get filled with "adult relationship" elements, which let's be honest, is just to appeal to the racing heart teens out there. Her writing of their romantic scenes has gone very well so far, I would probably just want to see more of their amazing chemistry, but they don't need to sleep together yet. Also, neither of them are in the right head space right now to throw that in the mix.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Melissa wrote: "I really hope that she doesn't ruin it by having them have sex. It would cause me to lose a lot of respect for the author. They're teenagers. She should just let them be teenagers rather than th..."

Totally agree.

Blujeanbooks96 I agree with you all, it's kinda hard to find books now that don't have 'that' in them. I mean, hot scenes are fair enough, but now it seems that everything is based around getting to third base. I love Tris and Four's relationship the way it is, I hope she keeps writing it as she has been :)

Emmie yeah

Inês no they didn't :)

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

No they did not. Tris is not ready yet, and I'm hoping to get to Four first;) lol

Melissa Nahra lol:)

message 15: by Em (new) - rated it 3 stars

Em Melissa wrote: "I really hope that she doesn't ruin it by having them have sex. It would cause me to lose a lot of respect for the author. They're teenagers. She should just let them be teenagers rather than th..."
Teenagers have sex.

Nermin Yeah, they have sex. but i really don't want to read about it. i like the fact that romance and sex is not the main focus of these books and i hope it'll remain so in the upcoming book.

message 17: by Line (new) - rated it 4 stars

Line I think it is very unrealistic, if they don't end up having sex...
She's 16, he's 18... Ofcouse they're gonna have sex...
The average age for having sex for the first time differs from contry to country, and even from region to region, but from where i'm sitting (Denmark), almost all 16 year olds have had sex...

Now, i know that they both (Tris and Tobias) are from Abnegation, and therefor arent used to physical affection, but they are also both divergent, and both in Dauntless...

But i agree, that it shouldn't be the main focus of book nr. 3...

message 18: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily Teenagers do have sex...but the majority of them aren't raised in sexually repressive communities that engage in no forms of public displays of affection like Tris and Four were :P. Even if they do have sex (which I think is doubtful that it will actually be in the book), it's not going to be 50 Shades of Gray. Realistically, it would have to be pretty awkward since both of them still have some issues with that- even Four felt uncomfortable in Divergent taking his shirt off to show Tris is tattoos.

Keith Mausisa No they did not but im really hoping for it on the last book since Four gave a clue that it will happen. If you guys cant remember, its in first book where Four said, "If you still want me, maybe we could...." this is before the banquet before the simulation attack happend.

Tessa Melissa wrote: "I really hope that she doesn't ruin it by having them have sex. It would cause me to lose a lot of respect for the author. They're teenagers. She should just let them be teenagers rather than th..."
I'm 100% with you on that! There are so few books without it now and I hope this series won't join the mass percentage of books that have it. Authors don't have to write sex scenes to show that the characters have a strong relationship. Their romance was believable, tension-filled, and romantic as it was and I hope it stays that way.

Keith Mausisa hmm a lot disagrees with having 'that' IN the book, and a part of me too disagrees maybe thats the conservative part of me? haha. but anyway, veronica doens't have to describe it as in hard core at least that thought of it that they did it would make me feel fulfilled with what Four said once, that they will do it. =))

message 22: by Nermin (last edited Jan 08, 2013 05:22AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nermin I assure you, it has nothing to do with being conservative or prude or anything. i have no problem with teenagers or anyone having sex. I just don't want to read about Tris and Four doing 'that', because i don't see divergent series as romance books. besides, what's the big deal about Tris and Four having sex? i mean I like them but i definitely don't see what's so exciting about the sex life of 16 and 18 year old teenagers.

message 23: by Line (last edited Jan 08, 2013 05:54AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Line Narmin wrote: "I assure you, it has nothing to do with being conservative or prude or anything. i have no problem with teenagers or anyone having sex. I just don't want to read about Tris and Four doing 'that', b..."

I agree... I have no need or want to read abbout their sexlive, but i think it would be weird, if they didn't have sex...

Nobody says she has to write it out, but maybe something like: "He closed the door, took me in his arms, and the night went by with a smile on my face"... Just more Tris-like...

Nermin Yeah, well i guess they will have sex after all but i hope (and i'm sure)Veronica won't go into a lot of details :)

Melissa Ema wrote: "Melissa wrote: "I really hope that she doesn't ruin it by having them have sex. It would cause me to lose a lot of respect for the author. They're teenagers. She should just let them be teenager..."

Not all teenagers have sex, and authors shouldn't be promoting teenage sex. They have enough pressure as it is.

Melissa Line wrote: "Narmin wrote: "I assure you, it has nothing to do with being conservative or prude or anything. i have no problem with teenagers or anyone having sex. I just don't want to read about Tris and Four ..."

Why would it be weird. There are a huge number of teenagers who don't have sex, and it would be great if authors would show that teens can have a relationship without it.

message 27: by Line (new) - rated it 4 stars

Line Melissa wrote: "Line wrote: "Narmin wrote: "I assure you, it has nothing to do with being conservative or prude or anything. i have no problem with teenagers or anyone having sex. I just don't want to read about T..."

It would be weird to me, since it is such a low number of teens, that don't have sex...
And to me (again, this is just my oponion from where i'm sitting), sex is a natural part of life...

In a such adrenaline filled relationship that Tris and Tobias have, it would look forced, if they didn't end up having sex...

There is no need why they shouldn't sleep together, once things calm down around them...

message 28: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily But are things going to calm down? The third book will probably be pretty action packed until the end.

message 29: by Line (new) - rated it 4 stars

Line That's just it, we don't know...

I think the third book's gonna end, just as they're about to do it...

I think that woould be brilliant...

Keith Mausisa Line wrote: "Narmin wrote: "I assure you, it has nothing to do with being conservative or prude or anything. i have no problem with teenagers or anyone having sex. I just don't want to read about Tris and Four ..."

AGREE!! Just what ive said before it doesnt have to be described just the thought of it that they did it would be okay =)))

message 31: by Tessa (last edited Jan 08, 2013 07:37AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tessa Melissa wrote: "Line wrote: "Narmin wrote: "I assure you, it has nothing to do with being conservative or prude or anything. i have no problem with teenagers or anyone having sex. I just don't want to read about T..."

I totally agree with Melissa!! It is NOT weird if there's no sex. It's only in recent generations that sex has become so accepted in society and found it's way into practically every book. But there are still a lot of teens who don't have sex. As weird as it may sound there are still people out there who believe in sex after marriage not sex at 16.

The Mighty Katara Melissa wrote: "Ema wrote: "Melissa wrote: "I really hope that she doesn't ruin it by having them have sex. It would cause me to lose a lot of respect for the author. They're teenagers. She should just let them..."

So true. Besides, Veronica Roth is a Christian; I doubt she's going to promote teen sex.

message 33: by Maliha (new)

Maliha um, no they didn't because they were always feeling guilty keeping secrets from each other and getting interrupted or sth. i would really hate it if they had sex before becoming a more mature couple. and lots of series nowadays include sex like its a "must". i don't want any details, fan or not.

so whether they do it in the 3rd book or not, i really hope its after they've gained some respect for each other, not just attraction and childish affection. i love that their relationship is still at the innocent stage, and sex would just mess that up now

message 34: by Line (new) - rated it 4 stars

Line The Mighty Katara wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Ema wrote: "Melissa wrote: "I really hope that she doesn't ruin it by having them have sex. It would cause me to lose a lot of respect for the author. They're teenagers. She shou..."

Plenty of christian people have sex before marriage... I don't know a single christian person, who haven't had sex before marriage...

Rachel I am almost certain that they are going to have sex. I think it is the easiest way Veronica Roth can show the readers that Tris and Tobias aren't just some stupid teenagers that hook up with the first person they see. It shows that they really do care about one another and their relationship is escalating. And if she writes the potential scene in the third book where they do have sex she has to be very careful of how she puts it, it is a touchy subject.

message 36: by Em (new) - rated it 3 stars

Em Line wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Line wrote: "Narmin wrote: "I assure you, it has nothing to do with being conservative or prude or anything. i have no problem with teenagers or anyone having sex. I just don't want..."

Line wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Line wrote: "Narmin wrote: "I assure you, it has nothing to do with being conservative or prude or anything. i have no problem with teenagers or anyone having sex. I just don't want..."
I agree. It is a very small number, plus people keep forgetting that although Tris is only 16, Four is 18 years old. 18. Come on, people.

The Mighty Katara Line wrote: "The Mighty Katara wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Ema wrote: "Melissa wrote: "I really hope that she doesn't ruin it by having them have sex. It would cause me to lose a lot of respect for the author. Th..."

Um, the Bible is pretty clear about the fact that you're supposed to wait till marriage to have sex. I'm Christian, my family's Christian, my friends are Christian, and we all believe in saving yourself for marriage. You're not really a true Christian if you "do it" before marriage with a clean conscience.

Nas I think if they do it in the 3rd book it wouldn’t bother me. Many teenagers have had sex these days let alone in the future where their living. Some people on this chat argue that with all their going through sex shouldn’t be their main focus right now, your also saying their practically kids, however, yeah their kids! Going through what they are going though they are going to want to be close to each other. They are going through some horrible traumatizing things and they need the love from each other to feel safe and understand that someone does love them, in the world they live where there is a very fine line between friend and enemy.

message 39: by Em (new) - rated it 3 stars

Em The Mighty Katara wrote: "Line wrote: "The Mighty Katara wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Ema wrote: "Melissa wrote: "I really hope that she doesn't ruin it by having them have sex. It would cause me to lose a lot of respect for th..."

Um, I don't believe you can say who is a true Christian and who isn't.. Pretty much every Christian I know did not wait until marriage, and I've seen stats that say most Americans don't wait...and most Americans ARE Christian. And even if the author is Christian, the characters in the book seem to have a unique religion based on their faction.

message 40: by Line (new) - rated it 4 stars

Line The Mighty Katara wrote: "Line wrote: "The Mighty Katara wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Ema wrote: "Melissa wrote: "I really hope that she doesn't ruin it by having them have sex. It would cause me to lose a lot of respect for th..."

First of all, i never said that i am christian, and that is because i am not one...

I think it is prettysad for you, that you believe there are a 'right' and a 'wrong' way to be christian...

God is in the heart...

Without turning this in to a religious discussion, i just want to say 2 things:
1) when the bible was created, it was the norm for people to be married before the age of 18, because the average lifespan was around 30 years old for the common people
2) The bible was created at the council of Nicea (don't know how to spell it in english), and this was over 300 years after the death of Jesus Christ...
So it is possible that the biblical christianity, isn't the one Jesus preached...

Sorry for coming in on the topic of religion, but i really don't like it, when people proclaim their own faith, to be the only right and true one...

The Mighty Katara Woah people, I'm not insulting anyone or dissing anyone's religion. I just said that people who believe it's totally cool to have sex before marriage aren't really Christians. And it's true!

If I murder someone and say I'm a Christian, you have the right to tell me I'm not a real one. Just because morality on this topic has eased up doesn't make sleeping with someone before marriage any better. True, God is in the heart, and I as a Christian shouldn't judge people, but there are certain things that are black and white. Having sex before marriage and never repenting of it is wrong. I'm not going to shun/hate someone for doing it, but I can't really respect them as a Christian if they do it.

Um, all the writings of the Bible were already around before the Council of Nicea. The purpose of the council was to determine the basic essential ground points of the Christian faith, not to write the Bible. What Jesus preached is the Christian faith.

Well, if you think about it logically, there could only be one true religion. Whether that's Buddhism, Islam, Catholicism, Christianity, etc., one of them is the true and right religion.

@Ema: North America isn't really Christian; they teach Athiesm in most schools and won't allow Bibles in others.

Tessa The New Testament is all about Christ and His life and His teachings and it was written by His apostles that lived and walked with Him so it is actual accounts of His teachings. The Old Testament was written by Prophets that were inspired. Everything in the Bible are teachings of Christ. I don't know a lot about the Council of Nicea but I do know that they did not write the Bible, they chose what books (that were already written by Prophets) to include and exclude.

It seems like everyone's opinion on whether or not Four and Tris should become involved has everything to do with our own morals and beliefs so obviously half of us are going to say sure and half are going to say nope no matter what points are made.

The Mighty Katara Tessa wrote: "The New Testament is all about Christ and His life and His teachings and it was written by His apostles that lived and walked with Him so it is actual accounts of His teachings. The Old Testament w..."

True, true, and true :D

message 44: by Em (new) - rated it 3 stars

Em The Mighty Katara wrote: "Woah people, I'm not insulting anyone or dissing anyone's religion. I just said that people who believe it's totally cool to have sex before marriage aren't really Christians. And it's true!

If I..."

Oh honey, you are seriously naive if you think America isn't really that Christian and that schools "teach" atheism. I went to a public school, and there was still prayer at events (much to my disdain), and Christianity was everyone there. Christianity is huge in America, hon, don't be so naive.

Melissa Line wrote: "Plenty of christian people have sex before marriage... I don't know a single christian person, who haven't had sex before marriage...

Ït makes me sad that the people that you know that represent themselves as Christians are having sex before marriage. I know many many teens and older who are saving themselves or have saved themselves for marriage. Maybe it is the part of the country in which you live or the people with whom you choose to associate, but I can tell you with absolute honesty that there are a huge number of Christians who save themselves for marriage.

Also, I know a lot of teenagers, including my own children, who are not having sex. I wish there were more books out there that left the garbage out and kept it clean.

The Mighty Katara Ema wrote: "The Mighty Katara wrote: "Woah people, I'm not insulting anyone or dissing anyone's religion. I just said that people who believe it's totally cool to have sex before marriage aren't really Christi..."

There's no reason to be so condescending to me about my beliefs. You believe what you want, and I'll believe what I want. I don't live in America, I live in Canada, so I don't really know what their school system is like. I was going off what I had heard. And in Canada, they teach Atheism in all of their schools and won't allow Bibles in others. So, maybe I'm wrong about America, but Canada is an Athiestic country.

Also, I fail to see how I'm naive because I think America is Athiestic... wouldn't that make me a pessimist or a synic?

The Mighty Katara Melissa wrote: "Line wrote: "Plenty of christian people have sex before marriage... I don't know a single christian person, who haven't had sex before marriage...

Ït makes me sad that the people that you know t..."

Amen to that.

message 48: by Vee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vee Gretzinger no they didn't :/ .... but they should totally seal the deal!

Sierra The main idea of a Christian is to be "Christ-like" or following in Jesus' footsteps. So sex before marriage...don't think so.

But anyway we all have our own beliefs, so I think we should just accept it, respect it, and move on.

Melissa Line wrote: "It would be weird to me, since it is such a low number of teens, that don't have sex...
And to me (again, this is just my oponion from where i'm sitting), sex is a natural part of life...
..."

To cite a source to show this isn't true, according to the article linked below, only 47% of high school students in the united states as of 2011, have had sex. This is according to the CDC. Unfortunately, I fear this number will rise as more authors put sex into their books.

http://www.cdc.gov/HealthyYouth/yrbs/...

« previous 1 3