Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) Catching Fire discussion

Does it creep you out when wiress keeps saying tick tock?

Comments (showing 1-28 of 28) (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Melayna IT sorta creep ed me out a little i mean Suzanne Collins is so amazing i experience everything right in my tiny room

Lydia yup! It kinda did. It was weird cuz that was all she would say! 'tick tock... It's a clock!' so yes, it definitely did creep me out.

Stephanie Bolen Nope, I heard crazy rambling in my head. Like the mad hatter rambling

Melayna Stephanie wrote: "Nope, I heard crazy rambling in my head. Like the mad hatter rambling"

huh

Melayna Lydia wrote: "yup! It kinda did. It was weird cuz that was all she would say! 'tick tock... It's a clock!' so yes, it definitely did creep me out."

awesome i was worried i was the only one

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I think Lydia said it best...it added a suspense creepy feeling. Every time she said tick tock it's a clock I would wait for the next crazy part of the game to strike.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

YES! and each time she said it I wanted to start singing the Ke$ha song.... :)

Leyah I suppose it was a little creepy, but it was pretty awesome for me.

Sandra No it didn't.
I felt as if she wanted to say something and I was as puzzled as the rest of them. I had figured it out just before the rest did. I was like: Ah! I was right!
I rather liked Wireless :)

Misha I loved it

Melayna Misha wrote: "I loved it"

ikr it really addeed to the story

Elizabeth Day Well, it's almost like she was kind of going insane. Wiress was never totally sane, was she? She obviously found out about the clock-arena thing. That might have made her go a little more mad.

Carrie P Not creeped, just wondering what Collins was up to when she showed the wiring in Wiress' head were a hot mess (read: crazycool insane genius) but yeah, made me think of Ke$ha too like Sky LOL
I read somewhere Amanda Plummer might be cast as Wiress in the movie version & Tony Shalhoub as Beetee (they'd both be PERFECT!).

Godiva3 Sky wrote: "YES! and each time she said it I wanted to start singing the Ke$ha song.... :)"

lol!! so true!

Melayna Godiva3 wrote: "Sky wrote: "YES! and each time she said it I wanted to start singing the Ke$ha song.... :)"

lol!! so true!"

ikr

2 Gabe Yes, it creeped me out

message 17: by ♥martha♥ (new)

♥martha♥ tick tock on the clock but the party dont stop
yeah it did creep me out but it was a clock

Kathy ♡ It creeped me out. ALOT.

Lisa Collins (Lisa Likes Books) Well, no, not really. I took it as her just sort of rambling to herself.

At the same time, though, it's suspenseful because looking at who Wiress is you know she knows something you don't. Considering where they are that could be creepy/scary/whatever.

Isabella For me, it was a bit creepy because you know she knows something but you don't know what yet.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

a little bit but it makes more sence when you read the rest of it!

Melayna Kenzie wrote: "a little bit but it makes more sence when you read the rest of it!"

true that

eilis Yes!! It added to the story, but yes!!!

Melayna MissBookworm26 wrote: "Yes!! It added to the story, but yes!!!"

great i was worried i only one

eilis Melayna wrote: "MissBookworm26 wrote: "Yes!! It added to the story, but yes!!!"

great i was worried i only one"

Nope :)

message 26: by Leah (new)

Leah I think she was a traitor at first, when she first received the necklace. But later, when she said that Richard was threatening her when she wanted to stop, I felt bad for her and realized that I would have done the same thing, keep giving him information so long as he didn't hurt my friends.

Sarah It so creeped me out that i shouted "WHAT IS WRONGE WITH YOU!?" but then I noticed I was in a pablic place and felt bad.

Melayna Blueturtles wrote: "It so creeped me out that i shouted "WHAT IS WRONGE WITH YOU!?" but then I noticed I was in a pablic place and felt bad."

lol