Camp Half-Blood discussion

THE BOOKS > Mark of Athena (spoilers!)

Comments (showing 1-45 of 45) (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kggelen (new)

Kggelen Awesomeness (Katie77777) OMG! I JUST FINISHED MARK OF ATHENA! ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER! GRRRRR... WHY MUST YOU DO THIS TO ME RICK RIORDAN?!?!?!?!?!

message 2: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (Croft) | 605 comments Kggelen wrote: "OMG! I JUST FINISHED MARK OF ATHENA! ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER! GRRRRR... WHY MUST YOU DO THIS TO ME RICK RIORDAN?!?!?!?!?!"

cool

message 3: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (Croft) | 605 comments how many books are there all togeher?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Peace wrote: "how many books are there all togeher?"

5 books!!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm reading MoA right now!

message 6: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (Croft) | 605 comments Cari wrote: "I'm reading MoA right now!"

cool

message 7: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (Croft) | 605 comments what is MOA?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Mark of Athena, lol. :D

message 9: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (Croft) | 605 comments Cari wrote: "Mark of Athena, lol. :D"

ok i got it

message 10: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (Croft) | 605 comments i just forgot it. i see it up in bold letters.

message 11: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa | 139 comments Arrg!! Ikr?! How can Rick end a book like that???

message 12: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (Croft) | 605 comments Alyssa wrote: "Arrg!! Ikr?! How can Rick end a book like that???"

yea really how did mark, get in a book like that?ha.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't think it ended terribly. :P If it ended at the SECOND LAST CHAPTER, when Percy and Annabeth... you know. Can I say it? Whatever... fall into Tartarus... then yeah, that ending would have been terrible. But the last chapter is of the others going to save them, and we're told, they're still alive, and if anyone can survive this, it's Percy and Annabeth.

message 14: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (Croft) | 605 comments or is that the tital of the book?

message 15: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa | 139 comments Cari wrote: "I didn't think it ended terribly. :P If it ended at the SECOND LAST CHAPTER, when Percy and Annabeth... you know. Can I say it? Whatever... fall into Tartarus... then yeah, that ending would have b..."

Ok true. But the second last chapter is basically the end of the action, which is like the end of the book. And even if it's not technically the end, I still can't wait another year to find out if they're safe!! >:(

message 16: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (Croft) | 605 comments Alyssa wrote: "Cari wrote: "I didn't think it ended terribly. :P If it ended at the SECOND LAST CHAPTER, when Percy and Annabeth... you know. Can I say it? Whatever... fall into Tartarus... then yeah, that ending..."

yea that would be quite interesting 2 find out.

message 17: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (Croft) | 605 comments hope no one dies, at the end of book.

message 18: by Kggelen (new)

Kggelen Awesomeness (Katie77777) ME TOO! IT WASN'T THE WORST CLIFFHANGER EVER. IF ANYONE HERE HAS READ DIVERGENT, YOU KNOW WHAT A BAD CLIFFHANGER IS!

message 19: by Lo (new)

Lo (DarkAlleyCookies) | 89 comments Kggelen wrote: "ME TOO! IT WASN'T THE WORST CLIFFHANGER EVER. IF ANYONE HERE HAS READ DIVERGENT, YOU KNOW WHAT A BAD CLIFFHANGER IS!"

I've read it, but it didn't get me all fired up. It just sorta got me thinking, "Oh wow. Another book."

This one was a little better, but still.

message 20: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (Croft) | 605 comments Lo wrote: "Kggelen wrote: "ME TOO! IT WASN'T THE WORST CLIFFHANGER EVER. IF ANYONE HERE HAS READ DIVERGENT, YOU KNOW WHAT A BAD CLIFFHANGER IS!"

I've read it, but it didn't get me all fired up. It just sorta..."

ok

message 21: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (Croft) | 605 comments what other book is there?

message 22: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa | 139 comments Lo wrote: "Kggelen wrote: "ME TOO! IT WASN'T THE WORST CLIFFHANGER EVER. IF ANYONE HERE HAS READ DIVERGENT, YOU KNOW WHAT A BAD CLIFFHANGER IS!"

I've read it, but it didn't get me all fired up. It just sorta..."

Yeah, same. It's only these books that I seem to freak out majorly when there is a cliffhanger. All others I'm like "meh..ok. Another book in a year. Yay."

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Kggelen wrote: "ME TOO! IT WASN'T THE WORST CLIFFHANGER EVER. IF ANYONE HERE HAS READ DIVERGENT, YOU KNOW WHAT A BAD CLIFFHANGER IS!"

Insurgent's ending was worse.

message 24: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (Croft) | 605 comments Alyssa wrote: "Lo wrote: "Kggelen wrote: "ME TOO! IT WASN'T THE WORST CLIFFHANGER EVER. IF ANYONE HERE HAS READ DIVERGENT, YOU KNOW WHAT A BAD CLIFFHANGER IS!"

I've read it, but it didn't get me all fired up. It..."

ok kool

message 25: by Kggelen (new)

Kggelen Awesomeness (Katie77777) IKR! INSURGENT IS DRIVING ME COMPLETELY BONKERS! I'M RECONSIDERING WHETHER OR NOT I'LL COMTINUE THE SERIES! OF COURSE, THOUGH, I WILL!

message 26: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (Croft) | 605 comments Kggelen wrote: "IKR! INSURGENT IS DRIVING ME COMPLETELY BONKERS! I'M RECONSIDERING WHETHER OR NOT I'LL COMTINUE THE SERIES! OF COURSE, THOUGH, I WILL!"

which course would that be?

message 27: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (Croft) | 605 comments that be the whole series of books, that there?

message 28: by Kggelen (new)

Kggelen Awesomeness (Katie77777) I guess. I've grown very attached to the divergent series though. I could never just stop reading it.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Kggelen wrote: "IKR! INSURGENT IS DRIVING ME COMPLETELY BONKERS! I'M RECONSIDERING WHETHER OR NOT I'LL COMTINUE THE SERIES! OF COURSE, THOUGH, I WILL!"

Oh I def will. Divergent was the best dystopian book I've ever read. Insurgent was not as good, IMO, but it was still better than the other dystopia novels I got sucked into reading.

message 30: by Kggelen (new)

Kggelen Awesomeness (Katie77777) I know. I reccommended Divergent to all of my friends and they instantly fell in love with it. I agree, that Insurgent was not as good. The ending did not help matters.

message 31: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (Croft) | 605 comments Kggelen wrote: "I know. I reccommended Divergent to all of my friends and they instantly fell in love with it. I agree, that Insurgent was not as good. The ending did not help matters."

yea

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

That ending, oh my LAWD! Percy and Annabeth, the only two i actually liked, are in Tartarus! RAAAAAAAAAGE! Annabeth and Percy are a great couple though. If any two people could make it in Tartarus, it'd be them

message 33: by Kggelen (new)

Kggelen Awesomeness (Katie77777) WHAT!?!?! YOU DON'T LIKE LEO?!?!?!

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Not really. Not as much as Annabeth and Percy

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Leooo is so cuutee. My bro totally thinks that Leo and Thalia will end up together... I'm like, Nahhhh.

message 36: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa | 139 comments Leo should be with me! Cuz, you know, Percy is with Annabeth xD

message 37: by Kggelen (new)

Kggelen Awesomeness (Katie77777) Okay, THALIA IS A HUNTER!!!!!!! SHE WILL NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH ANYONE!!!!!!! I don't know if he'll end up with anyone. Maybe Rachel. :-). Some people are saying Reyna.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I should remind my bro that. I forgot, myself. :P Reyna.... possible. I feel like Reyna is older though? Leo seems pretty young, are they the same age, or close to the same age?

message 39: by Alyssa (last edited Oct 15, 2012 04:10PM) (new)

Alyssa | 139 comments I think they're basically the same age. Like a year difference maybe. But it would sorta make sense for a Leo/Reyna couple. I think it would anyways.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Who do you guys think will narrate HoH? I'm almost positive it'll be Jason, Hazel, Frank since MoA was from the greek demigods' point of view. It might also be from Nico or Percy/Annabeth's POV

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Ooooh Nico! I love Nico... I don't know why. I hope we hear his POV.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't really care about Nico but I think he'll be really important in HoH

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Definitely.

message 44: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (Croft) | 605 comments Cari wrote: "Definitely."

yea

message 45: by Anas (new)

Anas Mahafzah (Anasmahafzah) | 27 comments I love Thalia and nico