Audiobooks discussion

Archives > fifty shades

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by gail_nadezna (new)

gail_nadezna (iluvtoday) | 5 comments where can i get fifty shades for my fella to listen to ? i have never got any audio book at all ... yet

message 2: by Dee (last edited Oct 04, 2012 06:21AM) (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1760 comments you can get it from audible

www.audible.com

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rae | 28 comments I have been meaning to get this series, but I am so on the fence with it. I have heard that every woman in America is reading and loving it, but I'm just not so sure. I'm really not into this type of erotica. However, I heard the plot was great and the reader for the audio version is really good. Any opinions on this would be appreciated.

message 4: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie | 4994 comments Nicole wrote: "I have been meaning to get this series, but I am so on the fence with it. I have heard that every woman in America is reading and loving it, but I'm just not so sure. I'm really not into this type ..."

Audible's return policy makes this no-risk. Try the first one, if you don't like it you can return it. If you do like it, then you can get the other two. I'm only a couple of chapters into it so I can't say anything about the story, except that my best friend read the first and immediately wanted the next two. All you can do is give it a try.

message 5: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rae | 28 comments Jeanie wrote: "Nicole wrote: "I have been meaning to get this series, but I am so on the fence with it. I have heard that every woman in America is reading and loving it, but I'm just not so sure. I'm really not ..."

They have a return policy??? I never knew that. That's good to know...

Anyway, I have heard the same thing about it. My sisters and many friends have said once you read the first you will crave and be addicted to the other two. Maybe I will give it a shot:)

message 6: by gail_nadezna (new)

gail_nadezna (iluvtoday) | 5 comments yes no doubt about it - you must read it - it is so moreish lol and cheers about the audible thing - i thought you had to join and pay every month tho?

message 7: by Wendy T (new)

Wendy T Check the library. The library I go to has them all in MP3 and CD books.

message 8: by Sara (new)

Sara (Seracat) Nicole wrote: "I have been meaning to get this series, but I am so on the fence with it. I have heard that every woman in America is reading and loving it, but I'm just not so sure. I'm really not into this type ..."

Certainly not every woman. I haven't and won't. I've heard the writing is horrible, and given that it started as Twilight fan-fic indicts it even more for me.

message 9: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1760 comments if you want to read it, you can find it for free online still - I believe the fanfic was titled Master of the Universe and the author was snowqueen/snowdragon - something like that

I haven't heard much about the audiobook since they re-did it...the first version was horrendous from the multiple reviews that I saw for it - but they apparently withdrew it and re-optimized it and fixed it - as well as removing negative reviews, but leaving all the positive ones...

message 10: by Ancestral (new)

Ancestral Gael | 168 comments There are snippets and links to the free, pre-published version of the book all over Goodreads (usually in people's reviews). It will give you and idea of whether or not you wish to read, or listen to it.

message 11: by Susan (new)

Susan (Chlokara) Nicole wrote: "I have been meaning to get this series, but I am so on the fence with it. I have heard that every woman in America is reading and loving it, but I'm just not so sure. I'm really not into this type ..."

I tried reading it in print form. I found myself speed reading. Nothing "happens" until well after page 135. The writing is terrible, and I thought that I could not take it if the protagonist said "Holy crap" one more time. She did and I returned the book to the library.

That is just one woman's opinion

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

As I've said elsewhere, I skipped most of the sex in my desperate search for a plot.

message 13: by Susan (new)

Susan (Chlokara) Osho wrote: "As I've said elsewhere, I skipped most of the sex in my desperate search for a plot."

Ha! And I'll bet you're still looking.

message 14: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rae | 28 comments Lmao

message 15: by Frances (new)

Frances (shibagirl) | 151 comments Nicole wrote: "However, I heard the plot was great and the reader for the audio version is really good. Any opinions on this would be appreciated."

check out the reviews on audible ....they don't sound very happy. I had also considered this, to see what the fuss was about , but not sure I want to waste a credit

message 16: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rae | 28 comments Frances wrote: "Nicole wrote: "However, I heard the plot was great and the reader for the audio version is really good. Any opinions on this would be appreciated."

check out the reviews on audible ....they don't ..."

Very true

message 17: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Farlik | 1 comments I felt my IQ drop with every page I slogged thru and thought the third was slightly better than the first two. could have been a great series....but the writing was too poor to overlook.

message 18: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rae | 28 comments What about the writing did you not like