Love Unrehearsed (Love, #2) Love Unrehearsed discussion

Thoughts

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra I've started this book, I'm not yet finished but it is really bothering me. I think if Tina Reber would've hinted in Love Unscripted that Taryn felt incomplete, like a piece of her was missing, or unsure of herself, I would be more understanding with the plot in this book. But, she's just acting ridiculous, in my opinion. Plus, I don't really like Marie in this story, either. This is not one of my favorite series, sadly. Does anyone else feel this way or am I being too picky?

Charlotte  Black I felt the same. In this book she's almost lost her own sense of self as she follows Ryan around like a little puppy dog. A couple of times she comes out of her shell, like when Thomas arrived at the pub. But overall she wasn't the character of the first book. I think as a couple they got a little...boring? Is that wrong to say?
Also did anyone else notice the inconsistencies of Taryns background. In the first book she claims she moved to Seaport when she was 14, but in LU2 there are references of them, especially Pete, as children and all going to the same school. This bit bugged me. And where did Melanie suddenly spring from?
I still liked it, but I do prefer the first one.

message 3: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Yeah, I agree with that you said. In the first one, she was independent, but cool. This book had some moments I liked, but overall, I felt it was lacking. I had some problems with the first book too, but I don't know... I enjoy both books, but they're not my absolute favorite.

Stacey I have read both and I really did enjoy them. I didn't feel like Taryn lost herself. I think it was more the case of "behind every successful man there is a woman" She became his sounding board, his confidant and I think that she enjoyed reviewing his investments, being on set etc.
To me it was a good romance novel, first one was the up and downs of their relationship and the second, for me, cemented their love. Tina didnt throw in any contrived dramatic moments..which I appreciated.
I'm ify on Marie too. Dont know how I feel about her.
Overall- I would recommend this series. And if you are a fan of Tina on facebook, you cant help but love her. She's hilarious!

KarenH Alexandra wrote: "I've started this book, I'm not yet finished but it is really bothering me. I think if Tina Reber would've hinted in Love Unscripted that Taryn felt incomplete, like a piece of her was missing, or ..."

I don't understand what you mean. Love Unscripted was all about Taryn's self-esteem issues. Tina Reber didn't hint about it...she wrote the whole damn book about it! How was Taryn acting ridiculous in Love Unrehearsed? Being the girlfriend of a high profile movie star can't be easy and Taryn never did anything to embarrass herself or Ryan. I think her character matured a lot from how she was in the first book. I agree with Stacey, the poster before me...Love Unscripted was all about the drama and Love Unrehearsed was their reality story of being a high-profile couple very much in love.

message 6: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra KarenH wrote: "Alexandra wrote: "I've started this book, I'm not yet finished but it is really bothering me. I think if Tina Reber would've hinted in Love Unscripted that Taryn felt incomplete, like a piece of he..."

It's been a while since I read the book, so I don't remember everything. However, Love Unscripted was about Taryn's insecurities with her and Ryan's relationship. It had nothing to do with her parents. In this book, even Ryan points out that until she found what was in the box, she was happy. I will say though, the more I read of the book, the less it bothered me.

message 7: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Plus, in the ending of the book, where they're at the Oscars and she is pregnant, Ryan says he is happy that the Oscars and her pregnancy are happening on the same day so that he doesn't have to choose which event is the best day of his life. Really? Wow.

Jess I definitely agree... the ups and downs ...it just never ends and there's so much insignificant information that doesn't mean anything. Like "Jeremy" sending her flowers... and then "Jeremy" comes and stalks her...but then that's where it ends. I enjoyed the story...but holy crap was it full of just insignificant stuff...and you're right. She just follows Ryan around. See that's sort of where the story should have just been fast tracked to a significant part of the story.

Anyway,
I went to a concert a few weeks ago, and the opening act was this girl named Jill Andrews. She is pretty decent. Anyway, she sang this song at the beginning of her concert called, "Blue Eyes" and she sang it with Seth Avett (from the Avett Brothers... AMAZING!). I liked the song and I downloaded it. When it came on in the car today I thought it was fitting for this particular story. So here's the lyrics:

God gave you your eyes and made them blue
And your daddy's too
God gave you a heart and made it strong
Because he knew the hours could be so long
God gave me these arms so I could hold you
So let me hold you
It's all I want to do
God gave me these ears so I could hear you
Say the things that truly are so dear to you
And you got me for all time
Always and forever, right beside
And you've got me for all time
Always and forever, right beside
You
I have seen the ocean in your eyes
Your big blue eyes

Jess Jess wrote: "I definitely agree...

I definitely thought that the words of that song could be from Ryan's point of view about Taryn. With the whole her not sure which parent she looked like only to find out a shocking twist... and then how they'll be together forever... It was a nice thought.