The Quest Begins (Seekers, #1) The Quest Begins discussion

Wow

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Beka Scott loved it!!!!

Ashley It is a good book i love it to

Beka Scott I am reading the second book of the series now!!!

Ella Mueller this was an amazing book reading the second one now

Mary Have you guys given the Warrior cats a chance? by the same author and i cannot express how inspiring they are. if you think this series is good then read warriors-you will be blown away by how much better it is:) but trust me i love the seekers as well, i already finished the series.

Catfish :D I absolutely LOVE warriors. Seekers was iffish to me, I was bored. I don't mean to offend anyone here, but I didn't enjoy them.

Heather i loved this book so much i just never read any of the others and i honestly dont know whay i really wanna read them

Heather it is like impossible to not like!!!

Holly Wolfe ♪♪ Cat/Fluttershy ♪♪ wrote: "I absolutely LOVE warriors. Seekers was iffish to me, I was bored. I don't mean to offend anyone here, but I didn't enjoy them."

I agree. It is kind of slow. I really like the Clans and the names in the Warriors and I was a little disappointed that the Seekers isn't more like that. What really pushed it over the top for me is Ujurak, the shape shifting cub. The series could really do without that. The Warriors doesn't have anything like that (Midnight may be a badger but she doesn't shape shift). Frankly, I don't care for that. I don't exactly like the fact that it is about bears either, they could have picked a better animal but at least they have the Survivors coming out now, which I hope is more like the Warriors. I am still reading the series, I will stick through it to the end, maybe it will get better, as I love Erin Hunter's work.

Heather I love them ALL! I can't wait for the next to come out!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Catfish :D wrote: "I absolutely LOVE warriors. Seekers was iffish to me, I was bored. I don't mean to offend anyone here, but I didn't enjoy them."

I agree, but they did get better into the book. It was a bit too slow for me

Claire Mary wrote: "Have you guys given the Warrior cats a chance? by the same author and i cannot express how inspiring they are. if you think this series is good then read warriors-you will be blown away by how much..."

I have read Warriors (at least the first book)... and I actually enjoyed Seekers more. The bear characters in Seekers more or less behaved like real (though slightly anthropomorphic) bears, with a few exceptions. This gave the book a little bit more of a sense of verisimilitude, so I was able to immerse myself in the story better.

The cats in Warriors didn't really behave like actual cats so much as people who happened to look like cats. Because I couldn't get behind the concept of cats behaving like humans while still claiming to be real cats, I couldn't fully immerse myself in the story, and because I couldn't fully immerse myself in the story, I couldn't really enjoy it. *shrug*

Now, if you're looking for an animal fantasy starring feline characters who do super-cool epic fantasy stuff while still behaving more or less like real (though slightly anthropomorphic) cats, try Tailchaser's Song.

A book that I'd like to read that has a similar concept is The Wild Road. I haven't read it yet, but from what I can tell from the Goodreads reviews, it's a pretty awesome book.

message 13: by Mary (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mary Claire wrote: "Mary wrote: "Have you guys given the Warrior cats a chance? by the same author and i cannot express how inspiring they are. if you think this series is good then read warriors-you will be blown awa..."

Hmmmm I like your reasoning and opinion:) Haha I posted this a while ago, and I will admit that my nostalgia was part of my love for the Warriors. I do see what you mean about the bears actually acting like bears. Thank you SO much for the alternatives and for taking the time to give your thoughts!!! :D

Claire Mary wrote: "Claire wrote: "Mary wrote: "Have you guys given the Warrior cats a chance? by the same author and i cannot express how inspiring they are. if you think this series is good then read warriors-you wi..."

Happy to help. :)

message 15: by Mary (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mary Claire wrote: "Mary wrote: "Claire wrote: "Mary wrote: "Have you guys given the Warrior cats a chance? by the same author and i cannot express how inspiring they are. if you think this series is good then read wa..."

XD

Coalpelt warriors is great

Becky Hart I can still remember the day I brought this book from Waterstones all those years ago, and can honestly say that these are the books that really got me into reading. I absolutely love animals, and the bears stories really captivated my imagination as a child, enough even for me to have read every book in the two series cover to cover at least three times!

Now that I'm older and look back at the stories, I really love the fact that they covered so many different environmental issues as I believe that it is important for everyone to be aware of these. I'm currently thinking about a career in Zoology with animal conservation and would be lying if I said these books didn't play a huge part in igniting my passion for both animals and their conservation.