Shoujo Manga Book Club discussion

Monthly Reads > Vampire Knight Volume 1

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Discuss volume 1 here. Don't talk about later volumes in this topic.

message 2: by Selena (new)

Selena (sailorstar165) | 1865 comments Mod
A wise man once said, "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all." So rather than rip it apart, I'll just say I didn't like it.

message 3: by Yue (new)

Yue | 67 comments I think the art style is beautiful, but the story not so much. Yuuki is the typical annoying main girl, but worst of all, she has 2 hot guys after her. Why!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Selena, you can be critical, just remember to be respectful. Go ahead and tell us why you didn't like it.

message 5: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1392 comments I finally got around to reading this! I've been slacking off a lot on my reading duties for this and all of my other groups.

I'm not a big fan. I'm not really into vampires anymore, so that is probably why. There isn't anything particularly horrible about, it just is really my kind of manga. 3 stars.

message 6: by Selena (new)

Selena (sailorstar165) | 1865 comments Mod
It wasn't too bad at the start. Just not particularly good either, in my opinion. Then I heard some spoilers that made me go, "Not reading anymore of this."

message 7: by Harshini (new)

Harshini  Ramanujam (watchmeread) | 451 comments Yeah I liked the anime better.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree that it's not the best series. I think it's just way overhyped. The story is interesting enough and there isn't much that makes me want to throw the book across the room, but it's really not all that impressive. However, I've never really cared for Matsuri Hino's art style. It's kind of bland, and all of her characters have the same faces with different hairstyles.

Kristen, I'm right where you are. Of course, this one I just had to wait at the library for it and Red River is still being processed, but I haven't been reading Full Moon or Kamisama at all.

message 9: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (Juvia_winter) | 195 comments Wow, not a lot of great reviews for this one. I think it was pretty good. I enjoyed it(I have read the whole series). But it was one of the first Manga series that I read, after Sailor Moon :). I am not tired of the vampire theme yet, but with all of the vampire books, movies and TV shows I can see how some people are tired of it. I liked the art. I really do want to watch the anime. Hopefully I will be able to do that this weekend...

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Everyone has different opinions. VK isn't particularly bad, but it's not sticking with me the way some other series have. It's interesting enough to keep me reading, but I don't think it'll be one of my favorites.