21st Century Literature discussion

The Graveyard Book
This topic is about The Graveyard Book
2012 Book Discussions > The Graveyard Book - General Resources and Discussion, No Spoilers (October 2012)

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Will Mego (willmego) For general discussion and a place to post links and information you think helpful about the book or author, such as bio information and reviews...but nothing with spoilers please!

Deborah I guess I will post the obvious link: http://www.neilgaiman.com/p/About_Nei...

He's won a ton of awards and honors for his work.

Deborah | 983 comments Mod
I'm sad and feel apologetic. I didn't like this as much as the rest of you. Maybe the problem is my lack of familiarity with Kipling. Maybe I expected too much.

There are YA books that aren't just good YA books, but good books period. I can't help comparing him to Pratchett and feeling that Pratchett does it better. Maybe Gaiman was writing for even younger adults. Dunno.

I walked away thinking: Well, that was a nice little book.

Casceil | 1672 comments Mod
Neil Gaiman is not to everyone's taste. I liked it more than I expected to, and my husband and my daughter both read it, too, so it was fun to have something we could all discuss.

message 5: by Deborah (last edited Oct 19, 2012 10:06AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Deborah | 983 comments Mod
I love Gaiman . American Gods is one of my favorites.