Mossflower (Redwall, #2) Mossflower discussion

Interesting

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Beka P Good book!!!! not as good as the first book, but still great

Josh I enjoyed it...I plan on reading the rest.

Addy I think this book is better than the first though. There is no safety from Redwall and so the good side wins less.

Redwallcrazy- My God is Healer, Awesome in Power! I loved this book, one of my favorites of the whole series! My favorite is Skipper of Otters, he is sooooo awesome!

Andrea Beka wrote: "Good book!!!! not as good as the first book, but still great
"

I agree!!

Andrea Addy wrote: "I think this book is better than the first though. There is no safety from Redwall and so the good side wins less. "

Still...the plot is less fresh, and there isn't Matthias and Cornflower! :-D

Alyssa Does anyone else read the characters different accents in your head as you read?

Redwallcrazy- My God is Healer, Awesome in Power! Andrea wrote: "Addy wrote: "I think this book is better than the first though. There is no safety from Redwall and so the good side wins less. "

Still...the plot is less fresh, and there isn't Matthias and Cor..."

Lol, a lot of the Redwall books don't have Matthias or Cornflower, in fact, only Redwall and Mattimeo have those characters, lol. Pearls of Lutra though, have Mattimeo's son, Martin.

yojharobed || I have no sword. I don't need a sword. Because I am the Doctor and this is my spoon. En garde! Alyssa wrote: "Does anyone else read the characters different accents in your head as you read?"

Yes! Also, I talk 'Molespeak' around my house all the time! hurr, et be gudd funn to be doin, yurr!

Redwallcrazy- My God is Healer, Awesome in Power! Lol, i used to do that, but I got bored of it after a while, especially since no one cold understand me and my dad liked to make fun of it.

yojharobed || I have no sword. I don't need a sword. Because I am the Doctor and this is my spoon. En garde! It-hay is-hay o-say ool-cay oo-tay eak-spay!!

Sorcha94 Deborah(AndIfOurGodIsForUsWhoCouldEverStopUs) wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Does anyone else read the characters different accents in your head as you read?"

Yes! Also, I talk 'Molespeak' around my house all the time! hurr, et be gudd funn to be doin, yurr!"

yes!otters are usually Irish =-)

Redwallcrazy- My God is Healer, Awesome in Power! Actually, Brian Jacques modeled their accents after the sailors who came into Liverpool a lot. Most Sailors in England have an acute accent that is different from the english, scottish and irish accent, so it's not really either of those. It has it's own unique category.

Haley I love the Redwall series! Moss flower is one of my favorites!

message 19: by C.E. (new) - rated it 4 stars

C.E. Crowder I like the atmosphere Jacques creates - an odd mixture of danger and safety. Reading this series, I feel as though the characters recognize they live in an unsafe world but have made their peace with that and find their daily measures of happiness in spite of it. And of course they all know how to feast!

message 20: by brooke507 (new)

brooke507 The Redwall series is awesome, mainly because the cast is all animal, and I'm an animal person

johanna Yoj Harobed~ALeaderFullOfJoy~ wrote:
I talk 'Molespeak' around my house all the time! hurr, et be gudd funn to be doin, yurr!"

xD That's so cool :) Bo Hurr!