Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Strange things showing on the Librarian Edit(s) Log...

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn | 189 comments Has anyone else noticed some odd "things" showing on the Librarian Edit(s) Log?

Sometimes, I see edits indicated by me that I know were not by me. Case in point:

There's a book I stumbled across today that has a personal opinion in the synopsis that looks like it was from me, but I would never put my personal opinion in a book synopsis. Also, can tell by the writing style and improper use of quotation marks, that I didn't write it. So strange.

So, I changed it back to the actual book synopsis. It shows, now, the correct synopsis when looking at the book, but when you go back to the Log it only indicates "me" typing in that personal opinion synopsis and that's inaccurate.

Very strange.

The Log indicates I typed in that personal opinion--twice. Never happened. In fact I've input the actual book synopsis several times and somehow--over an unknown period of time--it reverts back to the personal opinion, but indicates it was me.

Go figure.

Here's the actual synopsis that I keep typing in: (It's right from the back of the book--that I own.)

Sink your fangs into Lora Leigh’s series about genetically-altered humans with feline DNA. When the Breeds desire the passions of the flesh, they can’t help but get frisky…

Harmony Lancaster is of the Lion breed, created to be a huntress with a thirst to kill. But the way she seeks justice outside of the law makes her a liability to her own kind. Yet she also possesses information that they need on the existence of the First Leo - who holds the precious secrets of desire.

To save her life, Harmony is paired with Sheriff Lance Jacobs, who tries to tame the killer within her, while protecting the gentle woman he longs to possess. But a dangerous cult leader, bent on destroying the Breeds, could change the way Lance looks at Harmony forever…

Harmony's Way (Breed Series, #8)  by Lora Leigh

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 36706 comments Mod
Is the not-from-you synopsis coming from Amazon, perchance?

message 3: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn | 189 comments Don't know... What do you think, Rivka?

Seen a few odd things like this in the past. Something where indicated I changed a book title to something that I didn't. But this synopsis thing...well, it bugs me.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Doesn't look like it's coming from Amazon. In fact, I have no idea WHERE it's coming from. Definitely very, very weird.

message 5: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn | 189 comments Found another oddity. A book had a discussion question with it by a member asking why the name of the book on GRs did not match the title of the book. That question was posted 8 days ago. Clicked to see what the change log indicated and though nothing showed as being changed it was fixed.

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

I believe (not certain though) that means someone did a refresh-and-override from Amazon.

message 7: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn | 189 comments Gotcha. Thanks Rivka.