UK Book Club discussion

Random Chit-Chat > To-read

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andy (new)

Andy Bird | 222 comments Just looked at my goodread to-read list and it's at 100.

When am i going to find time to read all of those!

How often do people review their to-read lists and update the order? I don't check mine very often.

message 2: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 26 comments I was trying to keep mine to 100. Now it's approaching 300. I'm definitely going to review it at some point, I'm always adding things on a whim!

I've also changed the order of mine every day for the last 2 or 3 days as I've joined several challenges and group reads :)

Some people have thousands on their TBR list! I can't let mine get that big, espescially as I'm not a particularly fast reader!

message 3: by Em, Moderator (new)

Em (EmmaP) | 2867 comments Mod
Ahem... mines at 546! It's chaos, I can't even remember why I added a lot of them in the first place and I seem to end up reading books that aren't even on the list anyway. My to-read list is a sham.

message 4: by Bill (new)

Bill | 2277 comments My to-read list is at about 400 or so. And unfortunately for the most part the books are sitting on my shelves waiting to be read. I don't add unless I actually have the book. Still I do periodically re-organize and sometimes take them off the shelves and trade in at my used book store.... for more.. lol. Of course I've got another hand written list which has about another 400 or so books that I want to buy.. I'm being pretty good about that list this past few months.. egads!

message 5: by Louise (new)

Louise I only have books I own on my to-read shelf so it's only around 60. My Wishlist is much bigger. I only udpate and reorganise when I get a new book and I do it A-Z by author for fiction and then have all my non-fiction just shoved in any order on the end (people keep buying me history books but I'm rubbish at reading them) rather than sorting by the order I want to read in. I prefer to be a bit more spontaneous and just grap whater takes my fancy really.

message 6: by Helen (new)

Helen | 4238 comments I have loads that I intend to read, they are in author name order though so not prioritised. I own most of them.

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (SquirrelsEnd) | 3541 comments You lot look like light weights compared to my TBR list! At 1230, all the books I have in my library - and this does not include several hundred ebooks on my Sony and Kindle!

message 8: by Nikks (new)

Nikks | 545 comments My tbr list just went over a hundred. I created a tbr and own category too - so I don't buy something I already have ! I will go through my good reads tbr list at some point. Lots of them I add on a whim, but really have no intention of reading. Others I put in the notes section on my iPhone and search them out to buy - that's when I know I'm serious about them.