Tierra Encantada Charter School discussion

The Great Gatsby
This topic is about The Great Gatsby
Engl. IV > Daisy

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tierra Encantada | 76 comments Mod
Analyze Daisy's attitude toward her child as evidenced in ch. 7 and in Ch. Is she a good mother? Explain why Gatsby looked "at the child with surprise."

message 2: by Tish (new) - added it

Tish Garcia | 8 comments Daisy seems very proud and loving of her child , but has a very show-off attidude when her daughter comes in , in chapter 7 , going as far as plainly stating that she wants to show her off . After her daughter states that she got dressed before the luncheon , Daisy says " that's because your mother wanted to show you off .. You dream , you . You absolute little dream . " I believe Gatsby looked at the child with surprise just because of the fact that he had never seen her before .

message 3: by Drew (new) - rated it 1 star

Drew | 19 comments daisy is a conceded and proud mother my example is that she wants to show off her daughter but she seems to be really kind and motherly in the ways she talks to her. Gatsby looks in surprise because her daughter looks almost exactly like her so he is speechless that she really had a daughter. "I don't think he had ever really believed in its existence before."pg 117

message 4: by Jesus (new)

Jesus | 21 comments Daisey acts motherly towards her child, and treats her with care. "She crooned, holding out her arms."Come to your mother that loves you."" She also seems to care what she looks like. "Did mother get powder on your old yellowy hair?""She doesnt look like her father," pg117. I suspect that shes proud of her child and likes to show her off. "Thats because mother wanted to show you off." With all this evidence i belief her to be a good mother. I think that the reason Gatsby look at the child with suprise is, that he didnt know of the existance of her child. "I dont think he had ever really believe in it's existance before." pg 117

message 5: by Mayra (last edited Oct 03, 2012 03:37PM) (new)

Mayra | 21 comments Daisy Is a very good mother by the way she talks about her and that she wants ti show her off. She's is a very motherly mother. "Come to your own mother that loves you"(pg 117)
Gatsby can't still bealive how much Daisy Loves her daughter.
Gatsby Looks at the daughter with surprise because Daisy dressed her daughter very pretty. "Thats because your mother wanted to show you off"(pg. 117)

Josh Smith | 18 comments Daisy seems like a good mother by her attitude she tells her child " come to your own mother that loves you." and "the bles-sed pre-cious! did your mother get powder on your yellow hair? stand up and say--- how-de-do." Daisy wants to show off her daughter as well "thats because your mother wanted to show you off."

message 7: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 18 comments Daisy is a good mother And loves her daughter very much "bles-sed per-cious," she crooned, holding out her arms. " come to your own mother that loves you" (pg 117) she taught her daughter about respect "stand up now, and say ---how de-do" (pg 117) he was surprised because "he had ever really believed in its existence before" (pg 117)

message 8: by Carmela (new)

Carmela | 3 comments Daisy seemed like a good mother that loves her daughter very much, but the way she shows off her daughter makes her seem conceced.