Tierra Encantada Charter School discussion

The Great Gatsby
This topic is about The Great Gatsby
Engl. IV > Conclusions

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tierra Encantada | 76 comments Mod
At the end of Chapter 7 Nick observes Gatsby, Tom, and Daisy after the accident. What conclusions does he reach?

message 2: by Drew (new) - rated it 1 star

Drew | 19 comments i think he dislikes all of them mostly Gatsby and tom because they annoy him with there changing personalities and dis honesty to others with tom because he was a hypocrite with a mistress and a wife and Gatsby because hes after a married women. and they are all pretty much crazy with this love triangle

message 3: by Josh (last edited Oct 04, 2012 09:07AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josh Smith | 18 comments Nick relizes than no one is really happy or mad that night "They weren't happy, and neither of them had touched the chicken or the ale-and yet weren't unhappy either." And he sees that they are planning something secretly. "There was an unmistakeable air of natural intimacy about the picture, and anybody would have said that they were conspiring together." (Pg. 145) nick also really dislikes both Tom and Gatsby at this point "I disliked him so much by this time I didn't find in necessary to tell him he was wrong."

message 4: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 18 comments He really dislikes gatsby at this point "I disliked him so much by this time that I didn't find it necessary to tell him he was wrong" (pg 143) he was kind of confused as how daisy and Tom were acting "they werent happy, and yet they weren't unhappy" (pg 145) he was curious as to what daisy and Tom were planing "there was an unmistakable air of natural intimacy about the picture, and anybody would have said that they were conspirising together" (pg 145)

message 5: by Mayra (new)

Mayra | 21 comments after the accident i believe he really dislikes Gatsby because he changes personalities way to much. "I disliked him so much by this time that I didn't find it necessary to tell him he was wrong."(pg 143)
both tom and Gatsby were both Hipocritas.

message 6: by Jesus (new)

Jesus | 21 comments at the end of the chapter7 nick make a conclusion which is that tom and daisy arent willing to separate. "they werent happy but they werent unhappy either" pg 145. what he observes about gatsby is that he still care about daisy.he also dislikes him so much he doesnt tell hbim he is wasting his time. "i dislike him so much by this point "pg 143