Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1) Eragon discussion

the movie really could of been better

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Alexander reykhart the movie had so many fictional stuff that the book didn't have so i really liked the book more

Jeni [Does the system not let you delete an accidental duplicate posting?]

I liked the movie just fine. The book was good, too.

Monica Alexander wrote: "the movie had so many fictional stuff that the book didn't have so i really liked the book more"
I expected more from the movie it was a poor adaptation of his book. But my cousin who has never read the book(or any other book in his adult lifetime) enjoyed the movie. So it got me thinking if i havent read the book and notice what it lacked would i still dislike this movie? And the answer is yes it wasnt a good movie imo. But others may think differently

Ashley Well one of the things that annoyed me about the book was they completely destroyed the badass female elf lady. All she became was an annoying damsel in distress in actuality her real character was a pretty good fighter. And of course that whole part at the end where they supposedly 'fall in love' when in the book she specifically is very sharp with him that she is significantly older than Eragon and is not interested. That just bugged me.

message 5: by Scott (last edited Sep 30, 2012 11:44AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Scott The movie was so crappy, the dumb movies in SiFi look better. Yes they could have done better if they actually read the books.

message 6: by Mic (new) - added it

Mic Salmon Ugh, the movie was pretty bad. Soundtrack was good but everything else? Ugh. Just. Ugh

Peter Lewis The movie was exactly the same as star wars episode iv, a real let down

message 8: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Hoffman The movie wasn't the best, but neither was the book. Perhaps if the book had been a little better, the movie would have been as well.

Tory Book was amazing but i realy didn t expect much from the movie ... and i was right. Movies made from book are just silly shadows of books! Any movie i saw didn t convinced me that it can be another way.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Morgane wrote: "Ugh, the movie was pretty bad. Soundtrack was good but everything else? Ugh. Just. Ugh"

I second that

Charlie I have read Eragon and i dont plan on seeing the movie because it'll ruin the books for me :) and from you guys have said it probably isnt worth seeing.

Samuel S.B. Sometimes the movie is a good representation of the movie but then again when you get certain movies like Eragon coming out, you get a little overly disappointed. I know I was very disappointed in Eragon. Only Jeremy Irons as Brom was the highlight but everything else was very poor. The book is more worth while than the movie

message 13: by Mic (new) - added it

Mic Salmon Samuel wrote: "I know I was very disappointed in Eragon. Only Jeremy Irons as Brom was the highlight but everything else was very poor. The book is more worth while than the movie "

Agreed! Brom made the movie worth watching in my opinion but the rest of movie was a complete pass.

Samantha The Escapist This topic again? Alexander there are 4 other topics about the movie on the first page alone, not to mention the fifth you posted accidentally.

Every time the movie is brought up people just recycle the same opinion in the new topic.

Also since I'm in bitch mode I have to be a much bigger one and point out that "could of" doesn't mean anything, it's "could have".

I'm sorry, I really don't want to be a huge jerk.

I'll even participate to be less of one, I think the movie was abysmal and that taking on a movie of these books would be a monumental undertaking (script wise) because these books were sorely in need of more editing to start with.

However that doesn't excuse the poor directing, acting and dialogue of this movie and it especially doesn't excuse fabricating storyline when there is already plenty, not to mention burning bridges needed for the rest of the story.

message 15: by Sera (new) - added it

Sera the movie is sucks LoL
but the cast are okay

Charlie *MOVIE FAILED* They cant match descriptions these days can they?
For 1 Eragon doesn't have blonde hair and he was meant to have brown eyes!

Skyler Roar I did not like the movie, seemed as if they were in a big rush to make it books WAY BETTER!

message 18: by Connie (new)

Connie They could have done it way better. I wish they could have improved it. Maybe one day they'll remake it?

Samantha The Escapist Caitlin wrote: "*MOVIE FAILED* They cant match descriptions these days can they?
For 1 Eragon doesn't have blonde hair and he was meant to have brown eyes!"

Did his hair and eye colour have any huge changing effect on the story line?

I get that it's not too hard to make a character in the movie look more like the book version, particularly something as simple as hair colour, but I also don't see why it's so imporant to the quality of the movie - why it's a deal breaker for so many people. It's not important unless it's also a key plot point.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

The movie is a fail. I guess its the reason why they haven't made a second.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Arya was the big disappointment. She is my favorite character, but the movie directors butchered her. I saw a fanfic once about what happened when the movie!verse met the book!verse.