Time Travel discussion

An Amazing Adventure Through Time
This topic is about An Amazing Adventure Through Time
Time Travel Books By Members > An Amazing Adventure Through Time

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 25, 2012 10:49AM) (new)

Hello!

I'm new in this fantastic group. I LOVE TIME TRAVEL STORIES!

I'm a writer. Three published books in Portuguese language (young adult), two of them in some Top Ten list. Now I'm hired to write a screenplay—a true story in France in the 19th century.

My best-seller is now available in English: An Amazing Adventure Through Time. It's a time travel adventure: 19&21 centuries; Brazil, England, Spain, and Greece. Real and fictional characters appear: Arthur Conan Doyle & Sherlock Holmes; Agatha Christie & Poirot; Madame Tussaud (from the wax works museum); Jack the Ripper etc.

The book is available in paperback and Kindle editions. Next week, iBooks edition too.

~~

From Amazon:

~~ The Portuguese-language best-seller is now available in English! ~~

TRAILER: http://youtu.be/IOyE_bVmrqQ?hd=1

One of the most incredible stories about time travel is about to start. Set off with Leo, Tracy, Alan, and Rita on this adventure which brings with it an intriguing array of real and fictional characters.

Thanks to an ancient pyramid with special powers, the gang leaves modern-day São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, to travel to nineteenth-century London. In amidst their many bewildering adventures they meet up with Sherlock Holmes and the man who created the famous detective, Arthur Conan Doyle, as well as the detective Hercule Poirot and his affable creator Agatha Christie.

In their attempt to survive in this strange world, the gang crosses paths with the perverse murderer Jack the Ripper and discover his true identity.

How will they be able to protect themselves? How are they to make sense of the fact that fictional characters suddenly become flesh and blood? And most important of all: How do they get back home?

AN AMAZING ADVENTURE THROUGH TIME was among the ten most sold books for young readers in the Portuguese language.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Glauco Adams was born in 1975. He has been publishing books since he was 26, two of which (including this one) are among the ten most sold books for young readers in the Portuguese language. At present, apart from working on other books, he also works as a screenwriter.

AN AMAZING ADVENTURE THROUGH TIME is the second book he published (2003). In a way, the story is a tribute to Conan Doyle and to Agatha Christie, and he hopes that his book will inspire young readers to read the work of these fantastic writers. Since 1997 he has done much to promote the reading of Agatha Christie, largely through a well-known site that ran for many years. He is widely regarded as the most important (non-official) disseminator of the work of Agatha Christie in Brazil.

He lives in Portugal with his family and his animals.

message 2: by Tej (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tej (theycallmemrglass) | 1725 comments Mod
Welcome Glauco. Thanks for letting us know about your book. Sounds fun. I love Sherlock Holmes stories too.

Perhaps you might like to consider entering your book on our monthly book give away prize contests. If, so do send a pm to John

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Tej wrote: "Welcome Glauco. Thanks for letting us know about your book. Sounds fun. I love Sherlock Holmes stories too.

Perhaps you might like to consider entering your book on our monthly book give away..."

Hi Tej!

Thank you for your welcome. And...for the suggestion about the monthly book give away prize contests.

I love your country. I will visit London again in November or December. By the way, London is where most of the action takes place in my book An Amazing Adventure Through Time. Well, I love, love, love all the UK. :-)

message 4: by Tej (last edited Oct 30, 2012 08:20AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hey Glauco, I read your book and I liked it. I've put up a review, forgive me, I do nitpick a lot and gave it 3.5/5 but the ten year old me would most certainly have given it a 4 or 5/5!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Tej wrote: "Hey Glauco, I read your book and I liked it. I've put up a review, forgive me, I do nitpick a lot and gave it 3.5/5 but the ten year old me would most certainly have given it a 4 or 5/5!"

Thanks!

Why "Forgive me"? A reviewer should never say this. :-) An 3.5 is very good!

Thank you again! :-)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

TEJ, I've just read your review.

I liked it very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

In fact (and believe me), I prefer 4/3-stars review rather then 5-stars. Nothing is perfect. I like when I read "Oh-yes-good-and-this-and-that"... BUT... :-)

It looks more natural. And it is better for the author.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh!

Hey, Tej, I've just seen your review on Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008F440FE). Wow, thanks a lot.

By the way, I'm very happy today. The original version, "AVENTURA ALUCINANTE", was published yesterday on Apple's iBookstore, and they selected the book for the section "New & Noteworthy" on Portuguese-language iBookstores. :-) This was a huge surprise.

message 9: by Howard (new)

Howard Loring (howardloringgoodreadscom) | 1174 comments Glauco, wonderful news.

I voted for your book for this month's read.

Good luck there, too.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you, Howard!

And I voted for your book. :-)

message 11: by Tej (new) - rated it 4 stars

Glauco, congratulations on being selected, sounds like a nice springboard for your book sales.

Once question. DO you have sequels planned? Although your book is a complete story, sounds like there is scope for many more adventures and perhaps background on the pyramid's origins. I'm guessing you probably dont as you wrote this book since 2003 but I thought I ask.