Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > two authors on one page?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eva (new)

Eva Leger (EvaMarie22) | 756 comments I've never seen this before so I wanted to mention it because I can't figure it out.

This author page:

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

for Lansky has the first listing for a book by Tim Cahill. Lansky isn't listed as another author on the book and I can't figure it out.
I just wanted to make sure it is the way it should be. Can someone take a look?
Thanks!

message 2: by jenjn79 (last edited Feb 07, 2009 07:03PM) (new)

jenjn79 | 565 comments One of the other editions of the Cahill book has Lansky listed as a second author.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/48...

Not sure if he is supposed to be or not, but that is why it's showing up in the profile.

message 3: by Eva (new)

Eva Leger (EvaMarie22) | 756 comments Thanks Isis- I looked for that so somehow it slipped by me.
I think they're supposed to be the same so I'll go do some digging and make sure Lanksy should be there and then act accordingly.
Thanks for the pair of eyes!

message 4: by Eva (new)

Eva Leger (EvaMarie22) | 756 comments It looks to be edited by Cahill so now I have another question for anyone out there. I've seen some listing where the editor was in the author spot and where it said 'edited by' in front of the authors name. Is this something that I should do here? I'm going to leave it alone until I hear back from someone who knows.
Thanks again Isis!

message 5: by jenjn79 (new)

jenjn79 | 565 comments When you go into the edit book area, there is a spot to add a role for any given author...next to each author spot it says "add role" you can add that info there. Oh, and make sure to do the same changes to each edition so that they will have the same info.

message 6: by Eva (new)

Eva Leger (EvaMarie22) | 756 comments You know, I have seen that, I just never used it before so I forgot. I've added authors but there was never a role to put in.
Thanks Isis- I never like to do anything new without talking to someone first.
Thanks!

message 7: by jenjn79 (new)

jenjn79 | 565 comments You're welcome!