Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Archived/Extinct Discussions > Series you need to get around to reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 172 (172 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 9700 comments Mod
I honestly have way too many of these....

I have book gluttony and there are so many books I want to read. So my answer will be rather long. Can you think of series that have been on your pile for a long time? Let us know. I think I will put together a challenge next year just for these....

message 2: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 395 comments I have "book gluttony" too!! The first step is admitting you have a problem, right?

My problem is that I read the first book or first couple of books in the series and I don't get around to the rest of them. And really there are just too many to list :D

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 9700 comments Mod
That happens to me too, Tammy. Although lately I have a lot of series I don't get around to starting because I am stuck with my assigned reading!

message 4: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) Guilty of that too ! What I'm doing is when I've read #1 I stick #2 on my TBR, and then when I get round to it I stick #3 down on there and so on... then I don't forget

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) A challenge for this would be excellent. I have a lot of series I want to start as well.

message 6: by Duchess Nicole (new)

Duchess Nicole | 154 comments Tammy wrote: "I have "book gluttony" too!! The first step is admitting you have a problem, right?

My problem is that I read the first book or first couple of books in the series and I don't get around to the re..."

Geez, I do that exact same thing! I have a shelf called currently reading series, and it has over thirty books from about ten to twelve different series on it. *face palm* I'm just now trying to make it a goal of mine to get through with these series by the end of the year. I'm becoming overwhelmed!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I need to read:

Vampires in America by DB Reynolds
Pride and Magnus Pack by Shelly Laurenston
Fever by KMM

And like a bjillion others.

message 8: by Duchess Nicole (new)

Duchess Nicole | 154 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "I need to read:

Vampires in America by DB Reynolds
Pride and Magnus Pack by Shelly Laurenston
Fever by KMM

And like a bjillion others."

Crappolie, Dhes! Those are some of my favorite series! I fall so in love with my book characters, it's hard to remember that there are tons of my friends who haven't read them all yet. Though all of those series are so very different, you could start anywhere and be in good shape!

message 9: by Duchess Nicole (new)

Duchess Nicole | 154 comments I need to start Kerrelyn Sparks Love at Stake series and Lyndsay Sands Argeneau.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Duchess Nicole wrote: "I need to start Kerrelyn Sparks Love at Stake series and Lyndsay Sands Argeneau."

Yep, those too.

message 11: by Duchess Nicole (new)

Duchess Nicole | 154 comments I believe that a cloning is in order...it's about the only way we'll ever read all of these!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Duchess Nicole wrote: "I believe that a cloning is in order...it's about the only way we'll ever read all of these!"

Too true!

message 13: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 395 comments Duchess Nicole wrote: "Tammy wrote: "I have "book gluttony" too!! The first step is admitting you have a problem, right?

My problem is that I read the first book or first couple of books in the series and I don't get ar..."

Its so easy to get behind on a series...I'm going to make it my goal to catch up by the end of the year too

message 14: by Nomad (new)

Nomad I need to get on Nalini Singh's psi/changeling series. I keep hearing good things and I need to get to it, but my TBR pile is just too big to justify anymore purchases. Which saddens me I must say.

I also need to read Joey Hill's vampire, BDSM, femmedom series. I just have to read a series where ALL of that is included. But once again... I really need to make serious dents in my to read pile before I start either one of them.

So many books, so little time!

Lauren wrote: "A challenge for this would be excellent. I have a lot of series I want to start as well."

I'll probably get started on coming up with the yearly challenges for 2013 in November. So I'll make one for series. Thanks for the input!

message 16: by Laura (new)

Laura If I read the first book in a series that I really like I buy all the rest of the books at the one time so I can read them one right after another without having to wait for an amazon delivery to get the next one. But just when I think I've read them all another one will be due out months after I finished the rest of the series!

message 17: by Missyb (new)

Missyb | 98 comments Duchess Nicole wrote: "I need to start Kerrelyn Sparks Love at Stake series and Lyndsay Sands Argeneau."

Get ready for some great laughs, The Argeneau books have some great humor throughout. Sparks series is good, just not all the humor of Sands' series. Both a great read.

message 18: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 688 comments JR Ward, Nalini Singh, Lindsey kelk's I love... series :)

message 19: by Kelly (last edited Oct 02, 2012 05:18PM) (new)

Kelly | 6 comments I'm new to this group and just figuring it out but a new series I just found out about that has a super sexy bad boy, Heller by JD Nixon. I'm about half way done the the first book (out of 5 in the series so far). Nixon is a new indie author. The first book is free for Kindle right now on Amazon.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11...

Welcome, Kelly!

message 21: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (gakat) Kelly wrote: "I'm new to this group and just figuring it out but a new series I just found out about that has a super sexy bad boy, Heller by JD Nixon. I'm about half way done the the first book (out of 5 in th..."

I'm going through Heller withdrawals after reading this series over the last few days! I can't wait for book 5!!

message 22: by Laura (new)

Laura I just started reading the Seven Brides series by Leigh Greenwood after it was mentioned in another thread. Its really good. I'm enjoying it.

Glad to hear it, Laura!

message 24: by Duchess Nicole (new)

Duchess Nicole | 154 comments Katherine wrote: "Kelly wrote: "I'm new to this group and just figuring it out but a new series I just found out about that has a super sexy bad boy, Heller by JD Nixon. I'm about half way done the the first book (..."

I looked that series up after Kelly mentioned it. How much romance and sex do they have? I heard there were mainly fade to black love scenes and tons of angst and drama. Any goodies you can spill without spoiling?

message 25: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (gakat) "I looked that series up after Kelly mentioned it. How much romance and sex do they have? I heard there were mainly fade to black love scenes and tons of angst and drama. Any goodies you can spill without spoiling?"

The books are an emotional roller coaster ride. The sex is fade to black and that's ok. It's the interactions between the characters and the trouble that Tilly always finds herself in while on assignment that keeps you interested. In particular, the interactions between Tilly and her boss, Heller.

Since the first book, "Heller" is still free for Kindle download, and I think it is still free for other ebook downloads on B&N and Smashbooks, I suggest that download and read the first book. It is one of the "lighter" books of the series but it's an entertaining read.

message 26: by Duchess Nicole (new)

Duchess Nicole | 154 comments Awesome! Just got is on Smashwords! Thanks so much for the heads up, Katherine. I'll give it a go when I get through my little virtual bedside stack.

I'm a romance junkie, so I like to have at least a little, somewhere in the book. Fade to black love scenes are okay if the rest of the romance is believable without sex. I just find the romance easier to grasp if the sexual tension leads somewhere.

message 27: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (gakat) Duchess Nicole wrote: "Awesome! Just got is on Smashwords! Thanks so much for the heads up, Katherine. I'll give it a go when I get through my little virtual bedside stack.

I'm a romance junkie, so I like to have a..."

Yay!! I think you will enjoy the book. I don't know anyone that has not enjoyed the series. I will say things heat up in book 4 :-)

message 28: by NYC (new)

NYC (gingerbreadlove) | 7 comments Ha! I tend to read the series from the end (or whatever is the "hot" new release) then I go back and read from the beginning of the series. So far the out of sync series reading hasn't confused me! But that's how I discover new books, series, authors, and most importantly new likes!

Sometimes I come into a series that way, especially when I get a copy for review. I do try to read series in order, but I don't worry about it that much. It will usually come clear in the end.

message 30: by Sunny☼ (new)

Sunny☼ (sunny2) | 146 comments KGI series by Maya Banks. The first book in the series is The Darkest Hour (KGI, #1) by Maya Banks . It tells of how ex husband Ethan and the KGI boys save his ex Rachel who he thought was dead but was actually captured and confined. It always hangs through other KGI books..What ever happened to Rachel. I just finished the novella by Banks Softly at Sunrise (KGI, #5.5) by Maya Banks that answers that question. The book has just been released.

So If you haven't started the KGI series and have been wanting to... I rec. after you read the first book, read this novella then on to the rest of the books. The novella was crammed full from the first page to the last. A good read and worth the purchase.

message 31: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) ^^ yep, what sunny said... Can't wait to get to the next one... It's not going up my tbr fast enough!

message 32: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (gakat) Rebecca wrote: "Thanks for the lead on the Heller series! Really loving it so far. Tilly is quite the crap magnet and Heller...well, I'm at a loss for words. He definitely is a dangerous hero."

Glad you are enjoying the Heller books. Heller is something else isn't he!!

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

cat and bones, iron fey, fever series, and demonica are my top series I need to start.

message 34: by BDSM newbie (last edited Nov 13, 2012 07:20AM) (new)

BDSM newbie  (Charlievamp) I like series too, sometimes one book just isn't enough. My problem is not too many books but not enough money. I usually can find a few pound each month for a book or two. Since joining good reads and this group my wish list has gone through the roof. Santa isn't brining me much this year but I will be getting a voucher for my kindle the only problem I have is which set to try and complete lol. Now that my son is older we will be having a monthly visit to the library so hopefully I can knock a few sets out that way. I'm finding myself being drawn into the pnr ya and romances that have the perfect bad boys in. Any suggestions for sets to keep an eye out for?

Are you sure you want me to answer that question, Charmaine? LOL.

I'll post a list when I get a chance. Got an appointment soon...

message 36: by BDSM newbie (new)

BDSM newbie  (Charlievamp) Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "Are you sure you want me to answer that question, Charmaine? LOL.

I'll post a list when I get a chance. Got an appointment soon..."

Yes please. I want to make sure I can make the most out of my library.

message 37: by BDSM newbie (new)

BDSM newbie  (Charlievamp) Ok I know this might not be the right place for this question but I thought as it was related to a series that this was the best place to ask. With J R Wards dagger brotherhood series do you need to read the first one first, is it a continued set or are all the books individual stories? My local library has some of the books but not the first so I'm asking before I take the time to get them.

message 38: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t Charmaine -- the stories themselves are self-contained because they focus on a different "brother" but to understand the relationships and follow thru with locations and some side conversations its better to go in order.

so short answer, yes, it'll be better for you

message 39: by Fashionista (new)

Fashionista  (fashionista99) | 187 comments The Saint series by Tiana Laveen When Saint Goes Marching In by Tiana Laveen The Naughty Sins of a Saint by Tiana Laveen

The Alfonzo series by SW Frank  ALFONZO by S.W. Frank Ascension Alfonzo Vol. II by S.W. Frank Anarchy Alfonzo Vol. III by S.W. Frank

And I really need to finish the Pride Series by Shelly Laureston.

message 40: by BDSM newbie (new)

BDSM newbie  (Charlievamp) Thanks Pat.

message 41: by Gwen (new)

Gwen (gwenk) | 161 comments I have "book gluttony" as well. There are just too many series I've started and still have to get caught up on. :)

message 42: by Alisa (new)

Alisa You really can't read Black Dagger Brotherhood out of order. Too many relationships & events going on. You would lose a big part of the story telling imo.

message 43: by Alisa (new)

Alisa My goal for the new year is to start the following series: Immortals After Dark, The Dresden Files & Vampires in America.

message 44: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) I have Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon sitting so long in my TBR. And its also the first book I add on Goodreads here, lol! Also need to start BDB again. Last book I read is Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward

@Fashionista : I plan to finish Pride series and Dragon Kin too.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

You guys seem experienced in these types of books....What is THE BEST series/book in your opinion?

message 46: by Gwen (new)

Gwen (gwenk) | 161 comments Seriously, I couldn't pick one over the other. These are some of the ones I enjoy. There are a lot more!

Dark Hunter Series - Sherrilyn Kenyon
Black Dagger Brotherhood - J.R. Ward
Immortals After Dark - Kresley Cole
Ohio Destiny Series - Toni Blake
Demonica Series - Larissa Ione
Midnight Breed Series - Lara Adrian

message 47: by Alisa (new)

Alisa Claudia wrote: "You guys seem experienced in these types of books....What is THE BEST series/book in your opinion?"

Hard to answer. I would say Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward. That is one series that you will find on almost everyone's list. (You need to read it in order though.) Some of my other favorites that I also see mentioned a lot are the Guild Hunter series by Nalini Signh and Lords of the Underworld by Gena Showalter.

message 48: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I'm one of the few who cannot stand BDB (the lack of plot and awful dialogue ruin the romance for me).

My favorites are:
The Sentinel Wars by Shannon K. Butcher
Midnight Breed by Lara Adrian
Immortals After Dark by Kresley Cole
Demonica by Larissa Ione.

message 49: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (studioeastrat) | 511 comments Lauren wrote: "I'm one of the few who cannot stand BDB (the lack of plot and awful dialogue ruin the romance for me).

My favorites are:
The Sentinel Wars by Shannon K. Butcher
Midnight Breed by Lara Adri
Immor..."

I didn't care for BDB either. I found myself skipping big chunks of the books because the "bad" guys were super boring.

Some of my favorites are:
Kresley Cole - Immortals after Dark
Gena Showalter - Lords of the Underworld
Sherilynn Kenyon - Dark Hunter

message 50: by BDSM newbie (new)

BDSM newbie  (Charlievamp) I've just started the lords of the underworld series it seems good so far but I haven't read much yet.

« previous 1 3 4