The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > New Canuck!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (lindsc) Good Evening!
I have been active on other sites for awhile, and through them discovered Goodreads...which so far I love and I am looking forward to being a member.
I am a 26 year-old grade 8 Language Arts teacher here on the East coast of Canada. I have been married for 1.5 years to my husband who I have been with since grade 11 (we went to separate high schools so we don't claim high-school sweetheart status :) ) I love to curl up with my reading buddy, a little Lhasa Apso named Riley.
I read anything and everything, whereever and whenever I can (including with my students during their SSR period!) I can't say I have a favourite author, but I read everything from Picoult to Lamb, Kinsella to Gregory.
Can't wait to begin!

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10022 comments Mod
Hi LindsC
Thanks for joining. Awwww.... been together since junior year, how sweet! I hope you pop into some of the threads and let us get to know you!

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 1000 comments Welcome, Linds!

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) Welcome to the group! Thanks for being a middle school teacher also - I'm sure it has its highs and lows.

:)

message 5: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi LindsC, welcome and happy reading!! I take my hat off to you and anyone who teaches, especially kids and young people. (I usually teach continuing ed./adults.) It's a tough, wonderful, impossibly difficult job.

message 6: by Bird (new)

Bird (thebird) I am an elementary teacher, but am certified to teach MS Language Arts too. I haven't been daring enough to consider it though, it's a tough age to teach!

message 7: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Hi Linds, Welcome to the group!!!

message 8: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 253 comments Hi LindsC; you'll find lots of great book recommendations here and find your to be read list growing and growing (out of control)!! :)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi LindsC & welcome to the group!