A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5) A Dance with Dragons discussion

Fate of Dani...

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (last edited Sep 25, 2012 12:21AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joanna What will be the fate of Dani in the end of the series,for someone who's so determined to avenge her family and take the iron throne by fire and fury she seems stuck in a limbo.., Am I the only one who feels that she's somehow a sacrificial lamb for a higher purpose?

Danielle I actually agree, the story line was so good and then it just kind of stalled. I think John Snow is going to become way more important, as is Arya (within the Kingdom I mean, they are already important to the story)

I keep wondering who Arya will end up taking out when she's a true assassin. I think that developing story line will be very important.

Joanna so true...I love Arya she's the only character that's kept me begging for more...:D

Justin Wilkerson I know a lot of people are frustrated with Dany's time spent in Mereen, but I actually have enjoyed her story with the freed slaves. I will admit there are moments that infuriate me, I still enjoy her storyline for the most part.

Most people argue that there was no point to her being there or it was just "filler" but it was a trial. If she had just gone to Westeros she would have failed, miserably. While I do not pretend to know exactly what path her story will take, I know that it will be an awesome story and IF she succeeds it will be because of lessons she learned from her time spent in Mereen.

Oh and Arya F*ing ROCKS! :) that is all.

Joanna Marina wrote: "I think she will never return to Westeros, of if she will, she'll leave soon enough to go back to the East.
She's never set foot in there, she's much more of an Easterner than a Westerosi."

hmm interesting thought,crossed my mind once or twice the reality of her actually going to westeros seems to be some far fetched dream more than anything else..

Madison I dont think she will have all the Westeros, I think like they always say the dragon has 3 heads thats the way Westeros will be The North, The Islands (ironman) and the rest maybe it will be hers. She needs to do a better job being a leader. I do not understand what she thinks if she gets Westeros everything will be peachy , the country at this point its in ruins with all this war and don't forget she does not even know about the others. I hope she is no sacrificial lamb though , she suffered enough , after all that she should be a badass :)

Leniw I believe that Dany will eventually come to sit to the iron throne. Remember the prophecy that was revealed to Cercei about a Queen younger and more Beautiful that will take her place? I think that Queen is Dany.

Madison Yes u are right, I was thinking the same when I heard that prophecy and she will have the iron throne but not as seven kingdoms , just a theory though I may be wrong :)

Katie Wilson I think that Dany will go to Westeros. I think that she just forgot she was the blood of the Dragon. There is no doubt it is her destiny, and what better time then to go and "save" all the people from the lords that play their game of thrones?

message 10: by Patse (new) - rated it 1 star

Patse Bebe Dani ends up in the North, battling the ice giants and the final demon and being destroyed - but with her dying breath she releases her surviving two dragons to hunt down and rip GRRM to pieces - for writing such boring tomes to end the series
the throne is melted down and given to Lipswanna as a chamber pot
and the final eight chapters of the series are spent describing what GRRM had for breakfast lunch and dinner - in excrutiating detail and how it was prepared and the prep work of the vegetables and the seasoning of the broth and the placing of the table setting and the color of the rugs and the dimness of the lighting and the ... brief breaks to the bathroom.

since his next and supposed final book is not coming out til 2021 - move on to another author
let this pig roast

Marie-pier 2021...you are kidding right?

Joanna ofcourse she is...its getting released on 2015 according to G.R.R Martin..if he doesn't HBO will come up with their own ending for the series so the man better find a way to stick glued to his chair or let some other author take over god knows there are plenty out there dying to finish it for him,he's trying so hard to give it a lord of the rings polish which in my honest opinion is not even remotely possible..

Dionna Marina wrote: "I think she will never return to Westeros, of if she will, she'll leave soon enough to go back to the East.
She's never set foot in there, she's much more of an Easterner than a Westerosi."

She was born in Westeros, Dragonstone. She will arrive back via the ships that Victarion has claimed en route to her, where she and Aegon will battle. How that turns out, I have no idea. I can only hope that she will prevail.

infael Danys needs to do something about Drogon first.

message 15: by Ted (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ted I agree Dany is Cersei's more beautiful rival and I think she will get to Westeros and battle at some point. But something she has consistently thought of–her only sense of home–is the house with the red door.

Perhaps she'll realize she just inherited the quest for the Iron Throne and it is not of her. Maybe she will be satisfied with Jon Snow (Targaryen?) in power. If that's the case she might retire to a home with Irri, Jiqqui (sp?) and Missandei in the free islands or take her place with other past Khaleesi at Vaes Dothraki.

message 16: by Dionna (last edited Apr 05, 2013 08:42PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dionna Joanna wrote: "ofcourse she is...its getting released on 2015 according to G.R.R Martin..if he doesn't HBO will come up with their own ending for the series so the man better find a way to stick glued to his chai..."

HBO doesn't write, D&D and a host of others actually write the show. D&D already know the ending and i suspect, if they do surpass GRRM, they will make up an ending vs spoiling GRRM's. That is unless , heaven forbid, he passes away first. And, yes, I can see 2021 before the final book is released.

GRRM has stated, that we will see Asshai via flashbacks, so we will not get and extensive view of it. I hope that Dany conquers the Iron Islands and ends up partnering with Jon in order to defeat the Others.

Eyehavenofilter Dionna wrote: "Marina wrote: "I think she will never return to Westeros, of if she will, she'll leave soon enough to go back to the East.
She's never set foot in there, she's much more of an Easterner than a West..."

Patse wrote: "Dani ends up in the North, battling the ice giants and the final demon and being destroyed - but with her dying breath she releases her surviving two dragons to hunt down and rip GRRM to pieces - f..."

I be dead and buried by then good GOD!
"A man" should put his fat arse in the chair and write if he knows what's good for him!

message 18: by Ted (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ted I'm not so sure. Being a khaleesi is a real part of her identity now. She spends a great deal of time with her three handmaids, two of whom are Dothraki, and she is close with her bloodriders who serve for life.

In one sense it would be terrific to see Dani win the game of thrones and defy all odds. But I think Martin has shown she is conflicted and has aims that are at cross-purposes.

Her character would display maturity if she were to exit the game on her own terms and choose the life she'll be happiest in. After all, heavy lies the crown.

Dionna Ted wrote: "I'm not so sure. Being a khaleesi is a real part of her identity now. She spends a great deal of time with her three handmaids, two of whom are Dothraki, and she is close with her bloodriders who s..."
She is only Khaleesi to her Dothraki. Everyone else acknowledges her as Queen. Her bloodriders, before they became bloodriders, were going to cart her to Vaes Dothrak to die until she birthed her dragons. Now, they all know that it is not her place.

Adria From the way her story ended in this book, I don't think she will make it to Westros. I don't think she deserves the Iron Throne. She was one of my favorite characters. But she gave up on her dragons by having them chained (as it explained in the book) and she gave up her quest, she lost sight of the real plan.