Browncoats discussion

Following Firefly... > Nathan Fillion in Castle, new show on ABC

Comments Showing 1-50 of 72 (72 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Luann (new)

Luann (azbookgal) | 216 comments Mod
Have you all been seeing the previews for a new Nathan Fillion show on ABC? It looks interesting, although his character is wildly different from Malcolm Reynolds. Here are a few links:

http://abc.go.com/primetime/castle/in...
http://castletv.net/

message 2: by Joanne (new)

Joanne G. Rihm | 17 comments I am looking forward to Castle! Kind of a "Murder She Wrote" meets "Moonlighting." It looks like a lot of fun! I'd watch anything he was in!
:)

message 3: by Luann (new)

Did anyone watch Castle? And if so, what did you think? I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I've heard good things from people who did.

message 4: by Joanne (new)

Joanne G. Rihm | 17 comments ABC will be rerunning it on Saturday and the full episode can be viewed on line at ABC.com. I LOVED IT! The pilot episode was predictable, but Nathan is fantastic and incredibly charming in this role. The cast is pretty good too. Rick Castle's family is a hoot.
try to catch it. It will definately make my Monday night!

message 5: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindypliego) | 76 comments I'm definitely catching it this Saturday :) I had planned on watching it Monday, but I was completely lost to what channel it would be on, or even the name. But now that I know, I'm recording the series. It looks so great, and I can't wait to see it!

message 6: by Luann (new)

I'm glad to hear that they are showing it again on Saturday - although I won't be able to watch it then. I plan to watch it online - hopefully soon!

message 7: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindypliego) | 76 comments I really liked both the first and second episodes :)

message 8: by Luann (new)

I LOVED the first episode. Nathan Fillion was amazing and such fun to watch! I loved that they had him playing poker with REAL authors! I enjoyed the second episode as well. Definitely a new favorite show!

message 9: by Saira (new)

Saira (herumouni) Nathan Filion is so funny! I love him as Castle. My mum, brother and I kept saying he was like Malcom Reynolds, Anthony DiNozzo, and Timothy Mcgee (last two from the TV show NCIS) all in one. XD

message 10: by Luann (new)

Just wanted to post here Castle's conversation with his daughter about his shiny "space cowboy" Halloween costume. :)

Alexis: What exactly are you supposed to be?
Castle: Space Cowboy
Alexis: Okay, A: There are no cows in space. B: Didn't you wear that like five years ago?
Castle: So?
Alexis: So don't you think you should move on?
Castle: I like it!

message 11: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindypliego) | 76 comments Haha, thanks for posting that! It makes me smile just thinking about it :)

message 12: by Saira (new)

Saira (herumouni) I didn't get to hear this conversation, but I crack up every time someone quotes it. XD

message 13: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindypliego) | 76 comments Oh, oh, oh! Did you catch this week's episode of Castle? I know, I know. I keep bringing this show up, but! Gregg Henry was in this episode! Look familar? Well that's because he was that one guy who played that one sheriff in that one town :) From The Train Job episode. Remember now?

Yep. Anyways, I can't remember right at this moment, but next week's episode has some other joke or mention that is somehow related to Firefly. I think...

message 14: by Luann (new)

Cool, thanks for posting about that, Cindy. I haven't watched the episode yet, but it's on the top of my list when I get some time to sit down and catch up.

message 15: by Cindy (last edited Sep 29, 2011 09:56PM) (new)

Cindy (cindypliego) | 76 comments I was mistaken about there being a joke. Castle says something about being in a barfight before, and then gets punched in the face. I though he said he was in a firefight before, when I saw the commercial.

message 16: by Luann (new)

I haven't had a chance to watch the entire episode yet, but I did see a clip of that part. If it was a Firefly reference to one of Mal's bar fights, it was VERY subtle. :)

message 17: by Saira (new)

Saira (herumouni) I kept thinking of that episode after he mentioned that. XD Whoever writes Castle must have really liked Firefly, or Nathan keeps asking to reference it. XD

message 18: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 123 comments Love Castle! Started watching because of Nathan Fillion.

Nathan Fillion probably converted the writers to Browncoats if they weren't already. I think they let him do his own thing to an extent. (like ad-lib certain scenes maybe? NCIS's writers let Michael Weatherly ad-lib his lines and scenes and it usually works out very well)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

ABC announced yesterday that they are producing season 3 of Castle. Yay! Gotta love our Captain Tightpants. And, he really is ruggedly handsome.

message 20: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 123 comments Serena wrote: "ABC announced yesterday that they are producing season 3 of Castle. Yay! Gotta love our Captain Tightpants. And, he really is ruggedly handsome."

Quoted for Truth!!!

22 episodes season 3. YAY!

message 21: by Luann (new)

I heard (via Nathan Fillion on Twitter) that the latest episode of Castle had a Firefly reference. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Did anyone see it?

message 22: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 123 comments Yep. just did, this morning. it's a quote from Firefly. i won't say much more, in case it could be deemed spoiler-y.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Haven't seen it yet, either.
The final two went together, so I pvr'd both and will watch them as soon as I can.
Apparently Nathan throws a Firefly reference in to every episode. And, that's what makes him our captain!

message 24: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 123 comments Yeah, that's what I did when I found out it was a two-parter ep. I waited until I got both of them, then watched them when I had the chance. So glad they got season 3!

message 25: by Luann (new)

Hopefully I'll have time this weekend to watch both episodes!

message 26: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (zanyzanx8) | 4 comments Hey all, I am new to the group. I never caught Firefly on TV but I have loved it since!

I also love the new show Castle, and I had to add this, I just found out that there actually is a book "Heat Wave" by Richard Castle !!! And there is a second one coming out in September, "Naked Heat", here's the link: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/c/r...
I thought it was pretty cool that they actually have the books, I don't know who is really writing them, though or if they are really any good. But it would be fun to read them, cuz they are always referring to the books in the TV show :)

message 27: by Luann (new)

Hey, Suzanne! Welcome to the group. I'd heard about Heat Wave, but not Naked Heat. Thanks for the info! I haven't read Heat Wave, either, but I do think it's a fun idea.

message 28: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindypliego) | 76 comments I have Heat Wave, but I have yet to read it! Nathan Fillion looks so handsome on the back cover ;) hehe

I still need to get my copy of Naked Heat though...
Still loving the show, Castle is just awesome :)

message 29: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 123 comments I got Naked Heat, haven't read it yet, but i will once i'm through with my studies and have some downtime to actually read something that's not related to any of my research topics.

message 30: by Luann (new)

I'm just catching up on some Castle episodes, and he keeps making fun Firefly references! In the episode called "Close Encounters of the Murderous Kind" he speaks a sentence of Chinese and when Becket asks, "Semester abroad?" Castle says, "No, TV show I used to love." That episode is also full of all sorts of X-files references, for any fans of that show.

message 31: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 123 comments there's another firefly reference in that episode. when he mentions governments covering up the truth. (my first thought was Serenity, the movie)

message 32: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindypliego) | 76 comments Yes! I love that there are always little references of Firefly/Serenity in the show :) It makes me smile because I know only Firefly fans get it...

message 33: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 123 comments Cindy wrote: "Yes! I love that there are always little references of Firefly/Serenity in the show :) It makes me smile because I know only Firefly fans get it..."

So true!

message 34: by Luann (new)

That one fits, too, Cindy. Although it made me think of X-files. :)

message 35: by Miranda (new)

Miranda (miranda_fall) I love Castle!! (And the X-Files!!). The writing reminds me of Joss Whedon and I love all of the little Firefly references. Nathan Fillion is great as always.

message 36: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (porterak) I just have to say I live and breathe Castle maybe to much. If anyone around me brings it up they are not going to get me to shut up about it. I was so pumped up for the season 4 premier last Monday and so glad that it is back and I am just waiting for the day when they finally get together. But on the down side that usually always means that the show would then be over.

message 37: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindypliego) | 76 comments I was dying for Castle last Monday too! I must admit I was a little disappointed in how normal the episode was after the whole five minute hospital incident though. BUT! Beckett's confession at the end? Gosh, I knew she was lying when she said she didn't remember.

I can't wait for them to end up together either and it doesn't mean the show must end. There's a lot of juicy drama that they could add to that too! Plus, it'd be nice for Nathan to really get the girl he loves in the end...

message 38: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (porterak) Oh this show is so great with everything that they throw at it. Even the cases are pretty cool. I want anther kiss from Beckett and Castle. I mean come on it has already been long enough. Or they should so go under cover as a couple. That would be priceless.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Nice catch!

message 40: by Luann (new)

Wow, so subtle! Easy to miss. Thanks for sharing, Elizabeth!

message 41: by John (new)

John (jkbrown2) | 23 comments I love Castle and especially the line from the Halloween episode with him in the Firefly outfit. It was also great seeing Inara in The Mentalist a week or two ago.

message 42: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 123 comments As per TVLine, Adam Balwdin will be a guest star on an upcoming episode of Castle!

http://www.tvline.com/2012/03/castle-...

\o/

message 43: by Anne (new)

Anne (mysteryloveranne) | 32 comments Anastasia wrote: "As per TVLine, Adam Balwdin will be a guest star on an upcoming episode of Castle!

\o/"

I second your \o/ Can't wait for the 'easter eggs' in that episode.

message 44: by Luann (new)

Anastasia wrote: "As per TVLine, Adam Balwdin will be a guest star on an upcoming episode of Castle!

http://www.tvline.com/2012/03/castle-...

\o/"

Too fun!! Can't wait to see it. Thanks for letting us know, Anastasia.

message 45: by John (new)

John (jkbrown2) | 23 comments Looks like next week, April 9th, is the episode with Adam Baldwin.

message 46: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 123 comments John wrote: "Looks like next week, April 9th, is the episode with Adam Baldwin."

Actually I think it's been pushed to April 17th, there is no new episode April 9th. :( at least that's what the ABC website says: http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/castle

message 47: by John (new)

John (jkbrown2) | 23 comments Thanks, I saw the preview for the next episode and assumed it was next week. Once again proving that one should never assume! :-)

message 48: by Luann (new)

Whew! I thought I missed it! Although Hulu is supposed to grab all new episodes for me and I didn't see one there. Glad to know it's coming soon!

message 49: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 123 comments Found this on YouTube: Firefly references in Castle (through season 3) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQsnLN...

message 50: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 123 comments Adam Baldwin previews his appearance on tonight's Castle episode: http://tvline.com/2012/04/15/castle-s...

So looking forward to this one.

« previous 1