Lending Nook books discussion

BOTM October

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra **The Bibliophagist** | 35 comments Mod
I am sorry that I was so bust this month. I am job hunting, and taking 6 college classes, and caring for my 15 month old son. I will be sure to make time for now on. I am hoping to get a good amount of suggestions soon about a BOTM for October. I will then put up a poll with those suggestions and the winning book will be our group read for the month. Thank you and i hope to hear from you all soon!! ^-^

message 2: by Autumn (new)

Autumn Higgins (the_memorykeeper) | 4 comments Sounds like you are busy! I am interested in reading Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn The Wettest County in the World A Novel Based on a True Story by Matt Bondurant

or anything scary/horror related since its October! ;)

message 3: by Cassandra (new)

Horror seems like the perfect genre for this month! I will look into some more books as well. This way I can put a poll up or something and hopefully get peoples' opinions. I will be sure to add your books to the poll ^-^

message 4: by Cassandra (new)

I have some ideas:
Three-Ted Dekker
Interview With The Vampire-Anne Rice
The Demon Plague- Joreid Mcfate
Lockdown-Alexander Gordon Smith
All Dark No Stars-Stephen King
Adam-Ted Dekker
Blindness-Jose Saramago

I would also be willing to read any stephen king or dean koontz books! ^-^

message 5: by Natasha (new)

Natasha (ahsatan82) I don't know much about horror/scary books. So I'm open to reading whatever is suggested. I'm familiar with and like Dean Koontz... that's about it lol

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica M. (Arwym) | 1 comments Perhaps some of HP Lovecraft's stories? Or another horror classic. I heard of a title recently, "The Turn of the Screw." Sounds interesting enough for me.

The Turn of the Screw

message 7: by Cassandra (new)

Those are good suggestions. Thank you. I hope that more people give some. I will be taking suggestions until Friday at 12am. Then I will be putting up a poll for the suggested books.

message 8: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Ridgeway How about something by Edgar Allan Poe?

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (Lwilson8899aolcom) | 10 comments Stephen King sounds great.