Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Ronda Thompson
This topic is about Ronda Thompson
Serieses! > Series Needs to be created. Please.

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marina (new)

Marina (marinal) | 69 comments Hi,

Can someone please create series for this author.The Wild Wulfs of London is one.You can use the following site as a resource http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/t/r... .Thank you so much.

Sincerely,
Marina

message 2: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments Unfortunately Marina, FantasticFiction gets most (if not all) of it's data from Amazon, thereby making it an unusable resource. If you have the books, or a non-bookseller link then just list them here and we'll create the series.

message 3: by Beth (new)

Beth (bethjustbeth) | 1586 comments I'm only finding one series for this author on the publisher/author website, and it's already been created. I believe the numbering is questionable, since two are anthologies that contain stories by the author, and three are novels, but here it is:

http://www.goodreads.com/series/40701...

message 4: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 318 comments I know we're not allowed to use Amazon for publication data, but we're not allowed to use it for SERIES data either? Really?

message 5: by Beth (new)

Beth (bethjustbeth) | 1586 comments We can't use it for ANY data.

message 6: by Marina (new)

Marina (marinal) | 69 comments Beth-Thanks for the link.Is there by any chance a way to get that series/link on the authors page http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/... ?
I have this happen before were there is a series list somewhere on the site but without knowing the link there is no way to find it.It is easier for me to go to the authors site and click the series and check the books in that series.I hope I am being clear about my original request.Thanks all.

message 7: by Amara (last edited Sep 24, 2012 06:20PM) (new)

Amara Tanith (aftanith) Marina wrote: "Thanks for the link.Is there by any chance a way to get that series/link on the authors page"

When the cache refreshes sometime within the next 24-48 hours, it will automatically appear on the author's page.

ETA: Ah, it appears there might be some other issue causing it not to appear on the author's page, per Beth's comment. Odd.

message 8: by Beth (new)

Beth (bethjustbeth) | 1586 comments That's out of the spectrum of librarian abilities/decisions. The series used to show on the authors' pages, but I've noticed recently that it's not there, anymore.

message 9: by Marina (new)

Marina (marinal) | 69 comments Beth-0.0
Weird.

message 10: by Beth (new)

Beth (bethjustbeth) | 1586 comments Just went back and checked some of my favorites, and can still see their series, so I'm not sure. I've just noticed in the past few days that there have been a few I couldn't see. Maybe it's a caching issue...

message 11: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44590 comments Mod
Beth wrote: "The series used to show on the authors' pages, but I've noticed recently that it's not there, anymore."

???

I forced a cache reset, and it is showing for this author. In general, it should show up for any author who is the primary author of both of the first two primary works of a series with 2-3 days.

message 12: by Beth (new)

Beth (bethjustbeth) | 1586 comments The ??? could have been the thought bubble hanging over my head. I just went back and looked, it appears the series was set up in 2010...so who the heck knows. I'm just glad it worked, and I'll try that on the next one I see!

message 13: by Marina (new)

Marina (marinal) | 69 comments =0)
Glad the issue was resolved.Thank you all!