A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5) A Dance with Dragons discussion

Who will sit on the throne at the end?

Comments (showing 1-39 of 39) (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jared what family do you think will have a member on the throne at the very end?? My thoughts are i would love if danny got it, that's my happy answer (well i would love it more if a stark got it but no)
anyway but it wouldn't surprise me to much if tommen keeps it.

Cathryn Ferrara It will be Jon and Danni somehow, I don't want it to be Danni but I think it will be, there is just too much invested in her and I have believed it would be Jon from Game of Thrones

Denice I think it will be Jon and Danni.

Luigi Jon and Dany. The ice and fire.

Jared The ice and fire!! got point

message 6: by Kat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kat Jon in the North, Dany in the South thats where its at people!!....looking at all the main contenders....yeah Dany should get it, with tyrion as the hand (just because he's awesome)

Kanyin Ogunrinde It will be Jon Dany and Aegon.. the dragon must have three heads!

Jeni Jon, Dany, and Tyrion

Joanna Its not Dani at all sure she's fire but its all about Jon...he's the son of RHAEGAR TARGARYEN AND LYANNA STARK...Thus fulfilling the prophesy which Rhaegar was obsessed with,and the dreams plaguing Ned stark about his sister and the promise he made to her before she died..

Danielle Ldez wrote: "Jon and Dany. The ice and fire."

omg I love it. I never thought of that.

message 11: by Buse (new) - added it

Buse Orakoğlu Jon and Dany. But I don't think there'll be a throne.

Marina Buse wrote: "Jon and Dany. But I don't think there'll be a throne."

Yes! I think it will be melted by dragon fire and Westeros will be 7 separate kingdoms once more.

As for Jon and Dany, as descendants of both old and new dynasties (my theory is that Jon is Robert's son) it could be pretty awesome, with two exceptions: Jon is a Night Watch's man and Daenerys I don't want anywhere near Westeros.

Samuel Medina Jon Snow... I suspect Jon is a Targaryen (sp?)

message 14: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim I love Jon and would be happy to see him sit the throne as a sane, compassionate ruler. I am not so keen on Dany. I just haven't warmed to her.

Charbel We can keep guessing, but Martin will be sure to surprise us. It could end up being Patchface or Hodor. Can you imagine either of them as king?

message 16: by Mark (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mark Gerlach Jon and Dany seems too good to actually happen. As things stand that seems very unlikely. But as we all know things can definitely change. I honestly do not know, though I really doubt it will be Stannis or Tommen.

message 17: by Marina (last edited Oct 04, 2012 11:49PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Marina Mark wrote: "I honestly do not know, though I really doubt it will be Stannis or Tommen.
"

I'd give up reading the next two books if I'd got to read in the spoilers later that Stannis won the Iron Throne in THE END.

ETA: meant in the nicest way possible, he's quite my favourite character in the series.

message 18: by Kat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kat I wonder if gendry could be a contender he is 'the heir' after all and he hasn't been killed off unlike all of Roberts other kids so he might become important...

Nermin i hope it'll be Jon, Daenerys and Aegon. Dragon has three head after all.

Marina Kat wrote: "I wonder if gendry could be a contender he is 'the heir' after all and he hasn't been killed off unlike all of Roberts other kids so he might become important..."

I've been thinking about him for a while now, especially for the part of Azor Ahai - he is, after all, a blacksmith armourer.

message 21: by Kat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kat Huh never saw him as a contender for azor azhai...but it's possible he could as a smith make lightbringer after all, he could figuratelvely be reborn , from being a nobody to realising he is a son of a king.. I just always wondered why he is in the story he could have died as soon as ned found out that Roberts children should have black hair etc....and yeah I think he will have a big story now :)

message 22: by Josh (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josh there are a few bastards don't forget. mya stone, edric storm, gendry waters, i think those are all the ones that are named excepting the child that was murdered in the brothel.

why mention them at all if they have no role to play in the story?

Charbel Kat wrote: "Huh never saw him as a contender for azor azhai...but it's possible he could as a smith make lightbringer after all, he could figuratelvely be reborn , from being a nobody to realising he is a son ..."

That makes a lot of sense, I agree he has a big role Though to sit the Iron Throne you'd need a more active part than that of Gendry, I mean we hardly know what's going on with him.

message 24: by Ryan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ryan Hard to find a cool new theory anymore, Gendry as Azor Azhai is pretty good, I didn't know that being an armourer had anything to do with Azor Azhai. But if that's true, I'm also remembering the prophecy saying he would be a prince right? Gendry fulfills that as well.

Marina Ryan wrote: "...I didn't know that being an armourer had anything to do with Azor Azhai"

The original Azor Ahai forged his own sword.

message 26: by Kat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kat if gendry doesn't have a big role in these books now I'm gonna be disappointed!!

Steven Hodor.

Annemarie Donahue Dani all alone.

Steven I love that you wrote Hodor!LOL

message 29: by Paulette (new)

Paulette Ldez wrote: "Jon and Dany. The ice and fire."

Oooo I like that, Ice and Fire... good pick up

message 30: by Paulette (last edited Oct 10, 2012 05:06AM) (new)

Paulette In that one chapter written from Melissandre's point of view, she kept seeing Jon whenever she asked for a glimpse of Azor Ahai which has added fuel to my theory that Jon is actually Rhaegar and Lyanna's son. Whats the bet that Melissandre finally figures out she's been betting on the wrong guy, heals Jon and attaches herself to him for the rest of the series... poor Jon.

Interesting how many people believe Jon will live.

It could be that Jon and Dany end up on the Throne but if my theory is correct they are aunt and nephew... ewww. (Actually, to be honest I have become desensitised to incest in this series, lets face it, its not the worst thing going on in Westeros...) Jon and Dany, bring it on.

message 31: by Paulette (new)

Paulette Narmin wrote: "i hope it'll be Jon, Daenerys and Aegon. Dragon has three head after all."

Dragon has three heads, good point

Yannis Rickon,for he is the prince that was promised.What?Too young?Not if you've read up until book 4,no.

message 33: by Ann (new) - added it

Ann Gimpel Gee, if the previous boooks are a harbinger, no one will since all the characters will be dead. Sorry, that was tongue in cheek. Seriously, I've never read a series where so many major characters got knocked off. Some of those characters would have been useful as the series has progressed.

Charbel Patchface. Wouldn't that be the perfect ending? I know, I know, oh, oh

William Mance Rayder for the win Lol

It'll be Daenerys and two other people we probably havent even met yet. Can't be Jon! Dude swore oaths!

Incitanemxx dany.
you know how cersei was terrified that maergary was the "new queen, more beautiful" than her (that prophecy)?? i think that'll be dany.. that is, if cersei doesn't die before dany arrives.

never thought about jon that way before. though i wonder whether he will marry dany or whether he will rule the north on his own and she the south?? or will they sit the throne together??

message 37: by Dave (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dave Anyone think that it may be possible that Mellisandre may be seeing Gendry in the fire but mistakingly took him for Jon Snow? Both have black hair and similer build although Gendry may be a little larger. I think that Gendry will make Lightbringer. But is it he or Jon as Azor Ahi

message 38: by Rica (new)

Rica I hope the iron throne is destroyed. Westeros isn't really good at being one Kingdom especially when every Lord can field his own army. It is too big. The only way they can keep from having another uprising is for the king to break the powerbase of the lords like Henry VII.

I may be the only one but please don't let Jon Snow be King. This just oozes Hidden Prince and Rightful King Returns tropes.

message 39: by Jill (new) - added it

Jill Robertson Paulette wrote: "In that one chapter written from Melissandre's point of view, she kept seeing Jon whenever she asked for a glimpse of Azor Ahai which has added fuel to my theory that Jon is actually Rhaegar and Ly..."

Jon is Lyanna's son - I like this! It makes sense because Eddard was always so moral and loyal, it didn't make sense that he would be unfaithful to his wife...but then, Jon doesn't have any Targaryan characteristics...
I'd like to say Rickon will come back into it and take the throne, but his life has been pretty shit so far and his chances of being entirely sane are kinda limited.
Bran getting stuck to the weirwood has got to have some sort of bearing on who will rule - so maybe Jon?
Maybe Sansa will marry Aegon?