YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

ARCHIVES > The Universal Language of Music....

Comments (showing 1-50 of 67) (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sarah (last edited Sep 23, 2012 08:23PM) (new)

Sarah NightOwl (SarahNightOwl) Singers you like?
Bands you like?
Samples of their songs?
Share with us?

Feel free to put more than one singer, or more than one band, or more than one song by each artist or band!

Feel free to introduce a little about the singer(s), band(s), or song(s)! Or not, if you don't want to!

Feel free to post songs of different language because diversity is really cool!

And feel free to not answer all the questions above!

Would anyone like to be the first?

message 2: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1493 comments Okay, but this will give away my age! Lord help me!

I love the Beatles from way back when! When I was only 13 years old, they came to America and it became Beatlemania, and I was definitely part of it! My two favorites were Ringo and George.

I know they don't need an introduction, but here are a couple of my favorites:

"I Want to Hold Your Hand"
I want to hold your hand

Oh yeah, I'll tell you something,
I think you'll understand.
When I'll say that something
I want to hold your hand,
I want to hold your hand.

Oh please, say to me
You'll let me be your man
And please, say to me
You'll let me hold your hand.
Now let me hold your hand,

And when I touch you I feel happy inside.
It's such a feeling that my love
I can't hide, I can't hide, I can't hide.

Yeah, you've got that something,
When I'll say that something

And when I touch you I feel happy inside.
It's such a feeling that my love
I can't hide, I can't hide, I can't hide.

Yeh, you've got that something,
When I'll feel that something
I want to hold your hand

"If I Fell"

If I fell

If I fell in love with you
Would you promise to be true
And help me understand
‘cause I’ve been in love before
And I found that love was more
Than just holding hands

If I give my heart to you
I must be sure
From the very start
That you would love me more than her

If I trust in you oh please
Don’t run and hide
If I love you too oh please
Don’t hurt my pride like her
‘cause I couldn’t stand the pain
And I would be sad if our new love was in vain

So I hope you see that I
Would love to love you
And that she will cry
When she learns we are two

If I fell in love with you

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah NightOwl (SarahNightOwl) Vicki wrote: "Okay, but this will give away my age! Lord help me!

I love the Beatles from way back when! When I was only 13 years old, they came to America and it became Beatlemania, and I was definitely part o..."

Oh, you didn't have to write out the whole lyrics, you could just find the video of that song...lol Thank you though!

message 4: by Angel / YA rules!/ (last edited Sep 23, 2012 07:03PM) (new)

Angel / YA rules!/ | 957 comments Vicki wrote: "Okay, but this will give away my age! Lord help me!

I love the Beatles from way back when! When I was only 13 years old, they came to America and it became Beatlemania, and I was definitely part o..."

I love the Beatles!!! Have you seen Across the Universe? I love how they incorporated the songs in the movie. I love most of their songs, but If I Fell, Across the Universe, While my guitar gently weeps are in my play list. =)

message 5: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2460 comments I LOVE ONE DIRECTION!!!!

message 6: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1493 comments Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Okay, but this will give away my age! Lord help me!

I love the Beatles from way back when! When I was only 13 years old, they came to America and it became Beatlemania, and I was def..."

I haven't seen that, no. But I did see Rain, which dresses like and looks like the Beatles and plays their music. They are SO good!

message 7: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1493 comments Sarah wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Okay, but this will give away my age! Lord help me!

I love the Beatles from way back when! When I was only 13 years old, they came to America and it became Beatlemania, and I was def..."

Hey, don't beat me up! I was the first one to jump in there. And it was ONLY copy and paste! Now that I think of it, is it illegal to post the lyrics here? LOL

message 8: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2460 comments It's ok, we can post lyrics here!
So we can also sing-along with you! LOL!
[image error]

message 9: by Novel (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2891 comments I enjoy the Vitamin String Quartet tribute albums...they're awesome. They covered a lot of artists already like Jason Mraz, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Coldplay, Nirvana, Adele etc...

message 10: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2460 comments I love One Direction, FM Static, Faber Drive, Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez. ;)

Angel / YA rules!/ | 957 comments Vicki wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Okay, but this will give away my age! Lord help me!

I love the Beatles from way back when! When I was only 13 years old, they came to America and it became..."

I haven't seen that. I envy you, you got to be part of that. I saw several Beatles movies. It was crazy. I was only 5 months old when John Lennon died... =( Needless to say, I wasn't even born yet when they came to the Philippines.

message 12: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1493 comments Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Okay, but this will give away my age! Lord help me!

I love the Beatles from way back when! When I was only 13 years old, they came to America..."

Are you in the Philippines?

You are just a baby...I'm an old hag, but a good ol' hag! LOL

message 13: by Angel / YA rules!/ (last edited Sep 24, 2012 07:41PM) (new)

Angel / YA rules!/ | 957 comments Vicki wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Okay, but this will give away my age! Lord help me!

I love the Beatles from way back when! When I was only 13 year..."

Yes I am. I consider myself a hermit(not the religious kind)... hehe. I've always been an old soul. So, while my classmates were listening to the current music. I was listening to the Carpenters, Beatles, Bee Gees, Beach Boys and the like... =D

message 14: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1493 comments Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Okay, but this will give away my age! Lord help me!

I love the Beatles from way back when! When I wa..."

LOL That's ALL really cool! I've had several very close friends from the Philippines.

I saw Rain in Reno, NV. If you ever get a chance, GO!

Angel / YA rules!/ | 957 comments Vicki wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Okay, but this will give away my age! Lord help me!

I love the Beatles fr..."

I'm not sure if I'll have another chance to go to the US. But, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks! =)

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah NightOwl (SarahNightOwl) Vicki wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Okay, but this will give away my age! Lord help me!

I love the Beatles from way back when! When I was only 13 years old, they came to America and it became Beatlemania,..."

I was only surprised that you did, I wasn't saying that you absolutely can't post the lyrics! I just said, you did not have to go through all that trouble...I was not trying to beat you up about anything....

message 17: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1493 comments Sarah wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Okay, but this will give away my age! Lord help me!

I love the Beatles from way back when! When I was only 13 years old, they came to America and it becam..."

I know. I'm just messing with you...I am a teaser! Learned it from my father. :o)

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah NightOwl (SarahNightOwl) Vicki wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Okay, but this will give away my age! Lord help me!

I love the Beatles from way back when! When I was only 13 years old, they came to Americ..."

Okay then! I really like The Beatles' song "Blackbird", it a really great song! My least favorite would have to be Yellow Submarine, sorry if someone likes this song!

Oh! And here's something else I like! It's not exactly a song, but it's cool and funny...just watch it...you will know what I mean!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmChuG...

message 19: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1493 comments Sarah wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Okay, but this will give away my age! Lord help me!

I love the Beatles from way back when! When I was only 13 years old, they ..."

That was cute.

Angel / YA rules!/ | 957 comments Sarah wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Okay, but this will give away my age! Lord help me!

I love the Beatles from way back when! When I was only 13 years old, they ..."

I like Yellow Submarine. It's my picker upper song... =)

Angel / YA rules!/ | 957 comments What songs lift your mood? I have several on my playlist. For some reason C'mon Eileen and Walking on Sunshine does that for me.

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah NightOwl (SarahNightOwl) Even though this is talking about marriage, it never fails to cheer me up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlv1rd...

message 23: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1493 comments I Feel Like a Woman!!! Always makes me get up & move t
o the groove! Lol

message 24: by Angel / YA rules!/ (last edited Sep 27, 2012 07:09PM) (new)

Angel / YA rules!/ | 957 comments Sarah wrote: "Even though this is talking about marriage, it never fails to cheer me up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlv1rd..."

hey, if it cheers you up it doesn't matter. have you listened to the lyrics of C'mon Eileen? it sounds like a lesbian singing to a girl to take her clothes off. But, i like the beat. =)

Angel / YA rules!/ | 957 comments Vicki wrote: "I Feel Like a Woman!!! Always makes me get up & move t
o the groove! Lol"

Is this from Shania Twain? I like her songs. =)

message 26: by Angel / YA rules!/ (last edited Sep 27, 2012 07:14PM) (new)

Angel / YA rules!/ | 957 comments Sometimes, when I'm in a really bad mood I like songs where the singers tend to shout. I like Prisoners of Society by the Living End. Or songs by Linkin Park and Nirvana. This also helps me when I run out of energy. =) I keep thinking I can come up with a soundtrack for my life. What would be yours?

message 27: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1493 comments Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Vicki wrote: "I Feel Like a Woman!!! Always makes me get up & move t
o the groove! Lol"

Is this from Shania Twain? I like her songs. =)"

Yes & it's one of my favorites!

message 28: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1493 comments My truly favorite uplifting songs are Christian

message 29: by Angel / YA rules!/ (last edited Sep 27, 2012 07:48PM) (new)

Angel / YA rules!/ | 957 comments Vicki wrote: "My truly favorite uplifting songs are Christian"

I enjoy their songs. =) Very uplifting indeed.

message 30: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimmylam88) | 511 comments When I'm in a bad mood I tend to listen more instrumental songs especially violin kind.
And this is one of my all time favorite violinist, David Garrett!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70EvLq...

message 31: by Greta (new)

Greta (GoodreadsGreta) | 4573 comments Right now I'm listening to a lot of Regina Spektor. My husband calls it vag rock, me and my one year old daughter really like it... Lol

Angel / YA rules!/ | 957 comments Greta wrote: "Right now I'm listening to a lot of Regina Spektor. My husband calls it vag rock, me and my one year old daughter really like it... Lol"

I love Regina Spektor... =) I can tell your daughter already has great taste in music... I used to play Philippine rock to lull my son to sleep... =)

message 33: by Greta (new)

Greta (GoodreadsGreta) | 4573 comments Thanks Angel :) I find it really funny when my 3 year old son tries singing along!
Anyone listened to the new Taylor Swift album, Red? Is it good?

message 34: by Angel / YA rules!/ (last edited Nov 06, 2012 04:04PM) (new)

Angel / YA rules!/ | 957 comments Greta wrote: "Thanks Angel :) I find it really funny when my 3 year old son tries singing along!
Anyone listened to the new Taylor Swift album, Red? Is it good?"

it is funny and cute... i have to find time to listen to that... i like her songs... =)

message 35: by Greta (new)

Greta (GoodreadsGreta) | 4573 comments Omg! I just finally watched Gangnam Style video! I am in love with it! Hahaha

Angel / YA rules!/ | 957 comments Greta wrote: "Omg! I just finally watched Gangnam Style video! I am in love with it! Hahaha"

waahh, I haven't seen it... my son loves the song and been dancing it ... =)

message 37: by Gerry (new)

Gerry (Vapaw) | 20 comments I love kpop! My favorite groups are: Big Bang, Girls Generation, Wonder Girls, Sistar, etc. My favorite artist are: Ailee, Se7en, etc.
My favorite American band is Evanescence! :D

message 38: by Novel (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2891 comments Vapaw wrote: "I love kpop! My favorite groups are: Big Bang, Girls Generation, Wonder Girls, Sistar, etc. My favorite artist are: Ailee, Se7en, etc.
My favorite American band is Evanescence! :D"

I love Bigbang! My sister is also a huge fan, she spent lots of money to watch their concert in the Philippines. LOL! I also like 2ne1, I watched their concert in the Philippines last year.

message 39: by Gerry (new)

Gerry (Vapaw) | 20 comments Novel wrote: "Vapaw wrote: "I love kpop! My favorite groups are: Big Bang, Girls Generation, Wonder Girls, Sistar, etc. My favorite artist are: Ailee, Se7en, etc.
My favorite American band is Evanescence! :D"

..."

Wow! It'll be nice to go any kpop concert for me, but I don't know if I'm willing to spend big bucks for just a concert. My cousin recently went to a Big Bang concert in California. I know she had lots of fun! And yeah, I like 2ne1 too.

message 40: by Novel (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2891 comments Vapaw wrote: "Novel wrote: "Vapaw wrote: "I love kpop! My favorite groups are: Big Bang, Girls Generation, Wonder Girls, Sistar, etc. My favorite artist are: Ailee, Se7en, etc.
My favorite American band is Evan..."

it's really fun! the crowd is wild. I bet the Cali concert was expensive. My sister saved up for the Bigbang concert, her seat is on the front.

message 41: by Kyra (new)

Kyra Florence & The Machine is defenitely my favorite band. She's kind of magical.

What the water gave me. The lyrics are just beautiful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ4eMS...
Drumming Song,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAYbVk...

message 42: by Greta (new)

Greta (GoodreadsGreta) | 4573 comments Kyra wrote: "Florence & The Machine is defenitely my favorite band. She's kind of magical.

What the water gave me. The lyrics are just beautiful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ4eMS...
Drumming Song,
http:..."

I love her too! I wanted to go to a concert this past September, but no one wanted to go with me :(
Have you ever watched any interviews of her... For such a powerful singer she's really soft spoken.

message 43: by Kyra (new)

Kyra Greta wrote: "Kyra wrote: "Florence & The Machine is defenitely my favorite band. She's kind of magical.

Drummin..."

I have watched interviews of Florence. It's amazing how she just had a fantastic performance, and then (What the water gave me) just says 'thank you' at the end, with a really sweet voice. I don't think anyone would go with me too. Everyone around me is crazy about One Direction, Justin Bieber, or just doesn't appreciate her music.

message 44: by Sarah (new)

Sarah NightOwl (SarahNightOwl) I have a prompt, try to find a song that matches your personality! You could do it any way you like, either by genre, the lyrics, the melody, or the feel or mood of a song.

message 45: by Greta (new)

Greta (GoodreadsGreta) | 4573 comments ^Well... I think my mood today is very Vampire Weekend. .."Horchata" today. How bout you?

message 46: by Gerry (new)

Gerry (Vapaw) | 20 comments Novel wrote: "Vapaw wrote: "Novel wrote: "Vapaw wrote: "I love kpop! My favorite groups are: Big Bang, Girls Generation, Wonder Girls, Sistar, etc. My favorite artist are: Ailee, Se7en, etc.
My favorite America..."

ON the front! Haha. Lucky her. I bet she was crazy happy. :D

message 47: by Sarah (last edited Nov 21, 2012 04:26PM) (new)

Sarah NightOwl (SarahNightOwl) Greta wrote: "^Well... I think my mood today is very Vampire Weekend. .."Horchata" today. How bout you?"

The song Sharada describes me, I think! According to my close friends, and I can't argue because I kind of agree too! Just slightly, I don't know! I can see why they would think that the song describes me.

Here's the link to the song, have a listen!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ACkQXpCjupQ

message 48: by Greta (new)

Greta (GoodreadsGreta) | 4573 comments its cute! my one year old daughter started dancing to it ... lol :)
any Phoenix fans?

message 49: by Greta (new)

Greta (GoodreadsGreta) | 4573 comments I feel like whining... I need new music suggestions.

message 50: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 93 comments I love One Direction!!! :D and other of my favourite music artists are Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Demi Lovato :)

« previous 1