Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Chico Buarque
This topic is about Chico Buarque
Book Issues > Three entries for the same author

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Frank (new)

Frank (Frankss) | 42 comments The full name of popular Brazilian musician and writer Chico Buarque is Chico Buarque De Hollanda. There's one entry under that last name. But now I also found a Dutch translation of Leite Derramado with a wrong spelling of the author on the cover: Chico Buarque de Holanda.

Is there any possibility to combine these authors under one, or maybe two profiles, without simply changing the name entry?

message 2: by Violetta (last edited Sep 23, 2012 01:17PM) (new)

Violetta | 479 comments Yes, we can edit the author pages themselves instead of the works in order to do this. I think Chico Buarque will be the edition that we keep, since it has the most author information as well as the most works accredited.

UPDATE: All works should be under Chico Buarque now.

message 3: by Frank (last edited Sep 23, 2012 02:14PM) (new)

Frank (Frankss) | 42 comments Okay. But that's exactly not what I wanted to happen. Now, the entries for both De Holanda and De Hollanda have disappeared and so if someone wants to find these books according to the spelling of the author on the cover, they can't find them.

Any other solutions?

message 4: by Frank (new)

Frank (Frankss) | 42 comments Ah, found it myself in the Librarian Manual:
"When editing or adding information for a book written by an author with multiple names, enter the author's name as on the front cover as the primary author. The author's other names may be added in the other author fields. Original name or other pen names can added and linked via a Librarian Note: in the description field, or using the Librarian Note feature located above the Title field"

message 5: by Beth (new)

Beth (BethJustBeth) | 1586 comments Amazing what you find in the manual.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Leite Derramado (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Chico Buarque (other topics)