Anne of Avonlea (Anne of Green Gables, #2) Anne of Avonlea discussion

Who would you most want to adopt?

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Fia-Sophia paul or davy

Lady Dorota Probably Paul.

Rosalba Paul! without a doubt! although maybe Dora too because I feel sorry for her, she is so left out of everything and rejected just because she's a good, simple girl. I believe there was much more to Dora than what we read.

message 4: by Klara (last edited Sep 24, 2012 06:05AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Klara All three of them!!!!!!!!!!

Ragnheiður Dora...being well behaved and doing your chores does not make you one dimentional and boring. I also believe there was much more to Dora.

Mitali Paul. Dora would do too. But not Davy! He's a cute and entertaining fictional character, but I'd hate to have to live with such a child in the house in real life.

Michaela I must vote for Davy, I love him!

Ladysw (Sara) Paul. But you have to earn Davy's love, so you might end up loving him more. But there's nothing wrong with the Paul's of the world.
I agree about Dory. She might be boring, but there are people like that. How would we recognize interesting people if everyone if it weren't for the boring people. Like Wilkie Collins said in The Woman in White: "Some of us Rush through life. Some of us saunter through life. Mrs. Vesey sat through life."

Leyah lol

Hayden Sage Davy!

Sarah All three!!!

Niranjanah All three...each is beautiful in different ways.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Paul. He's just so sweet and easy to get along with.

Eliza You want me to choose just one?! Inconceivable!

message 15: by Dust (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dust Eliza wrote: "You want me to choose just one?! Inconceivable!"

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

As for who I would adopt? Oh, gosh, I could never choose. Partially because a thirteen year old adopting a kid would be so weired... And I really love them all!

message 16: by Gerd (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gerd Dora!

“But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.”

― George Eliot, Middlemarch

Charlotte Davy-the only one I truly like. Dora is a bit of a bore, and Paul is just...Paul- a boy version of Anne. Davy is the most fun of all. In the beggining of Anne of the Island, I laughed to the point of tears in the passage where he was crying because he didn´t see Dora falling down the cellar steps!
Davy, definetly. Besides, he can be adorable with Anne.

Fantastical Geek (Atarashii Sekai) Davy is awesome. I love Paul, but I'd prefer to work to earn his love, like Ladysw said.