Virtual Writers discussion

Author Services > Proofreaders

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Virtual (new)

Virtual | 435 comments Mod
If you are a proofreader, or if you are seeking one, please post here.

message 2: by L.A. (new)

L.A. Taylor (mrwriterman) | 3 comments Hello, I am a proofreader/author, looking for some proofreading work. I've written 2 novels to date. My first novel - CLIFTON FALLS - is out now on amazon kindle, with my second novel - BEDBUGS (Can you see them?) Due for release in October 2012.
I have a website - www.morgueofthedead.webs.com - If you want to check me out.
Get back to me.....
Lee

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (heidiangell) | 26 comments Hello all,

I am more than happy to provide proof-reading services, quid-pro-quo! I am happy to exchange services for editing, proof-reading, marketing or promotional services. Let me know what you've got going on and we'll see what we can exchange!

message 4: by Lisa Marie (new)

Lisa Marie Main (Lisa_Marie53) | 4 comments I have one published but am working on the second in the series, I am very unhappy with who I used to self publish and really need some help and guidance in my second book. how does this work, do we just do for each other's as professionals or are we charged for proofreading services? I don't mind helping at all, I just need to know what the specific's are..Thx, Lisa Marie Main, lisa_main53@yahoo.com

message 5: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 3 comments Andrea wrote: "If you are a proofreader, or if you are seeking one, please post here."

I will be more available to help out with proofreading in the New Year once things settle down with classes.

message 6: by Debra (last edited Sep 24, 2012 11:05AM) (new)

Debra Brown (debrabrown) | 41 comments Heidi wrote: "Hello all,

I am more than happy to provide proof-reading services, quid-pro-quo! I am happy to exchange services for editing, proof-reading, marketing or promotional services. Let me know what you..."

Hello Heidi,

I have a tight niche of British historical with any subgenre except erotica, but have great marketing help available if you are in that genre. Would love to trade for proofing.

Just checked your books, and Prince Vince might suit! I don't know if you are looking for marketing for that book or not. I will message you more about what I have going.

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Murray (nicole_murray) | 3 comments Lisa Marie wrote: "I have one published but am working on the second in the series, I am very unhappy with who I used to self publish and really need some help and guidance in my second book. how does this work, do w..."

Have you looked into create space through amazon self publishing services.

message 8: by Chris (new)

Chris Ward (chriswardfictionwriter) I do proofreading if anyone is interested.

Here's the details -

http://beautifulproofreading.blogspot...

I still have a couple of cheap slots left but due to my commitments with my own writing I'm pretty selective over which books I take on. For example, if your manuscript has an error on almost every page then what you want is an editor, not a proofreader. Before you even consider proofreading, your manuscript should be as clean as you can possibly make it.

message 9: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Hatfield (goodreadscommelaniehatfield) | 12 comments I used Veronkia Walker's InkWork Services to proofread my debut novel and I was very happy with the results. Here's a link to her Facebook page if anyone is interested: https://www.facebook.com/inkworkservices

message 10: by Christy (new)

Christy My husband needs a proofread of his first book, Mind Ambition, and is willing to exchange services. Please let me know if your interested or just email him directly at stephen.whaley@gmail.com.

http://www.amazon.com/Mind-Ambition-e...

message 11: by Kerry (new)

Kerry Taylor (KerryT2012) | 56 comments Hi, I have written a biography that will appeal to all and has had great reviews to date - Bingo: One Woman's Journey Through Life, would love it to be proof read with my blog and description of the book:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009BK18RY

message 12: by Soo (last edited Apr 12, 2013 11:02PM) (new)

Soo (silverlyn) Silk Screen Views is offering editing services for those who need a keen eye to help polish a manuscript. Our staff has a large pool of experience to share with potential clients. Please check out the website for more information.

http://silkscreenviews.wordpress.com/...

Silk Screen Views
http://silkscreenviews.wordpress.com
A site run by adventurous book lovers that are happy to share their thoughts and discoveries on books, authors and more with other adventurers.

Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader) (theeveryfreechancereader) | 7 comments I offer proofreading, editing, and critique services. Check out EFC Services at http://everyfreechance.com/efc-services

My rates are reasonable and competitive.

message 14: by D (new)

D Thomas (mammy4423) | 5 comments I am looking to get some experience in proofreading. I would eventually like to make a small income proofreading, but I know it is hard to get into it.

I am most comfortable with paranormal romance and contemporary romance.

I am just learning to use word for proofing and I haven't even tried working with pdf's yet.

I would ask that if anyone is willing to let me proofread, that they give me at least two to three weeks for a deadline.

I thank you in advance if you are willing to help me.

Deb T

message 15: by Clarissa (new)

Clarissa (clarissacowles) I would love to proof your book.

message 16: by Nate (new)

Nate Hendley (natehendley) | 1 comments My name is Nate Hendley and I am a Toronto-based author and freelance writer/proofreader. For information on my books and professional background, please visit my website at www.natehendley.com

I proofread both fiction + non-fiction--manuscripts, documents, websites, brochures, etc. I charge reasonable rates. If interested, contact me at nhendley@sympatico.ca

Thank you,

Nate Hendley
Toronto, ON

message 17: by J.B. (new)

J.B. Miller (jbrandymiller) | 2 comments HI, I am desperately looking for a kind soul to proof read my book for me. I am extremely poor at the moment so i can not afford one.
Three kids one wage... life sucks when it comes to extra money!
The book is Dianthe Rising. It is a paranormal menage Erotic. word count is just over 69300. If you can help i will love you forever! and willing to pay for it once i have a little extra money!
Thank you !
J.B. Miller

message 18: by D (new)

D Thomas (mammy4423) | 5 comments J.B. wrote: "HI, I am desperately looking for a kind soul to proof read my book for me. I am extremely poor at the moment so i can not afford one.
Three kids one wage... life sucks when it comes to extra money..."

Hi J.B., My name is Deb and would be happy to proofread your book.

If interested, my email is: mammy4423@yahoo.com

D

message 19: by Loretto (new)

Loretto Leary | 1 comments This trading of proof reading services is a great idea. If we could combine it with reviews also posted on Goodreads and Amazon.com that would be great.

I am happy to trade proof reading/editing services with anyone who wants to do the same for my work. Then I will post review of the books I read on Goodreads and Amazon.com as well.

Please contact me through my website Lorettoleary.com if you are interested. Thanks.

message 20: by Charleen (new)

Charleen (morriganalexandros) | 6 comments CEMA Publishing offers many services that may be of interest to authors. We offer proofreading services. The info is below:

www.cemapublishing.com
cmerced@cemapublishing.com

Wordsworthreading Ltd (writers_mentoring) | 1 comments Words Worth Reading Ltd are an Essex based company who offer a variety of services to writers including manuscript proofreading, ghost writing, publisher packs and mentoring by experienced published authors.

message 22: by S.L. (new)

S.L. (sabby34) Hey Everyone,

I'm looking for help. The book is complete, and I have gone through editing but as we all know editing your own work you are bound to miss big and small mistakes. I am planning in the new year to pitch this story to agents.

This will fall in the category of New Adult.
Word - 78,000
Genre - Supernatural Romance

Looking for proof readers for this story. It was my NANOWRIMO story and the next one I want to pitch to agents of this genre.
Would appreciate all the help I can get to polish it up any advice as well THANKS SO MUCH

Synopsis:

The back story is in L.A where Lauren and her boyfriend lived. Then there is a tragic accident Matt dies and Lauren is unable to live in their apartment any longer. She moves home to Portland Oregon where the story takes place. She can’t move on, everything reminds her of him. Months after his death she moves home, but things don’t get better. Now she’s seeing Matt’s ghost and thinks she is losing her mind. He appears at random times mostly when she is alone. She can’t help but sense that Matt is trying to tell her something. Just when she thinks everything is starting to look up and she is having fun with old friends and meeting new ones She meets a guy. Mason Foster, the millionaire bachelor with a bad reputation. Everyone knows Mason and his one night stands after one night stands. It’s secret that is unique baby blues steal the hearts of every woman in town. However, Lauren finds him rude and uncouth and it’s obvious he cares only for himself. Until his eyes fall upon Lauren, the girl from his childhood. As Lauren discovers that Mason grabs her attention, despite all his best efforts. Lauren loves to hate Mason and vice versa. But a new boy comes to town, Mason’s older brother from Seattle. Turns out he is a lot easier to get alone with and also easy on the eyes. Nick doesn’t hide that he adores her leaving Lauren torn.

Who will she end up with?

Read and see!

Thanks again. Please reply to this thread or inbox me if you are interested. It will be in Adobe format.

Sabrina

message 23: by Kari (last edited Feb 01, 2014 09:27PM) (new)

Kari (karisreads) Hello! I would like to copy-edit or proofread the manuscripts of two writers for free in February. I have been copy-editing and proofreading for newspapers since the early 1990s, and I am trying to gain experience in editing books. All I ask in return for this free service is a testimonial for my Web site if you are happy with my work.

Genres for which I would be especially suited include historical fiction, historical fantasy, contemporary fiction, young adult, nature and animals, religion and spirituality, gardening, genealogy, and history. For this free service, I would prefer manuscripts of 50,000 words or fewer.

Please feel free to contact me at krhelton @ outlook.com (no spaces) and let me know what your needs are. Including a sample file of up to 1,000 words that I can edit and send back to you will help you determine if I would be a good fit for your needs.

I look forward to hearing from you!

message 24: by S.L. (new)

S.L. (sabby34) Kari wrote: "Hello! I would like to copy-edit or proofread the manuscripts of two writers for free in February. I have been copy-editing and proofreading for newspapers since the early 1990s, and I am trying to..."
I'll take you up on the free offer. :) My blurb is directly above yours if you are interested just email me and I can send it over.

message 25: by Kari (new)

Kari (karisreads) S.L. wrote: "Kari wrote: "Hello! I would like to copy-edit or proofread the manuscripts of two writers for free in February. I have been copy-editing and proofreading for newspapers since the early 1990s, and I..."

S.L., I would be thrilled to proofread your supernatural romance. I will send you a message right now.

message 26: by Mike (new)

Mike Sager | 2 comments Kari wrote: "Hello! I would like to copy-edit or proofread the manuscripts of two writers for free in February. I have been copy-editing and proofreading for newspapers since the early 1990s, and I am trying to..."
hey, let's talk!
Mike Sager, The Sager Group LLC
www.TheSagerGroup.Net
best, mike
www.MikeSager.com

message 27: by Mike (new)

Mike Sager | 2 comments can you eamil me? info@mikesager.com. little less clunky.

message 28: by Kari (new)

Kari (karisreads) Mike wrote: "hey, let's talk!"

Fantastic, Mike! I am sending you a message via Goodreads now.

message 29: by Kari (new)

Kari (karisreads) Mike wrote: "can you eamil me? info@mikesager.com. little less clunky."

Will do!

message 30: by Kari (new)

Kari (karisreads) And just to let anyone who is interested in the free copy-editing or proofreading work know, I have one spot available for February. Feel free to contact me at krhelton @ outlook.com if you are interested.

message 31: by Bibi (new)

Bibi Paterson | 1 comments Hi

I am looking for someone to proofread/critique two books which form the the start of my contemporary provocative romance series. The first book, which is currently available online retailers including Amazon, was proofread several times but I have had comments about mistakes and I need a fresh pair of eyes. I am just finishing the second book and need help checking consistency of storyline, repetition and general proofing.

I am more than happy to swap services!

Thirty Days Have SeptemberHere is the link to my current book. If you would be interested please drop me an email at author.bibipaterson@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance :-)

message 32: by Emma (new)

Emma Meade (emmameade) | 2 comments Hello. I'm a writer who has enjoyed beta reading for authors for a couple of years now.

Later this year, I'm going to offer content editing and proofreading for a fee, but first, to gain more experience, I'd like to offer my services free for a short time.

If you are interested in having me read through your work, send an email to emmameadewrites@gmail.com that includes a Microsoft Word doc with the first ten pages of your manuscript and specify if you want a Content Edit or simple Proofread. I will read and edit those first ten pages to see if we would be a good fit. I will use Word's "Insert Comment" feature, leaving comments in the right hand margin as well as providing you with a list of notes.

If you're happy to proceed after that, I will read your entire manuscript.

In your initial cover email please include: the title of your book, author name, blurb/short description, genre and word count (Please note I am not accepting any manuscripts over 60,000 words at present). If there is anything in particular you want me to pay attention to or look out for, let me know.

Genres I am interested in editing:
Paranormal Romance
Urban Fantasy
Contemporary Romance
YA
New Adult
Light Erotica

Emma Meade
emmameadewrites@gmail.com
If you're ready for that fresh pair of eyes from someone who doesn't know you or your work, I'm available. :)

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

I want to make a career out of proofreading, mainly aimed at authors. I am currently undertaking a proofreading course via The Publishing Training Centre to better myself, and I am in the process of setting up my own website. I will offer discounted rates during my first three months in order to get some experience under my belt. I have a very keen eye for detail, and I am quick to spot any spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors. So if you are an author looking for a proofreader, please get in touch either via Goodreads, or send an email to nickynoo1931@hotmail.co.uk. I am confident that if you choose my services, you won't be disappointed.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

S.L. wrote: "Hey Everyone,

I'm looking for help. The book is complete, and I have gone through editing but as we all know editing your own work you are bound to miss big and small mistakes. I am planning in t..."

I am new to Goodreads and whilst browsing the site I came across your message (dated 14/12/13) looking for a proofreader. I want to make a career as a proofreader and have recently commenced a proofreading course via The Publishing Training Centre to better myself, and I am in the process of setting up my own website. I am offering discounted rates during my first three months in order to get some experience under my belt. So, if you are still seeking this service, I would be happy to help you. If you are interested I can be contacted on here or why not send me an email at nickynoo1931@hotmaill.co.uk.

Kind regards

Nicola

message 35: by Emma (new)

Emma Meade (emmameade) | 2 comments Hi,

I'm currently closed to new projects.
I've had a great response and am booked up for weeks.

I'll post at a later stage when I reopen for new projects.

Thanks,
Emma

message 36: by S.L. (new)

S.L. (sabby34) thanks for the offers Kari has taken my novel on and has been wonderful with editing. I am good for proofreaders :)

message 37: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 26, 2014 10:22AM) (new)

Following a busy few weeks, I am now available to any authors out there in need of a proofreader. You can find testimonials on my website
nicolarhead.wix.com/editingservices
and reviews for my services can be found on
findaproofreader.com
Please get in touch if I can help
Nicola :-)

message 38: by Neil (new)

Neil McFarlane (neilroymcfarlane) Hi all

Further to my post above, I'm now available to proofread complete books. Have a look at my own books (use the "look inside" feature on Amazon) to check out the standard of my work. I will proofread your books to the same standard. I have many years' experience as a freelance proofreader, working mainly on academic texts, fiction and film subtitles.

If interested, contact me and I'll send you my email address, then you can send me a few sample pages and I'll get straight back to you with a quote.

Regards

Neil

Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader) (theeveryfreechancereader) | 7 comments EFC Services, LLC offers editing and proofreading services for the literary, academic, business, and legal communities. Our rates are reasonable and competitive. Please visit us at http://efcservicesllc.com/.

message 40: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Stuart | 1 comments I'm looking for a proofreader for a manuscript (80K words, fiction).
Available asap.
Please advise rates and turnaround time.

Regards

Hermione

message 41: by Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader) (last edited Nov 05, 2014 06:40AM) (new)

Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader) (theeveryfreechancereader) | 7 comments You can check out my rates and turnaround time on my website. http://efcservicesllc.com/?page_id=13

Feel free to email me for more information. everyfreechance@gmail.com

Chrissy

Kathryn wrote: "Hello there!

I'm a proofreader in the process of expanding my resume. I'd like to proofread a chapter of anything you're writing at no charge. Materials should be no shorter than five pages and no..."

message 42: by Ciprian Alex Sky (new)

Ciprian Alex Sky (alicip) | 1 comments Hi everyone. I am looking for someone who could kindly proofread free of charge 4 pages of fiction (written in English). Thank you very much for your time. Email: english.roma@yahoo.it

message 43: by Blue (new)

Blue (bookishblueuk) | 3 comments Hi All,

We currently have space on our list for some new authors to help and we'd love to be able to help you. We offer critiquing of your manuscript, proofreading and copy-editing services for affordable prices. Your manuscript will be handled professionally by qualified editors and at least two editors will be there to work with you on your novel.

If you wish to get a sample edit of your work, we can help with that.

For more information, check out our website;
www.fayerogers.co.uk

Or if you have any other questions, you can contact me at faye@fayerogers.co.uk

message 44: by Emmanuel (new)

Emmanuel Nataf | 3 comments Hey guys!

Here's a quick message to present you Reedsy! We are building a community of top publishing professionals (editors, illustrators and soon marketers) to work with authors: https://reedsy.com/

Reedsy is very curated: so far, 300 amazing publishing professionals selected among 6,000 applications. They are coming from the best publishing houses with hundreds of bestsellers in their portfolios. Here are some of them:

Editors:
Jane Friedman: https://reedsy.com/jane-friedman
Rebecca Heyman: https://reedsy.com/rebecca-heyman
Kiele Raymond: https://reedsy.com/kiele-raymond
Averill Buchanan: https://reedsy.com/averill-buchanan
Tom Flood: https://reedsy.com/tom-flood
Richard Sheehan: https://reedsy.com/richard-sheehan
John Hudspith: https://reedsy.com/john-hudspith
Dominick Montalto: https://reedsy.com/dominick-montalto
Harrison Demchick: https://reedsy.com/harrison-demchick

Designers:
Emma Graves: https://reedsy.com/emma-graves
Mark Karis: https://reedsy.com/mark-karis
Kerri Resnick: https://reedsy.com/kerri-resnick
Alejandro Largo: https://reedsy.com/alejandro-largo
Nicole Caputo: https://reedsy.com/nicole-caputo
Kate Gaughran: https://reedsy.com/kate-gaughran
Daniel Cullen: https://reedsy.com/daniel-cullen
Mark Ecob: https://reedsy.com/mark-ecob

Any thoughts or comments are more than welcome!

Emmanuel

reedsy

message 45: by Penny (new)

Penny (fantasy-elf) | 1 comments Hello, it is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Susan and I offer a comprehensive proofreading service. I am based in the UK and have experience in proofreading - I have shared my expertise with students, published and non-published clients alike. All work is considered. I offer a friendly and supportive service, with reasonable time scales and an enthusiasm for the written word.

I can check and look out for things such as:

• Spelling mistakes
• Punctuation
• Grammatical Errors
• Inconsistencies
• Word usage and repetition
• And formatting

If you require my proofreading services or would like to ask any questions, please feel free to email me at: InkandQuill.Proofread@hotmail.com.

My Facebook page has over 200 likes from fans and clients alike! Feel free to visit me at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ink-an...

Many thanks :0)

message 46: by Tony (new)

Tony Held | 2 comments I am a full-time editor and proofreader. I am actively seeking new clients who write mystery (hard boiled detective, amateur sleuth, or police procedural-no courtroom drama please), fantasy (no preference at present), literary (no preference), historical (no preference), sci-fi (space opera or light adventure), western (name says it all), and action/adventure (ditto). I also am looking to work with non-fiction authors who write memoir, self-help, railroads/transportation, and history.

I charge flat proofreading rates which start at $400 USD. The final price is determined by manuscript length, and the amount of proofreading the manuscript needs.

FYI: a proofreader is one of the *last* steps to getting your book published. Do not contact a proofreader assuming proofreading is the same as copy editing, which takes place earlier in the editing process.

It takes a team to write a book. At a minimum, this team consists of the author, an editor, a proofreader, and several beta readers. I am looking to join your team. :-)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heldeditings...
E-mail: rthwriter101 AT gmail.com

message 47: by John (new)

John Freitas | 1 comments College student offering spelling and grammar proofreading services at affordable prices!
More details here.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/_~...

message 48: by Judy (new)

Judy (judyzreadsalot) | 1 comments Hello!

I am a freelance proofreader and have worked with several Indie authors over the past couple of years.

My goal is to pinpoint and correct grammatical and punctuation errors, missing and extra words, inconsistencies, spelling mistakes, etc.

Please see my website for not only my rates and services but also testimonials on my work!

All genres, sizes and last-minute welcome!

www.judysproofreading.com

message 49: by Entrada (new)

Entrada Book Review | 69 comments Take the Proofreading Check Challenge

So here's the idea that started it all...

Our editors picked up a few books this week - one for beta reading, one for a review and one from a traditional publisher (to read for enjoyment). All three had errors in them. While it is true (and often an excuse) that no one person, one time through can catch ALL the errors, it should be possible. That being said, your work might have grammatical errors in it that you don't even know about. You may have edited your book yourself and decided that you don't need any editing help - or you've decided that editing help is just too expensive.

Thus the Proofreading Check Challenge was born!

Here's the idea. You, the author pay $50 for the challenge. We'll scour your book. If you have three errors or less, we will refund your money and still point out any errors we find. If you have over three errors, we'll keep the fee and send you a list of the first 25 typos found while scouring your book.

Are you willing to bet your book against one of our editors?
If your book is perfect, then you have absolutely nothing to lose!

Do you want that extra assurance that your proofreader caught every single problem? We're talking about blatant errors here - missing periods and other punctuation, misuse (their instead of they're), extra or missing spacing, etc.

Take the challenge and find out what your book is really made of!

http://www.entradapublishing.com/proo...

message 50: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Annett (danielle-annett) | 3 comments Professional author services can all be found at http://www.coffeeandcharacters.com

An author service collective with a talented team of industry professionals who are reliable, affordable, and exceed expectations!

« previous 1