The Boy Who Dared The Boy Who Dared discussion

book

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Dominic That book makes me cry every time I read it. He wasn't even an adult and they kill him.

message 2: by Endia (new) - added it

Endia Murray i love this book so much i had to buy. and it such an amazing and touching biography about Helmuth Hubener. who ever hasn't read this book yet NEEDS TO HURRY UP AND READ IT.

Trish Jones Great book. My teenager daugther recommended it, and I found it to be a great read. I cried too.

Jake I didn't get it to behomest.

Alyssa I thought i was so sweet how he kept his promise

Esther This was one of the best books I've read in a long time. I gave it five stars, and it earned it.

message 7: by Ryan (new) - added it

Ryan Bottoms what didn't you like about it most

message 8: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy My "tween" and I read this book together, what a good story and teaching moment about standing up for "what is right" even when there are consequences for stating your opinion.

Highly recommend "The Boy Who Dared"

message 9: by Cay (new) - added it

Cay Endia wrote: "i love this book so much i had to buy. and it such an amazing and touching biography about Helmuth Hubener. who ever hasn't read this book yet NEEDS TO HURRY UP AND READ IT."
so true

ThenSingsMySoul77 I thought it was an excellent book. I was really intrigued by the comments on freedom. There was a lot of truth in it, after all, many people today are so concerned with "safety" that they easily allow their freedom to be taken away. What is that safety worth when you have nothing left? If safety means complying to extreme legislation, then is it really safety at all? I thought these were interesting questions that were well presented in the context of the story. Also interesting that they were being "protected" from the very thing that was protecting them. Communism.

Nashawn Vazquez It's terable what this world is capable of doing. No one person should have enough authority to do what was done in this book. Neither shal anybody be able to just over throw a perfect government to do harm. I believe that what happened in this book was wrong,...a guy incharge is supposed to be the smartest, the wisest, and the nicest of a nation, he is supposed to set a place for children to look foward to, not try their best to avoid. But in this story, the Fuehrer was too scared of his own people, knowing that they can one day be the stronger of the two, and over throw Hitler, (just like he came into office) so he killed his own people to avoid the truth.AND THAT IS THE DEADLY TRUTH OF BEING A DICTATOR.