Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Archived Challenges > Q4 2012 ~The Mod Challenge~ (Oct. 1, 2012 - December 31, 2012)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 300 (300 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments Quarterly Challenge – 4thQ – October, November, December

Photobucket

Duration: October 1, 2012 - December 31, 2012
Rules: Read four (4) books that fit the descriptions for our mods. You can choose the same mod more than once.

Photobucket
heather plant graham locklear
Heather is on a hiatus at the moment. Heather is also the name of a plant and several actresses inluding Heather Graham and Heather Locklear.

Read a book where a character is a celebrity or is named after a plant/flower or the cover features a plant/flower.

Suggestions:

Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James Glitter Baby (Wynette, Texas #3) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips The Spiral Path by Mary Jo Putney Blue Dahlia (In The Garden, #1) by Nora Roberts Lord of Scoundrels (Scoundrels, #3) by Loretta Chase

Photobucket
Lisa Kay nurse clipart kitchen
This Goodreads diva is a retired nurse who is currently remodeling her kitchen and spends any and every spare moment either here with us or with a good book. She sure keeps good company! ;)

Read a book where one of the protagonists works in the health industry or is remodeling a house or read a book that features a house on the cover.

Suggestions:

Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3) by Lisa Kleypas The Comforts of Home by Jodi Thomas Yours to Keep (Kowalski Family, #3) by Shannon Stacey On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1) by Jill Shalvis

Photobucket

CaroBSydney muffins
This international gal can give Carmen Sandiego a run for her money! She's a South American married to an English man with a Scottish name and lives in Australia. She can also whip up a batch of blueberry muffins in the blink of an eye! (ok maybe two eyes...)

Read a book set in Scotland or Australia or South America or read a book by an Australian author or read a book with an English hero.

Suggestions:

Laird of the Mist (MacGregors, #1) by Paula Quinn The Untamed Bride (Black Cobra Quartet #1) by Stephanie Laurens Hush (Lodestone Trilogy, #1) by Cherry Adair Chain Lightning by Elizabeth Lowell The Secret (Medieval, #1) by Julie Garwood

Photobucket

Susanplantationmanequin

This southern belle is the epitome of a Steel Magnolia and with a houseful of princesses and various pets, she puts every ounce of that steel to good use! She also enjoys sewing, reading, and cooking. Her jambalaya recipe is delicious...

Read a book set in the south or set in the civil war/antebellum era, or a book where the heroine is a seamstress or one of the characters is a chef.

Suggestions:

Blue Bayou (The Callahan Brothers, #1) by JoAnn Ross Challenge to Honor (Masters at Arms #1) by Jennifer Blake Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell Silk Is For Seduction (The Dressmakers, #1) by Loretta Chase Delicious (Buchanans, #1) by Susan Mallery Hot in Here by Sophie Renwick

Photobucket

descriptionPR 27
This lucky girl lives in a Caribbean island called Puerto Rico and the beach is never farther than a short drive. She enjoys scrapbooking and taking her 4 y/o son sea shell hunting. She’s married to a cop and … Hmmm (We’ll have to ask her if those handcuffs have seen some action! *wink wink nudge nudge*)

Read a book about pirates, or with a seaside or tropical setting, where the hero is in law enforcement or features a pirate, ship or the sea on the cover.

Suggestions:

The Pirate Prince by Gaelen Foley Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor/aka Christmas with Holly (Friday Harbor, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Something About You (FBI / US Attorney, #1) by Julie James The Gift (Crown's Spies, #3) by Julie Garwood The Witness by Nora Roberts

Photobucket

indian BWmodel cowboy
Who is The RLftCI Online Elf??? This versatile character changes his name with the season, and his pic gives us all something to drool over from time to time. He's courteous, he's proactive and he likes being (a mod) in charge. But who is he really?? An alter ego for one of the mods? A good excuse to post pictures of hot guys? A way for all the mods to edit some posts? And most importantly... is he single??

Read a book from the mystery or suspense genre or features a hot-hot-hottie on the cover.

Suggestions:

Too Hot To Touch (Rising Star Chef, #1) by Louisa Edwards Insatiable (Federation Chronicles, #3; Phantom Corps, #1) by Lauren Dane Extreme Exposure (I-Team, #1) by Pamela Clare To Die For (Blair Mallory, #1) by Linda Howard Changing the Game (Play by Play, #2) by Jaci Burton

message 2: by Lina (last edited Oct 07, 2012 05:07PM) (new)

Lina | 5563 comments I'm in!!

~RLftCI: Q4 – THE MOD CHALLENGE~
Duration: 1st October to 31st December, 2012

1/4 Completed

1. Lisa Kay (house remodelling)
Penmort Castle ★★★ 08.10.12

2. Susan
TBA

3. Gisela
TBA

4. Online Elf aka. Leif Falls
TBA

Read:
Penmort Castle (Ghosts and Reincarnation, #1) by Kristen Ashley

message 3: by Anna (new)

Anna Wadlow (awadlow42) | 226 comments I'm in.

message 4: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Me, too!

message 5: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm in, I love the rules :D and the mods

message 6: by Cassandra (last edited Oct 16, 2012 01:45PM) (new)

Cassandra (vampiregoth28) | 176 comments I'm in! This one's going to take some thought.

Q4 Mods Challenge - 4/4 Read
✔Heather - Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins - Katiness is named after a plant - Oct 16, 2012 - ★★★★
✔CaroB - Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon - set in Scotland - Oct 10, 2012 - ★★★★
✔Gisela - Face the Fire by Nora Roberts - sea - Oct 4, 2012 - ★★★★
✔Leif Falls (Online Elf) - The Nymph King by Gena Showalter - Oct 3, 2012 - ★★★★
Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander, #2) by Diana Gabaldon Face the Fire (Three Sisters Island, #3) by Nora Roberts The Nymph King (Atlantis, #3) by Gena Showalter

message 7: by Elishia (last edited Nov 04, 2012 04:02AM) (new)

Elishia | 2620 comments I'm in. I finally know what you look like Susan :-) and i've been wondering the same things about online elf.

Duration: 01/10/12 to 31/12/12

6/6 Completed

1. Heather:
Love Comes Silently 11/10/12 Famous painter and famous singer

2. Lisa Kay:
Slammed 29/10/12

3. CaroB:
Take My Picture Mc is English 07/10/12

4. Susan:
The Sweetest Thing MC is a chef 03/11/12

5. Gisela:
Immortal in Death 22/10/12

6. Online Elf aka. Leif Falls:
The Hallowed Ones 11/10/12

Take My Picture by Giselle Ellis The Hallowed Ones by Laura Bickle Love Comes Silently by Andrew Grey Slammed (Slammed, #1) by Colleen Hoover Immortal in Death (In Death, #3) by J.D. Robb The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2) by Jill Shalvis

message 8: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Elishia wrote: "I'm in. I finally know what you look like Susan :-) and i've been wondering the same things about online elf."

* whispers* I always thought The online elf was one of the other mods :D Sorry Mr.Elf if you're not !!

message 9: by Elishia (new)

Elishia | 2620 comments Me too

message 10: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I'm in.
Love the descriptions...

message 11: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jyl22075) | 2336 comments I'm in! This sounds fun. I'm not sure what my list will be yet, but I know for sure that CaroB will be on it. :)

message 12: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) Oh I'm in. Great descriptions. :)

message 13: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I'm in! And I'm cracking up at Elishia and ShoSho wondering about Mr Elf!

message 14: by ~Leslie~ (last edited Oct 18, 2012 06:27PM) (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments Duration: 10/1/12 - 12/31/12

Lisa Kay
The Sweethearts' Knitting Club

CaroB
Highland Warrior

Susan
Sugar Rush 10/3/12 *** stars

Gisela
The Iron Rose

The Sweethearts' Knitting Club (Twilight, Texas, #1) by Lori Wilde Highland Warrior (Campbell Trilogy, #1) by Monica McCarty Sugar Rush (Cupcake Club, #1) by Donna Kauffman The Iron Rose (Dante Pirates, #2) by Marsha Canham

message 15: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments **hee hee**

message 16: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments I love being a Man of Mystery, ladies.

Robin (Saturndoo) (scoobydoo0811) I'm in but will have to come back later and see what books I will read. **sighs** It's been a busy weekend as we moved bedrooms & craftroom/office around and all the bookshelves had to come down and I am finally getting all the books put back...thankfully this time there is some kind of order to them LOL I'm wondering where all these books came from heeheehee!

message 18: by Robin (Saturndoo) (last edited Jan 04, 2013 03:11PM) (new)

Robin (Saturndoo) (scoobydoo0811) Quarterly Challenge – 4thQ – October, November, December

Duration: October 1, 2012 - December 31, 2012

Books Read:5/5

Lisa Kay
1.Emergency Room

Emergency Room by Caroline B. Cooney

CaroB
1.Ruby Red

Ruby Red (Edelstein Trilogie, #1) by Kerstin Gier

Susan
1.Kindred

Kindred by Octavia E. Butler

Gisela
1.Olive's Ocean

Olive's Ocean by Kevin Henkes

Leif Falls
1. The Killer's Cousin

The Killer's Cousin by Nancy Werlin

message 19: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments Jenny wrote: "I'm in! This sounds fun. I'm not sure what my list will be yet, but I know for sure that CaroB will be on it. :)"

Is that because the historicals lend themselves to the English setting Jenny?

Leif, you big stud, as if you needed another excuse to be more appealing to the ladies!!

message 20: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Oh, great choices, Leslie! I want to read The Iron Rose (Dante Pirates, #2) by Marsha Canham - I've got it in PB and Kindle. I just need to get to it. Maybe this challenge will do it!

message 21: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jyl22075) | 2336 comments CaroB wrote: "Jenny wrote: "I'm in! This sounds fun. I'm not sure what my list will be yet, but I know for sure that CaroB will be on it. :)"

Is that because the historicals lend themselves to the English setti..."

Actually, it's because I have several Sarah Mayberry books I want to get to and she is Australian and most of her books are also set in Australia. :)

message 22: by Bookcrazy (new)

Bookcrazy | 327 comments I'm in - awesome idea for a challenge ;)

Quarterly Challenge – 4thQ – October, November, December

1)
2)
3)
4)

message 23: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Never read any Sarah Mayberry. **scurries off to check**

message 24: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Oh, yes... now I remember. I've been reading some reviews of Her Best Worst Mistake by Sarah Mayberry ...

message 25: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1693 comments Really fun challenge! Thank you mods!

Read a book where a character is a celebrity or is named after a plant/flower or the cover features a plant/flower.

Read a book where one of the protagonists works in the health industry or is remodeling a house or read a book that features a house on the cover.

Read a book set in Scotland or Australia or South America or read a book by an Australian author or read a book with an English hero.

Read a book set in the south or set in the civil war/antebellum era, or a book where the heroine is a seamstress or one of the characters is a chef.

Read a book about pirates, or with a seaside or tropical setting, where the hero is in law enforcement or features a pirate, ship or the sea on the cover.

Read a book from the mystery or suspense genre or features a hot-hot-hottie on the cover.

message 26: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments CaroB wrote: "Leif, you big stud, as if you needed another excuse to be more appealing to the ladies!!"

**evil grin** As long as I'm appealing to you, Miss CaroB!

message 27: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jyl22075) | 2336 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Oh, yes... now I remember. I've been reading some reviews of Her Best Worst Mistake by Sarah Mayberry..."

That is one of five I have on my TBR list. Not sure which one I'm going to read yet.

message 28: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments Jenny wrote: "CaroB wrote: "Jenny wrote: "I'm in! This sounds fun. I'm not sure what my list will be yet, but I know for sure that CaroB will be on it. :)"

Is that because the historicals lend themselves to the..."

I've heard things about that author, but as yet haven't read anything by her.

message 29: by Lina (last edited Sep 24, 2012 02:13PM) (new)

Lina | 5563 comments Leif Falls (Online Elf) wrote: "CaroB wrote: "Leif, you big stud, as if you needed another excuse to be more appealing to the ladies!!"

**evil grin** As long as I'm appealing to you, Miss CaroB!"

*fans self* Don't tell my hubcap, Leif! He thinkgs I spend so much time on Goodreads because I love reading :-)

message 30: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Sep 24, 2012 05:09PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments CaroB wrote: "*fans self* Don't tell my hubcap, Leif! He thinks I spend so much time on Goodreads because I love reading :-)"

LMBO! CaroB, you trollop!

message 31: by Gisela, Moderator (new)

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Oh my! What a tart! ROFL! My hubby thinks the same thing! ;)

message 32: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments **hee hee**

message 33: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments Tart? Trollop? me? :-p

message 34: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Tart, trollop, tramp. The three "T"s! LOL! (Me, too!)

message 35: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) The Tart, the trollop and the tramp, sounds like it could be a name of a challenge. This is a romance lover challenge group after all. :)

message 36: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments **snortsnort** True, Carrie!

message 37: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I would do that challenge, lol!

message 38: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments **hee hee** Okay, something for us Mods to work on.

message 39: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Guess I'd better add "tease" to those "T"s! LOL!

message 40: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Oh, great choices, Leslie! I want to read The Iron Rose (Dante Pirates, #2) by Marsha Canham - I've got it in PB and Kindle. I just need to get to it. Maybe this challenge will do it!"
I absolutely love Marsha Canham!! Any excuse to read her works for me. And her pirate novels are the best. Go for it, Lisa Kay!!

And trollop is my favorite word!! It has such a great ring to it. One of my daughters fell asleep in a boys bed at school (after being a tad tipsy) and I was joking and called her a trollop. It was sooo funny!

message 41: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Yes, love the sound of that work, too, Leslie. Like the way it feels on my tongue. And the reaction people have upon hearing it. Don't know why... so much better than the "S" word.

message 42: by Anna (last edited Sep 25, 2012 02:01PM) (new)

Anna Wadlow (awadlow42) | 226 comments ~RLftCI: Q4 – THE MOD CHALLENGE~

0/4 Completed

Heather:Read a book where the cover features a plant/flower...

Wildflowers Come Back (Wildflowers Come Back, #1) by Sarah Spann :

Susan: Read a book set in the south...

Baby, I'm Yours (Southern Roads, #0.5) by Stephanie Bond

Gisela: Read a book with the sea on the cover...

Nathan's Vow by Karen Rose Smith

Leif Falls (Online Elf): Read a book from the suspense genre...

He Loves Me Not a novel of suspense (Lily's Story, Book 1) by Christine Kersey

message 43: by Gea (last edited Oct 18, 2012 01:31PM) (new)

Gea (gea89) | 412 comments ~RLftCI: Q4 – THE MOD CHALLENGE~

2/6

Heather - Celebrity character - Heaven and Hell by Kirsten Ashley (10/4) ***
Lisa Kay - House on cover - Duchess in Love by Eloisa James
CaroB - Set in Scotland - The Chief by Monica McCarty (10/5) ****
Susan - Set in south - Wild Irish by Jennifer Saints
Gisela - Pirates - A Pirate's Love by Johanna Lindsey
Leif Falls - Hot guy on cover - Heat Seeker by Lora Leigh

Heaven and Hell (Heaven and Hell, #1) by Kristen Ashley Duchess in Love (Duchess Quartet, #1) by Eloisa James The Chief (Highland Guard, #1) by Monica McCarty Wild Irish (Weldon, #1) by Jennifer Saints A Pirate's Love by Johanna Lindsey Heat Seeker (Elite Ops, #3) by Lora Leigh

message 44: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) The Mod Challenge
Duration: October 1 - December 31, 2012
Complete: 0/4

1. Lisa Kay: (House on cover) - Heart of the Hunter by Lara Adrian
2. CaroB: (English hero) - A Night Like This by Julia Quinn
3. Gisela: (Hero in law enforcement) - Nothing To Fear by Karen Rose
4. Leif Falls (Hottie on cover) - Whispers in the Dark by Maya Banks

Heart of the Hunter (Dragon Chalice, #1) by Tina St. John A Night Like This (Smythe-Smith Quartet #2) by Julia Quinn Nothing To Fear (Romantic Suspense, #4) by Karen Rose Whispers in the Dark (KGI, #4) by Maya Banks

message 45: by Lisa Jo (new)

Lisa Jo (lisajo85) | 35 comments Wow! What flirts we have in this group. lol I love it! Too cute.

So this means I can't pass up this challenge! I'll pick my mods and books later.

Lisa Jo

message 46: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 845 comments Oh, Gea - you are going to love The Chief!!

message 47: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm going to read The Chief for CaroB's category too !

message 48: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Loved The Chief! It is an excellent book.

message 49: by Gea (new)

Gea (gea89) | 412 comments Leslie I added The Chief when you recommended it :) It looks like a good book and there's a whole series to read after it :D

message 50: by Donna (new)

Donna Haa Haa! This is too fun! I'm definitely in. Will pick books as I go.

Good luck with your kitchen, Lisa Kay!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6