Fantasy Book Club Series discussion

Last Argument of Kings (The First Law, #3)
This topic is about Last Argument of Kings
The First Law Series > Last Argument of Kings III- Leaves on the Water thru Day of Judgment

Comments (showing 1-16 of 16) (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maggie K | 1116 comments Mod
This book is just cruisin' along...

This Crummock--crazy, or crazy as a fox? lolol

David Sven (Gorro) | 123 comments Jab, jab, Glokta, jab, jab. Handy advice. Frost, who would have thought?

Hanne (Hanne2) David Sven wrote: "Jab, jab, Glokta, jab, jab. Handy advice. Frost, who would have thought?"
Not me!

I love how Abercrombie keeps surprising me. Like Quai? I knew something was up with Quai, you don't take a useless character along with you for so long. But this I had never expected!

David Sven (Gorro) | 123 comments Hanne wrote: "David Sven wrote: "Jab, jab, Glokta, jab, jab. Handy advice. Frost, who would have thought?"
Not me!

I love how Abercrombie keeps surprising me. Like Quai? I knew something was up with Quai, you d..."

And it appears Bayaz stretched the truth quite a bit about past events.

Hanne (Hanne2) Ooooo yes. I read the last 200 pages yesterday night (couldn't stop!) so now i'm fully done... What a fabulous read this last book is!

Bayaz, such an incredible manipulator!
You know, Tolkien learnt me to trust the old wise wizard that lives in seclusion and only comes to court when times are tough. Whoa... did Abercrombie just do a number on me :)

message 6: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee (kiwifirst) @ Hanne

did Abercrombie just do a number on me

How was that eh? wow! Raises the question whether Sult's motivations and plans were evil or just desperation. I am now thinking the latter.

Is this the last thread can we discuss end story here? I want to talk about a few things but any thing you talk about regarding the ending is going to be MASSIVE spoilers.

David Sven (Gorro) | 123 comments Hanne wrote: "Whoa... did Abercrombie just do a number on me :) "

I think he sat down and thought, "How is this supposed to end?" and then thought "Nah!"

David Sven (Gorro) | 123 comments Lee wrote: "Is this the last thread can we discuss end story here?"

That would be the thread titled "The Beginning."

message 9: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee (kiwifirst) Now that is confusing.

I have decided to fill in the gap before we start best served cold with reading Eriksons new book. You know, like just do a quick light hearted short story whilst I wait.

David Sven (Gorro) | 123 comments Lee wrote: "Now that is confusing.

I have decided to fill in the gap before we start best served cold with reading Eriksons new book. You know, like just do a quick light hearted short story whilst I wait."

Ha Ha! I think I may join you there after I finish my current book. Have been watching Forge of Darkness on my to-read list since it came out.

I'll be doing Best Served Cold on Audible after my current Audible listen - my timing should be just right by then to discuss with the group.

message 11: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee (kiwifirst) hmmm, I might try it on audible too. I am currently boring myself to death with Wheel of Fashion Repetition, book 6, bleugh, Only slightly more interested than the rush hour traffic I am sitting in listening to it.

David Sven (Gorro) | 123 comments Lee wrote: "I am currently boring myself to death with Wheel of Fashion Repetition, book 6, bleugh, Only slightly more interested than the rush hour traffic I am sitting ..."

I never made it through book 1 of WOT. Not because I lemmed it deliberately. I just lost it and couldn't be bothered replacing it. Sounds like I might have saved myself the agony of enjoying the first few books and then feeling I had to continue through the torturous middle of the series.

Hanne (Hanne2) I'm guessing we need a new thread to discuss the complete ending...

message 14: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maggie K | 1116 comments Mod
Lee wrote: "Now that is confusing.

I have decided to fill in the gap before we start best served cold with reading Eriksons new book. You know, like just do a quick light hearted short story whilst I wait."

lol Lee Light read indeed...I too have been all worried about how I am going to fit that in, but since its the start of a new series, I am going to wait until I catch up a bit!

message 15: by Eric (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eric Zawadzki | 46 comments Just finished with the sixteen berjillion showdowns in a three-chapter stretch. Holy crap does this author know how to set up pieces just so he can knock them down with incredible force! Still not sure how Bayaz orchestrated some of his social engineering feats, but everything involving the Seed...I don't dare question this wizard. He's scary as hell and it's awesome.

A bit of a "what if Gandalf had decided to use the One Ring instead of sending Frodo to destroy it" meditation going on in all this.

David Sven (Gorro) | 123 comments How about "what if Dumbledore decided to make his own horcrux?"