Hidden (House of Night, #10) Hidden discussion

THIS NEEDED TO END A LOOOONG TIME AGO!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Isamar (new) - added it

Isamar Just end it already!

message 2: by Isamar (new) - added it

Isamar Samantha wrote: "Isamar wrote: "Just end it already!"

Yes, it really does. Zoey is an awful character, and I can’t stand being stuck in her head for the majority of the books. Each book has more and more narrators..."

What's even more horrible is that they are making them into movies! Like seriously its not bad enough that this is like the book that wont go away you have to make it visually to torture us even more!?

message 3: by Gabby (new)

Gabby Hmmm, i havn't read any of the books yet. But i've only heard good things about it. jokes, i hear this a lot.

message 4: by Adelwy (new) - added it

Adelwy This series does need to end cause Zoey is getting on my fucking nerves. The series started to bore me when i got to the 6th book and i cant believe they are continuing making more.I don't thing am going to read Hidden cause it will probably take forever to finish it.zoey stop being a slut!!!!!

message 5: by Nicola (new)

Nicola it's a great plot and i love it, but seriously, just finish it now. there's gonna be 12? easily could have been 5 awesome action packed books rather than 12 dragged out ones.

Jackie Nicci wrote: "it's a great plot and i love it, but seriously, just finish it now. there's gonna be 12? easily could have been 5 awesome action packed books rather than 12 dragged out ones."

TWO MORE BOOKS?! Oh my god why can't Neferet die already. -_- I'm tired of who's gonna end up with who, the character adding, and the whole House of Night drama!

message 7: by Gabby (new)

Gabby Samantha wrote: "Gabby wrote: "Hmmm, i havn't read any of the books yet. But i've only heard good things about it. jokes, i hear this a lot."

Yeah, this is possibly one of the worst series of books I've ever read...."

I'm still going to read them. Apparently it's the closest to an Adult novel i'm going to get for a while...

message 8: by Syd (new) - rated it 3 stars

Syd It's not one of the best series I've read, but I still think the series over all was interesting. But I do agree that it should end soon, within a book or the most two.

Malissa Bishop All I have to say is if you don't like the books then don't read them and if you don't want to see the movies then do not see them. i don't remember anyone forcing you to, it's that plain and simple!!!!

ѕтαяк The first 4-5 books, GREAT
6 book okay...
7 book are you kidding me?!
8-10 KILL ME, KILL ME NOW!

message 11: by Isamar (new) - added it

Isamar These books are an embarrassment to YA the authors are clearly milking them and the writing is god awful you all know this and the plot is ridiculous by this point.

Jessica Malissa wrote: "All I have to say is if you don't like the books then don't read them and if you don't want to see the movies then do not see them. i don't remember anyone forcing you to, it's that plain and simpl..."

Actually for someone who enjoyed the first three books, felt okay about the next 3 or 4 books, I feel like I deserve to know the ending so for other people like me they are probably hoping that one of these last few books will spark something of the old enjoyment we used to feel for these books. So no, not plain and simple and we should be able to say what we feel, hopefully something can be changed about how these books are being written...

Malissa Bishop Jessica wrote: "Malissa wrote: "All I have to say is if you don't like the books then don't read them and if you don't want to see the movies then do not see them. i don't remember anyone forcing you to, it's that..."
Well if you want to know the ending then just wait for the last book to come out. If you are gonna read something and the complain about it then that is your own fault, not the authors who have every right to do what they want with their own series.

Jessica Oh okay so we can be lost? I don't think so. If people can be okay with others liking a book and reading about how much they love it then why can't others read about why someone disliked it. And a writer is supposed to take reviews in order to better their writing. And if the audience doesn't like it then they don't sell so I don't believe they have completely free reign over what and how they write.

MissIntegrity well it hasnt so either move on or continue to "torture" yourself

MissIntegrity Malissa wrote: "All I have to say is if you don't like the books then don't read them and if you don't want to see the movies then do not see them. i don't remember anyone forcing you to, it's that plain and simpl..."

-nods in agreement-

message 17: by Fox (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fox D'aoust I really liked this series when I first started it. I liked the idea of the house of night and vampires but then it started going downhill. Each book is worth like $20 (I'm speaking canadian dollars) and they're like 200 pages long. They could have combined these books but are instead separating them to make more money. The books are too short to even contain any real story in them anymore. It dissapoints me, I still would like to know what happens in the series but I dislike how they constantly break apart these books solely for profit.

Siobhan Fox wrote: "I really liked this series when I first started it. I liked the idea of the house of night and vampires but then it started going downhill. Each book is worth like $20 (I'm speaking canadian dollar..."

The portrait of Dorian grey is relatively short, and has a huge storyline running through it. I wouldn't say the length of a book is any indication of a great story (look at how long books like twilight go on for, and I read the count of monte cristo recently, which was amazing but far too long for the actual content) but I do agree that if they'd been more concise then there would be fewer books.

I just hate how each new book introduces a new idea left to be wrapped up in a later book which then never materialises. Do they just not bother reading their old material?

And conversely ... I didn't like the first few books. I found them repetitive, but I liked the whole idea of pagans (sorry, a lot of this is Wicca with blood drinking thrown in) in modern times so I stuck with it, and it started to get interesting, for me, when Jack came along. Screw it, my love of this series was the Jack chapter.

Also, I've read Hidden ... So is that the last book? It was finished so badly, I can't even tell.

MissIntegrity i think the main problem some of you people have is some series "ADHD" obviously you cant stay focused on a series long enough for it to end

Vickie thank you Jasmine I have been thinking the same thing since these type of posts started

Olivia Tate Your right, this is just dragging on now.

message 22: by MissIntegrity (last edited Jan 18, 2013 09:16PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

MissIntegrity youre welcome, but honestly the main problem i have with this series is Neferet , listen at her name though sounds like something youd call a parrot but anyway she needs to drop dead and NEVER be spoken of again
and as for the haters who clearly dont have taste you can go to the same place im hoping theyll send neferets lowlife butt
people stop trashing this series! and all because it didnt end quickly enough?! ok so it drags on a little but theres always some amazing kick ass action at the end that makes you want to read the next one if you find yourself getting bored give yourself a break! stop trying to rush out and buy every book one after the other you just like drug addicts want to stop but cant , just quit already! ever heard of if you dont like it leave it? well do that and shut the hell up wouldnt know good if it smacked you straight in the face you people piss me off
there are so many crappy series that i hardly ever hear anyone talk about like that book bloodrose

Katie I can't live in this world any more knowning that somewhere Pc Cast and her daughter are writing another two books. This series should have ended a long long time ago.
Please just put us out of our misery!!

Kathy I like this series a lot. My main disappointment with Hidden was that NEFERET DIDN'T DIE. She fell from the roof of the Mayo, and when it looked like she was dead I thought, 'Yes! She's finally dead!' But then Zoey pointed out that Neferet is not dead, and I thought, 'Noooo! Not another book!'
Couldn't they have killed Neferet off then and there? It would have saved us the annoyance of having go through another H.O.N book to see the ending of the series. I'll be waiting for that next book, anyway.

There's only one other series that I've read that is longer than this one. The Vampire Huntress Legends series by L A Banks has twelve books in it, and is way better than the House of Night.

message 25: by Val (new) - rated it 3 stars

Val Richards Nicci wrote: "it's a great plot and i love it, but seriously, just finish it now. there's gonna be 12? easily could have been 5 awesome action packed books rather than 12 dragged out ones."

I agree, it shouldn't have dragged out this long. I've enjoyed most of the books but the last few felt like they could have all been done in one.

Jordan This series was best with 4 books, in my opinion. Now my liking for this book is going down. The last book was not that good. It seemed like a filler book. With only a couple things happening. I heard she has a 12 book contract, and I just hope the last two are good, because I have to know what happens, so I'm going to read them. I don't want to read something boring so PLEASE BE GOOD!

MissIntegrity You all can just shut the HEll up if you wanted the series ended youd end it yourself by not proceeding to read it you ignorant ungrateful hags

Daaaaaisyツ This series is amazing. I agree with Jasmine, instead of whining about wanting it to end; Stop read them. DUH!

message 29: by Isamar (new) - added it

Isamar This is why I hate Goodreads who cares if people don't like a book it's called an OPINION so be so kindly to keep your pompous overbearing asshat comments to yourself if someone doesn't like a book then such it up besides the authors are horrible writers.

Daaaaaisyツ And this is why I don't like the people on Goodreads. I am stating my opinion as well. Is there a problem with that? If so that is highly hypocritical of you.

message 31: by A (last edited Jan 29, 2013 05:17PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

A I think this is a great series and as long as there isn't a bad twist or surprise at the end of the next book, I don't see any reason it should end.

message 32: by Isamar (new) - added it

Isamar Do I specifically point out a person? Uh NO it's a generality of all of these rude comments

MissIntegrity Seriously these books got me through alot i have noisy household and its good to get away and deal with someone elses non sense for awhile I loved all of the characters and I want them to get rid of neferet but....i dont know if a series pissed me off bad enough id just say forget it some people might say Zoey is stupid but shes a TEENAGER and she's does the best a teen can do honestly i dont think i wouldve made it nearly as far so i give Zoey her props atleast she's not as idiotic as Ever and damen -shivers-

Daaaaaisyツ Isamar wrote: "Do I specifically point out a person? Uh NO it's a generality of all of these rude comments"

Ahh sweet cheeks, I never said that. But I don't have time to argue with a snare commenter.

message 35: by A (last edited Jan 29, 2013 05:40PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

A Jasmine wrote: "Seriously these books got me through alot i have noisy household and its good to get away and deal with someone elses non sense ..."

Yeah, the Immortals series makes me go crazy for i cannot believe Ever made the mistake of putting her blood into the elixir, except if I was in the same position she was in, I can't imagine what I would have done.

message 36: by Isamar (new) - added it

Isamar God the stupidity of the human race really knows no bounds

Daaaaaisyツ Isamar wrote: "God the stupidity of the human race really knows no bounds"

Oh yes, I agree. Humans are very stupid. I know a couple actually

Kathy I think the plotline is getting a little old. The last few books were not as interesting as the earlier books in the series. "Hidden" felt like a 'filler' to me.

Jordan Daaaaaisyツ wrote: "This series is amazing. I agree with Jasmine, instead of whining about wanting it to end; Stop read them. DUH!"

But we have to know what happens!

Jordan Kathy wrote: "I think the plotline is getting a little old. The last few books were not as interesting as the earlier books in the series. "Hidden" felt like a 'filler' to me."

Me too! I liked the other ones, but Hidden just seemed like filler. I think that she wore the characters out and they need to write a new series.

AmareCallisti_Tallyn Nicci wrote: "it's a great plot and i love it, but seriously, just finish it now. there's gonna be 12? easily could have been 5 awesome action packed books rather than 12 dragged out ones."

Actually I think the authors plan on making it drag on onto 15, and I completely agree with you, the plot is quite good, and should have been kept short.

AmareCallisti_Tallyn Hidden was a little crap. I thought maybe the plot for that should've been used as a mini plot in a major story.

Jordan Sumayya'darkmyr Tallyn wrote: "Hidden was a little crap. I thought maybe the plot for that should've been used as a mini plot in a major story."

Yeah, it only started to have a REAL plot at the end when they went to the penthouse. That was the part I remember about it, nothing else. The next two better be freaking fantastic.

Jordan Isamar wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Isamar wrote: "Just end it already!"

Yes, it really does. Zoey is an awful character, and I can’t stand being stuck in her head for the majority of the books. Each book has more a..."

They should make it into a TV show, that would be better...

AmareCallisti_Tallyn EXACTLY what I'm thinking!

AmareCallisti_Tallyn I also don't like the fact that the authors alternate between the POVs of different characters, it's really annoying, some books manage to pull it off, but that's only cos they don't write boring things that just waste your time. I don't know if any one agrees with me but honestly that's what I think.

Kathy Multiple POVs spoil the surprise element of a story. Most of the novels I've read that have multiple POVs are almost completely predictable. I've always preferred to be surprised. Neferet's point of views make the story unbearably predictable. It would be more interesting if the authors would have left her POV out of the story, because we would be speculating more about what she would do next.

message 48: by Annabelle (new) - added it

Annabelle 100% agree. This book needed to END, like 6 books ago!!!!!

♫ ℬuggy   ツ Annabelle wrote: "100% agree. This book needed to END, like 6 books ago!!!!!"
Right.

♫ ℬuggy   ツ I guess, P.C is trying to stretch her limits of the series.Its been now on a tiring level, you know.

« previous 1