Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Policies & Practices > Still not a librarian :(

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ana (new)

Ana | 5 comments I applied twice to be a Librarian but I never got an answer. It's some policy or same requisite to be able to be a librarian? I see a lot of Latinamerican and Swedish writers I want to edit since I have a lot of information about them, images and so on.
It's some support I can contact?
Ana

message 2: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7029 comments You can contact GR Support using this link

http://www.goodreads.com/about/contac...

message 3: by Christa绮思 (new)

Christa绮思 (dolldalera) | 257 comments Hi Ana, if I remember correctly, another one of the requirements for librarian status is that you have to be a member for at least a month. I noticed that you joined only this month so if your request doesn't push through, maybe you can wait until next month to try again. I think this prerequisite just makes sure that you've familiarized yourself with the goodreads site, procedures, etc, before allowing you editing access to books. Hope this helps!

message 4: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments I posted this snippet on another thread about the same subject. "I would bet that a very large number of people apply to be librarians and not everyone could possibly be accepted. There has to be some sort of limit or things would get totally out of hand. So it is entirely possible that someone would not be approved for no other reason than that there is no need for more librarians at this time."

I am fairly sure that there is no minimum membership time or if there is it is not adhered to. I'm sure I have seen librarians who were approved in the first week or so of the month they joined.

Your best bet is probably to forget about it for a while and maybe apply again in a few months.

message 5: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Sep 22, 2012 01:28PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) Ana Valdés Valdés wrote: "I applied twice to be a Librarian but I never got an answer. It's some policy or same requisite to be able to be a librarian? I see a lot of Latinamerican and Swedish writers I want to edit since I..."

You have shelved enough books (I think had to have 50 minimum); I'd wait a bit as previously suggested. In application I would mention any languages you are fluent in, particularly if you want to volunteer to help with foreign editions.

In the meantime, as you find items you would correct as a librarian...please help by posting those corrections in this group so someone can fix!

(I actually don't remember getting a notice, sure just buried in email somewhere. Just one day I was.)

message 6: by Renske (new)

Renske | 10990 comments That is what I understood, that giving the reason why you want to be a librarian, why it is useful to make you a librarian, is very important in the application.

message 7: by Neyhart (new)

Neyhart | 2 comments I'm having the same issue as Ana and it is rather frustrating...

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Sep 24, 2012 03:19PM) (new)

rivka | 43570 comments Mod
Users are not notified if their librarian request is not accepted (it's a limitation of the system).

Questions about individual status should be directed to the "contact us" link on the help page.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.