Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Over in a Flash - Cover Hunt & Theme October 2012

Comments Showing 1-50 of 130 (130 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (last edited Sep 22, 2012 09:51AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Over in a Flash - hopefully will be a reoccurring challenge.

I stole this idea (with permission) from the SOS: Serious Overload of Series group.

Over in a Flash ~ Cover Hunt & Theme Challenge ~

Duration: October 1st through October 31st.

Rules: Read 2 books with the following items found on their covers; choose 2 of the 3 options below. Be sure to post your book covers, dates read, and star ratings. If you want, you can do this at the end of the month after you reviewed your covers. Feel free to do all three if you want.

Member Choosing: Melissa from Pennsylvania (U.S.A.) has been a GoodReads member since October 2009, and a participant of Happily Ever After Café since July, 2010. She most enjoys reading about romance, but dabbles in other genres. Obviously, she loves GoodReads - since she is in a grand total of 63 groups!

COLOR: Pink!

HOLIDAY: (1) Hallowe'en (October 31st) Read a book that has witches/wizards, vampires, werewolves, anything paranormal in it. (2) National Adopt a Shelter Animal Month: Read a book featuring some type of animal adoption or an animal that was adopted from a shelter. (3) Eleanor Roosevelt (October 11) and Margaret Thatcher (October 13) birthdays - Read a book that has a woman in a position of power.

ITEMS: Opal (October birthstone), Marigolds (October flower), pumpkin, castle (inside one or one shown), Cookies, Magic (swirls or anything that could be considered magic happening), and anything Hallowe'en related...

[image error][image error]PumpkinFace[image error][image error]
[image error][image error][image error][image error][image error][image error]
[image error][image error][image error][image error]AnimalShelter[image error]

message 2: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (last edited Nov 02, 2012 05:13PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Carrie			4/4 - Done! Congrats!
Rebecca 0/3
Jessica 0/2
Brandilyn 3/3 - Done! Congrats!
Catherine 2/6
Nikki 2/2 - Done! Congrats!
Michelle (RNJ) 0/2
Alyson 0/2
Sandra 2/2 - Done! Congrats!
Lisa (Aussie Girl) 3/3 - Done! Congrats!
Melissa (PA) 1/2
Alissa 2/2 - Done! Congrats!
Shay 0/2
Susie 0/2
Lisa R. 0/2
Temi 0/3
Denyse 2/2 - Done! Congrats!
Melissa (MO) 2/3
Trish 2/2 - Done! Congrats!
BJ Rose 2/2 - Done! Congrats!
Carolyn 0/2
Sherin 2/2 - Done! Congrats!
Lisa Kay 2/2 - Done! Congrats!

message 3: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) I'm in, loved the Mash-boo-tatoes picture. :)

message 4: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Great, Carrie! Welcome to the challenge.

message 5: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bd200789) I'll try this one. I'll try to do all three, but will see what I can find. I'm trying to only use books I own.

message 6: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Good idea, Rebecca! Save your money for the holidays. Welcome to the challenge.

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (mombookbunnynrrt) | 1 comments I'm new to the group. sounds fun. Great ideas. I'm in!!

message 8: by Brandilyn (last edited Oct 02, 2012 12:06PM) (new)

Brandilyn (brandilynrc) | 233 comments In of course will edit with picks

0/3

Color American Love Songs (that is as close to pink as it gets for my TBR list)
Theme His Hearth
Item Country Mouse (is a palace close enough to a castle?)

American Love Songs by Ashlyn Kane His Hearth (Warder #1) by Mary Calmes Country Mouse by Amy Lane

message 9: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Super, Jessica! Welcome to the challenge.

message 10: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Lovely, Brandilyn! Welcome back to the challenge.

message 11: by Catherine (last edited Oct 28, 2012 11:52AM) (new)

Catherine | 2081 comments I'm in Just shoot me now!!! lol

Colour: A Walk in the Park..Jill Mansell

Theme:(Hallowe'en) Shadow of Night..Deborah Harkness(book 2)

Item: spell out?

O.
P. Paris in Love..Eloisa James(read)
A. Atonement..Ian McEwan
L. The Lady of the Rivers..Philippa Gregory(book 3)(11 Oct)

message 12: by Nikki ♥ (new)

Nikki ♥ | 2103 comments I'll participate.

message 13: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Neat, Catherine! So, you're doing six?

message 14: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Great, Nikki! Welcome to the challenge.

Michelle the Romance Witch (michelle_the_romance_witch) | 3 comments i'll give it a shot!. the Halloween thing will be a cinch. have to thing about the second part.

message 16: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Wonderful, Michelle! Welcome to the challenge.

message 17: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Reuben (alysonreuben) | 28 comments Hi, Lisa and Melissa! I've been super busy with college and with my latest book release, and, because of that, I failed dismally at the last book challenge! Still, I'm going to give it a go this time, too. ;)

I'll Walk Alone, by Mary Higgins Clark(creepy mystery for Halloween)
I'll Walk Alone by Mary Higgins Clark

The Tea Rose, by Jennifer Donnelly(pink)
The Tea Rose (The Tea Rose, #1) by Jennifer Donnelly

message 18: by Sandra (last edited Sep 22, 2012 05:40PM) (new)

Sandra | 983 comments I'm in, who could resist those Mash Boo Tatoes

HEA Over in a Flash ~ Cover Hunt & Theme Challenge
Duration: October 1st – October 31, 2012

0/2 Completed

1. Pink: Bunny and the Bear
2. PNR: Kiss of Snow

Bunny and the Bear (Furry United Coalition, #1) by Eve Langlais Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling, #10) by Nalini Singh

message 19: by Lisa - (Aussie Girl) (last edited Sep 22, 2012 04:21PM) (new)

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 13013 comments YES, I'm in. I enjoyed doing the last one so much.

COLOUR

HOLIDAY

ITEM

I'll post as I go.

message 20: by Melissa (last edited Sep 22, 2012 05:04PM) (new)

Melissa (jedisakora) | 464 comments I'm in of course. Going to go all the way on this one. ^w^ 0/2

message 21: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 2081 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Neat, Catherine! So, you're doing six?"

yes...told you I'm insane!

message 22: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Great, Alyson, Sandra, Lisa (Aussie Girl), & Melissa!!!! Welcome to the challenge.

message 23: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Sandra wrote: "I'm in, who could resist those Mash Boo Tatoes"

Really! They're adorable. Found them on Pinterest.

message 24: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Catherine wrote: "yes...told you I'm insane!"

You are! But in the best way possible - book crazy!

message 25: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 2081 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Catherine wrote: "yes...told you I'm insane!"

You are! But in the best way possible - book crazy!"

lol :)

message 26: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 2081 comments Alyson wrote: "Hi, Lisa and Melissa! I've been super busy with college and with my latest book release, and, because of that, I failed dismally at the last book challenge! Still, I'm going to give it a go this ti..."

I just added your book to my ever-growing list! I am quite mad...you'll find! lol I think you will love The Tea Rose series!

message 27: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments I'm getting ready to start The Tea Rose series next month.

message 28: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 2081 comments think you'll love it! Lisa Kay..it is a really good series!

message 29: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments I wanted to wait until it was all done because...well, you never know!

message 30: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 2081 comments til what was all done?

message 31: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments The series.

message 32: by Alissa (new)

Alissa (alissarn) I'm in, too! My picks are:

1. Pink: The Body in the Library
3. Magic: Garden Spells

Can't wait to begin them!

message 33: by Shay (last edited Oct 16, 2012 12:22PM) (new)

Shay (shaylyn318) | 66 comments Holiday Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble (Jolie Wilkins, #1) by H.P. Mallory
Item King of Sword and Sky (Tairen Soul, #3) by C.L. Wilson 10/16/12

1/2

message 34: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Wonderful, Alissa & Shay!! Welcome to the challenge. Alissa, are you doing 3 or 2?

message 35: by Carrie (last edited Oct 31, 2012 05:51PM) (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) I'm going to do 4, and read a book from Melissa's shelf. (Spice it up a bit, if that's alright)

Over in a Flash ~ Cover Hunt & Theme Challenge ~

4/4

Member Choosing: Melissa The Abduction of Julia (Rogues #1) by Karen Hawkins (Picked from her favorites) (Oct 11th)
COLOR: Pink! Belles (Belles #1) by Jen Calonita (Oct 31st)
HOLIDAY: Halloween Ward Against Death by Melanie Card (Oct 2nd)
ITEMS: Halloweenish The Nightwatch by Sergei Lukyanenko (Oct 10th)

The Abduction of Julia (Rogues, #1) by Karen Hawkins Belles (Belles, #1) by Jen Calonita Ward Against Death (Chronicles of a Reluctant Necromancer, #1) by Melanie Card The Nightwatch by Sergei Lukyanenko

message 36: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments That's great, Carrie! Looking forward to seeing what you choose. ☺

message 37: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 2081 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "The series."

lol

message 38: by Susie (new)

Susie | 140 comments I"m in - looks like fun :-)

Colour
Holiday
Item

message 39: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Reuben (alysonreuben) | 28 comments Catherine wrote: "Alyson wrote: "Hi, Lisa and Melissa! I've been super busy with college and with my latest book release, and, because of that, I failed dismally at the last book challenge! Still, I'm going to give ..."

Catherine, they say brilliance borders on madness.;) Besides, you can never read too many books!

I started reading The Tea Rose last night, and it's interesting so far. Glad you added my book! Thanks!

message 40: by Brandilyn (new)

Brandilyn (brandilynrc) | 233 comments Okay my picks are up, I had to stretch a bit this month...

message 41: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Looks pink enough to me, Brandilyn! And "yes" on the palace/castle!

message 42: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Great, Susie! Welcome to the challenge.

message 43: by Lisa - (Aussie Girl) (last edited Sep 23, 2012 04:39PM) (new)

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 13013 comments Hi Susie, Great to see you here. Now we have two Aussies yay !!!

message 44: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 4 comments Count me in as well
Will post books when i work it out.

message 45: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 4 comments My Books i have now sorted

Pink - Head over heels Head Over Heels by Sara Downing
Holiday - Discovery of witches A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness

message 46: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 2081 comments Alyson wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Alyson wrote: "Hi, Lisa and Melissa! I've been super busy with college and with my latest book release, and, because of that, I failed dismally at the last book challenge! Still, ..."

thanks! I don't feel very brilliant at the moment! lol they also say chaos is a sign of intelligence! I have a very un-organised bedroom! lol so meybe I am secretly brilliant! lol :)

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 13013 comments Make that three Aussies... and another Lisa to add to our Goodreads World Domination!!! LOL.

message 48: by Sandra (last edited Sep 23, 2012 07:45PM) (new)

Sandra | 983 comments Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "Hi Susie, Great to see you here. Now we have two Aussies yay !!!"

Make that 4!

And Lisa Kay you haven't added me to the list Post #18 ;)

message 49: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (last edited Sep 23, 2012 07:51PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Four Aussies! And another Lisa for GR World Dom! Yay! Welcome to the challenge, Lisa R.

message 50: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Sandra wrote: "And Lisa Kay you haven't added me to the list Post #18 ;)"

Eeeeeeeppppppp! So sorry, Sandra! Fix now. ☺ Please forgive.

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.