Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Combination error

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

G.H.R. Parkinson has authored a book called 'Georg Lukács' and edited a book called 'Georg Lukács: The Man, His Work and His Ideas'. However, they are listed as different editions under this title: Georg Lukács: The Man, His Work And His Ideas. Admittedly, they are confusingly named.

message 2: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments OK, I've separated them and added a librarian's note which should prevent this from happening again.

message 3: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia Dickey Smith (sylviadickeysmith) | 4 comments Several of my books on Goodreads have been republished with new covers by a new publisher. I am trying to get the old covers taken off Goodreads and the new ones up--and have requested help, but evidently not in the correct way. Can anyone help me? The new covers are for Dance On His Grave, Deadly Sins Deadly Secrets, and Dead Wreckoning. The covers you now have listed for these are no longer available except as used. Dance on His Grave by Sylvia Dickey Smith Dance on His Grave by Sylvia Dickey Smith

message 4: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia Dickey Smith (sylviadickeysmith) | 4 comments Deadly Sins Deadly Secrets Deadly Sins, Deadly Secrets by Sylvia Dickey Smith

message 5: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia Dickey Smith (sylviadickeysmith) | 4 comments Dead Wreckoning by Sylvia Dickey Smith

and perhaps I just fixed my own issue! Duh!

message 6: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5524 comments Sylvia wrote: "and perhaps I just fixed my own issue! Duh!"

How did you do that?

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 32617 comments Mod
Sylvia wrote: "I am trying to get the old covers taken off Goodreads"

We do not remove published covers.

message 8: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia Dickey Smith (sylviadickeysmith) | 4 comments I clicked on the add book/author link right above this comment box.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I need more help with combinations. I added Betoni, which is the Finnish edition of Concrete. They should probably be combined. Then I added Marxin esteettiset katsomukset, which is the Finnish edition of The Philosophy Of Art Of Karl Marx. And one more: Jääkenttä is the Finnish edition of The Skating Rink. I so need to become a librarian soon.

message 10: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 2459 comments Got 9

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Vicky wrote: "Got 9" Thank you very much! And apologies for adding them up wrongly.

message 12: by Violetta (new)

Violetta | 479 comments Sylvia wrote: "and perhaps I just fixed my own issue! Duh!"
So the book covers with the burning building, lighthouse, and ship's mast, ARE the covers you wanted up?