Indie Book Club discussion

Marketing > Harper Voyager accepting unsolicited submissions

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe you all knew about this already, but I found out that Harper Voyager is accepting unsolicited submissions in October. Here is the link to their webpage with all the info:

http://harpervoyagerbooks.com/harper-...

They've said:

"We’re seeking all kinds of adult and young adult speculative fiction for digital publication, but particularly epic fantasy, science fiction, urban fantasy, horror, dystopia and supernatural. For more idea of the type of books we love to read and publish, check out our authors and their titles at www.harpervoyagerbooks.com

"Submissions for digital originals will be open for a limited two-week period from 1st to the 14th of October, 2012."

Yes, they accept previously self-published work. It has to be full length, though - they want it to be at least 70,000 words. That excludes me! But hopefully some of you can submit.

Mona

message 2: by Jeffrey, Lentarian Fire Thrower (new)

Jeffrey Poole (Jaymikal) | 2287 comments Mod
Interesting. Thanks for letting us know, Mona. I'll go take a look.

Big J

message 3: by Steph (new)

Steph Bennion (stephbennion) | 178 comments I've just looked at this again and Harper Voyager received 4,563 submissions in two weeks. That'll keep their readers busy...

message 4: by Steve (new)

Steve Thomas | 198 comments And their shredders

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Steve wrote: "And their shredders"

Lol :)

message 6: by Steph (new)

Steph Bennion (stephbennion) | 178 comments Hi all,

An update has been posted on the harpervoyager website, which confirms it is taking longer than anticipated to plough through all the submissions. A pleasant surprise is that all submissions will now get a response, instead of just the successful ones...

"...So, we are changing our policy and will indeed be responding to each and every submission. The first wave of responses will go out in January. If you do not hear anything via email, your submission is still being considered, and is still in consideration until you receive a response. We will also do an update in mid January to let you know how far along we are in the process..."

The original deadline for responses was 15 January, but it seems the lucky few will have to wait a little longer than that...