Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > What is Your Favorite Book that Has Been Made Into a Movie?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jan Bethel (new)

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 108 comments I'm looking for some good books that have been turned to movies. Any suggestions?? :)

message 2: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I think the most recent one for me is The Hunger Games.

message 3: by Jan Bethel (new)

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 108 comments Gisbelle wrote: "I think the most recent one for me is The Hunger Games."

I haven't had the chance to read The Hunger Games yet but I'm really looking forward to reading it. :)

message 4: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments In that case, I think you should read the book first since in the movie, some scenes have been changed/cut. Like some characters you read in the book were not included in the movie.

message 5: by Jan Bethel (new)

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 108 comments Really?? I really don't like it when that happens.. I really have to get my mom buy me the Hunger Games Trilogy Set.. ahaha! ;D

message 6: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments lol... you'll see for yourself then. I hate that too.

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie (katiehodgkinson) I love love loved Northern Lights (His Dark Materials, #1) by Philip Pullman (or 'The Golden Compass' as Americans call it) it was such an amazing book, but I was THOROUGHLY disappointed with the film. It was poorly acted, poorly cast - I mean Mrs Coulter in the book had black hair but suddenly in the film she had bright blonde hair *head desk*, and it was just a really crap take and missed EVERYTHING out!

message 8: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Katie wrote: "I love love loved Northern Lights (His Dark Materials, #1) by Philip Pullman (or 'The Golden Compass' as Americans call it) it was such an amazing book, but I was THOROUGHLY disappointed with the film. It was poorly acted,..."

I hate it when the movie is different from the book!

message 9: by Jan Bethel (new)

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 108 comments Katie wrote: "I love love loved Northern Lights (His Dark Materials, #1) by Philip Pullman (or 'The Golden Compass' as Americans call it) it was such an amazing book, but I was THOROUGHLY disappointed with the film. It was poorly acted,..."

Oooohhh! I'm gonna check that out! Thanks! :D

message 10: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Has anyone seen The Perks of Being a Wallflower yet?
I'm taking my teen next week! I can't wait!

message 11: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Trisha wrote: "Has anyone seen The Perks of Being a Wallflower yet?
I'm taking my teen next week! I can't wait!"

Not yet! But I am going to wait until I finish read the book. So maybe by that time the DVD has already come out XD

message 12: by Jan Bethel (new)

Jan Bethel (jan_bitz) | 108 comments Trisha wrote: "Has anyone seen The Perks of Being a Wallflower yet?

Read the book halfway. I didn't really like the book but the movie looked great so I am planning to watch it! :D

message 13: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Did you guys see the trailer for Fat Kid Rules the World?? I just read the book - I think the movie looks great!!! :)

Oh, and I'm going to The Perks of Being a Wallflower Tuesday, so fingers crossed it's good :)

message 14: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult and then the movie went and KILLED it!!!

message 15: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Trisha wrote: "Did you guys see the trailer for Fat Kid Rules the World?? I just read the book - I think the movie looks great!!! :)

Oh, and I'm going to The Perks of Being a Wallflower Tuesday, so fingers cross..."

I wish the movie is good too :) I plan to read the book and then watch the movie.

message 16: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Vicki wrote: "My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult and then the movie went and KILLED it!!!"

I haven't read the book, but the movie was so good. I cried like a baby.

message 17: by Natalia (last edited Oct 08, 2012 09:13AM) (new)

Natalia Heaney | 17 comments My vote goes to Tomorrow, When the War Began (Tomorrow, #1) by John Marsden A group of high schoolers go on a camping trip, and when they come back they discover their country has been invaded and their families are in prison camps.

The book and movie are not the same – it quite simply isn’t possible for that to happen – but I liked both. In this case, things had to change because the book is twenty years old, and in the original version there were no mobile phones or computers or internet or anything. So they kept the essence of the story but added some technology and stuff like that.

I’m going to have to admit I really disliked The Lord of the Rings (Lord of the Rings #1-3) by J.R.R. Tolkien but I think the movies are beautiful. I just couldn’t get past all those boring hobbit scenes at the start! They did an excellent job cutting out all the boring parts and ramping-up all the interesting parts for the movies.

message 18: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Natalia Heaney wrote: "My vote goes to Tomorrow, When the War Began (Tomorrow, #1) by John Marsden A group of high schoolers go on a camping trip, and when they come back they discover their country has been invaded and their familie..."

Thank you! I'd never even heard of the top one and it's available on netflix as an instant watch! Guess I know what I'll watch today! :)

message 19: by Onie (new)

Onie Thomas | 26 comments I'll go with Pride & Prejudice. Awesome book and equally awesome movies with many versions to choose from.

message 20: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Onie wrote: "I'll go with Pride & Prejudice. Awesome book and equally awesome movies with many versions to choose from."

Agree :) It's very romantic also :D

message 21: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Mine would have to be.....The Help."

I never watch the movie or read the book :D I saw the book once in the library :) Maybe I can borrow and try it out!

message 22: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Oct 16, 2012 10:46PM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "Mine would have to be.....The Help."

I loved The Help too! Great book!

I saw The Perks of Being a Wallflower tonight! GREAT MOVIE!!! I took my teen and we both loved it!

I can't wait to see Life of Pi even though it sounds like they've added some stuff

and

Cloud Atlas was an amazing book but looks likes it's going to be an amazing movie too!

message 23: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Oct 16, 2012 10:47PM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments also The Host looks good!!

We have a great bunch of books turned to movies coming out that look pretty good!!

message 24: by P.J. (new)

P.J. Young (pjyoung) | 16 comments Definitely Atonement ... although I REALLY can't wait to see Life of Pi - no idea how they will get the tiger to stay in the boat!

message 25: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Trisha wrote: "Has anyone seen The Perks of Being a Wallflower yet?

Haven't.. I wasn't able to watch :| but the book is so good! I could relate on it.

message 26: by Jojobean (new)

Jojobean | 675 comments Angels and Demons

message 27: by Anne (new)

Anne | 24 comments The Princess Bride

message 28: by Beatrice (new)

message 29: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Beatrice wrote: "Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen"

looked it :) Bryce was so cute!

message 30: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) He is! Especially on basket boys .... lol

message 31: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Vicki wrote: "My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult and then the movie went and KILLED it!!!"

I cried on this movie. Thumbs up!

message 32: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I cried also... when they shaved their head...and the trial. A very emotional movie

message 33: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Beatrice wrote: "He is! Especially on basket boys .... lol"

Yes... I loved when he raised his eye brows :) So cute!

message 34: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) He flipped :)))

message 35: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Confessions of a Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #1) by Sophie Kinsella
the series is better.. the movie... I hate it.

message 36: by Megan (new)

Megan Brooker | 490 comments I loved the adaptation of the first Chronicles of Narnia book, I still remember it vividly even though I was probably twelve or thirteen when it came out.

message 37: by Whitney (new)

Whitney Boatright | 578 comments One for the money by Janet evanovich :) I know that's not really a young adult book but still the book was WAY BETTER

message 38: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melanie_yamidnightreads) The Help book and movie both made me cry, they were that good and Percy Jackson, the movie was the worst ever

Shuhan [On Leave] (Inyourclosetinyourhead) Harry Potter Boxed Set (Harry Potter #1-6) by J.K. Rowling i luv harry potter. the fault about daniel radcliff is the way harry potter's supposed to have green ieyes but daniel has blue. (when i re-read the book, it said so and i started scrutinizing my poster on my bedroom wall)

message 40: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments have you guys seen that Significance (Significance, #1) by Shelly Crane is being made into a movie?!?!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2569202/?...

message 41: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Oh really? I haven't read the books yet :D

message 42: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 672 comments Harry Potter, but some movies sucked in the series(like the sixth one)

The Lord of the Rings was an amazing movie adaptation but they left out some parts here and there.. :\

PS I love You is an amazing book but they killed the movie. The movie was good but completely different from the book :|

And Perks of Being a Wallflower was a really good adaptation in my opinion :)

message 43: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Harshini WatchMeRead wrote: "Harry Potter, but some movies sucked in the series(like the sixth one)

The Lord of the Rings was an amazing movie adaptation but they left out some parts here and there.. :\

PS I love You is an a..."

I have the same feeling on the 6th one. Half Blood Prince has the best plot among the series (books).

message 44: by Purvika (new)

Purvika (frostybells) They ommited many crucial things in all HP movies... For me it was a disaster.... Esp. Deathly hollows 2 and half blood prince

message 45: by Sheng (new)

Sheng Trisha wrote: "have you guys seen that Significance (Significance, #1) by Shelly Crane is being made into a movie?!?!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2569202/?..."

I agree with Trisha!

message 46: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Augusti wrote: "They ommited many crucial things in all HP movies... For me it was a disaster.... Esp. Deathly hollows 2 and half blood prince"

I agree with the Half Blood Prince. I'm not into HP Deathly Hallows pt.1 though.. it's just *sighs*
I like the part 2.

message 47: by kirstin ✿ (new)

kirstin ✿ (shoutohdoroki) Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, The Hunger Games. Those three are epic.

message 48: by Mercy (new)

Mercy Cortez (mercy-cortez) | 31 comments Im pre empting this because i god damn love The Host so much i could go and it be ruined and i would still love the movie...

So, The Host

message 49: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Kirstin wrote: "Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, The Hunger Games. Those three are epic."

Never watched/read Lord of the Rings, but loooooved HP & HG :D

message 50: by kirstin ✿ (last edited Mar 26, 2013 08:42AM) (new)

kirstin ✿ (shoutohdoroki) Gisbelle wrote: "Kirstin wrote: "Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, The Hunger Games. Those three are epic."

Never watched/read Lord of the Rings, but loooooved HP & HG :D"

Ohh, LOTR is a very looong read. And you need a dictionary beside you lol. Watch it! IT'S EPIC. I'm telling you.

Another one, Game of Thrones. Even though it's not a movie but a TV show. Still, a great adaptation!

« previous 1