Indie Book Collective discussion

Help > Has anyone done the pay per click adds

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tina (new)

Tina Smith (tinasmith) | 46 comments I was looking into doing pay per click adverts on goodreads.
Has anyone here done it. Was it worth while?
How much did you spend?

message 2: by Xavier (new)

Xavier Edwards (xavieredwards) | 176 comments I've got a campaign running at the moment, where I'm paying the absolute minimum per click and have it running until the amount I've paid is used up.

I don't know if I'm allowed to mention the CTR, but I'm using it to raise my profile -- pointing it at my author page here on GR rather than to any individual book.

As to how effective it is, I don't really know yet, no one has mentioned finding me from the ads and the new interest I'm getting is on par with word of mouth and my other efforts. I guess I'll see in the next few weeks how well it's worked.

message 3: by Ella (new)

Ella Dominguez (elladominguez) I also use it in conjunction with my give away. I can say I have seen a massive increase in the number of books added, but that might also just be from the give away alone or both. In the months' time I have used GR advertising, I have had 740 clicks on my add and 530+k total views. My sales last month to this month more than tripled as well so for me its been positive and I plan on dropping my monthly amount of advertising to less than $30 starting in October. Its definitely worth a try. At first, you have to sort of fiddle with the settings until you get it right. Feel free to ask me any questions as it can be a bit confusing at first.

message 4: by Bryn (new)

Bryn Hammond (brynhammond) Yes, I just began these, and am happy as with them. Mind you, my books were getting no attention, nothing happening, zip, zero. At least a few people have clicked through and seen us. Frankly I didn't expect much, since I never used to click on ads (I do now, I'm conscious of them now). Seems cheap to me, 50c for a click. You can cap your spend, it's safe. Besides, it's been fun to make up the ads.

My ads have run three days, I've had 20 clicks, so spent $10. Er, four or five people have added a book from the ads. Beats nothing.

message 5: by Ella (new)

Ella Dominguez (elladominguez) Bryn wrote: "Yes, I just began these, and am happy as with them. Mind you, my books were getting no attention, nothing happening, zip, zero. At least a few people have clicked through and seen us. Frankly I did..."

I only run my add at 0.10 cents per click. I did the 0.50 cent click as well and have noticed NO difference in the amount of clicks by decreasing it and I feel I get better use of my limited funds.

message 6: by Bryn (new)

Bryn Hammond (brynhammond) Ella wrote: "I only run my add at 0.10 cents per click. I did the 0.50 cent click as well and have noticed NO difference in the amount of clicks..."

thanks for the info, that's useful

message 7: by Bryn (new)

Bryn Hammond (brynhammond) A week into the experiment.
My popular ad is the one that screams 'free'. But the clicks do less for me, than other ads. -I'm going to turn that one down to 20c or 10c, as per Ella above.

One is tightly targeted, to 'specific authors': that gets a fraction of the views of the others, but way outperforms them in click-rate. Happy to keep that one at the default 50c.

message 8: by John (new)

John (jlmanning) | 14 comments I used Facebooks payperclick I got 300 fans from it but it didn't improve sales.
Buy fans is cheaper, but not just any fans, like I did. Yes I did gain exposure. I found sites that give options of what kind of fans you want. It is more expensive. I think the reason you may not want to buy fans is because they aren't "Active Fans" but you will get more exposure.
My two cents.
@jl_manning