Making Connections discussion

ARCHIVES > Subscription Drive offer for authors

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (last edited Sep 21, 2012 07:07PM) (new)

Jennifer Lafferty | 146 comments The first 30 authors who agree to subscribe to my Examiner literary column, http://www.examiner.com/books-in-litt... will be featured in a column, in the form of an interview. I will interview you about a specific book or do an author profile whichever you prefer. I will also interview you for my goodreads blog. The subscription is free. You will just receive an alert when I publish a new column.

Please reply to this post if interested.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Your site is really cool....I'd love to sign up. Let me know what to do!
Kristi Jones

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Lafferty | 146 comments Great! Just click on subscribe. Let me know once you've subscribed and I'll put your name on the list for an interview. And let me know if you'd prefer an author profile or an interview about a specific book?

Thanks

message 4: by Lee (new)

Lee Cushing | 34 comments Just subscribed and this sounds like a good idea - An interview would be preferable.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Jennifer wrote: "Great! Just click on subscribe. Let me know once you've subscribed and I'll put your name on the list for an interview. And let me know if you'd prefer an author profile or an interview about a spe..."

Okay, I subscribed! Thanks so much!
Kristi

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Lafferty | 146 comments Thanks Lee I'll add you to the list. I'm planning to send out interview questions at the beginning of the week.

message 7: by Francene (new)

Francene Carroll | 26 comments This sounds like a great opportunity! I just subscribed. I'd prefer an interivew.
Thanks,
Fran

message 8: by Harrison (new)

Harrison Davies (harrisondavies) | 29 comments Subscribed...an interview would be wonderful.

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Lafferty | 146 comments Thanks Francene and Harrison! I've got you both down for interviews. Look for the interview questions next week:)

message 10: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Armstrong (deboraharmstrong) | 22 comments Jennifer - Great idea! Thank you. I have subscribed.An interview would be nice.
Deb

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Lafferty | 146 comments Thanks Deborah! I should be able to do the interview by the end of next week. Is there a specific book you want to be interviewed about?

message 12: by Michael Cargill (new)

Michael Cargill Cargill (michaelcargill) Hello dearest, kindest Jennifer of Goodreads.

I subscribed as requested, and I'm currently squealing with a girlish delight at the prospect of being featured by your good self.

If I'm one of the chosen disciples, I reckon I'd go for an interview about my book called Underneath.

May I suggest that one, lucky winner also has their picture framed somewhere in your house? If you're willing to let us choose the room we are hung in, I'd go for the hallway.

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Lafferty | 146 comments Thanks Michael! I'll be glad to interview you about "Underneath". I'll get the questions to you by the first of October.

message 14: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Armstrong (deboraharmstrong) | 22 comments Jennifer wrote: "Thanks Deborah! I should be able to do the interview by the end of next week. Is there a specific book you want to be interviewed about?"

I only have one available right now - Forever Love.
Contemporary Romance.

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Lafferty | 146 comments Great Deb, I'll prominently feature "Forever Love" in the interview, thanks.

message 16: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Muckley | 18 comments Hi, I have just subscribed and would love to be involved! My book is The Loss of Deference

Thanks, Michelle

message 17: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Lafferty | 146 comments Michelle wrote: "Hi, I have just subscribed and would love to be involved! My book is The Loss of Deference

Thanks, Michelle"

Thank you so much, Michelle! I'll be glad to interview you about "The Loss of Deference". I'll send you the questions by the first week in October:)

message 18: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Muckley | 18 comments That's great.

If it would at all be possible,could the interview be released in late October? (although more than happy to actually do it soon) I ask only because by that time I will have my website up and running and my current blog will have had it's fancy makeover :-) in preperation for my new book which will be out before christmas.

You can check out my current blog if you like, which is currently hosting twenty five other authors in a 'back to school' september author promotion month. I would be more than happy to share blog space with you once my blog has been revised in October too, if you would like to.

http://www.michellemuckley.blogspot.com
Thanks
Michelle

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Lafferty | 146 comments Michelle wrote: "That's great.

If it would at all be possible,could the interview be released in late October? (although more than happy to actually do it soon) I ask only because by that time I will have my websi..."

Sure that's fine. I'll put you down for the last week in October. And I'd love to be featured on your blog. Thanks!

message 20: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Ochart (nicoleochart) | 9 comments This is a great idea. I just subscribed to your page. :) I would also prefer an interview. Thanks.

Nicole Ochart

message 21: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Lafferty | 146 comments Nicole wrote: "This is a great idea. I just subscribed to your page. :) I would also prefer an interview. Thanks.

Nicole Ochart"

Great Nicole, thanks! Would you like for me to interview you about a specific book?

message 22: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Ochart (nicoleochart) | 9 comments Well I am not sure how it all works, but my book is Immoral Love. Just let me know what we do next. :)

message 23: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Lafferty | 146 comments Nicole wrote: "Well I am not sure how it all works, but my book is Immoral Love. Just let me know what we do next. :)"

I'll be glad to interview you about "Immoral Love". You can expect to receive the questions by the first week in October. Thanks

message 24: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Ochart (nicoleochart) | 9 comments Thank you. I look forward to it. :)

message 25: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Lafferty | 146 comments I've had a great response to my subscription drive. But there are still plenty of slots left. It's a great opportunity for authors to be interviewed on both Examiner and my goodreads blog in exchange for subscribing to my Examiner column, http://www.examiner.com/books-in-litt... free of charge.

message 26: by Dexter (new)

Dexter Morgenstern (dexkwondo) | 15 comments Hey Jennifer, I just subscribed, and I would prefer and interview in your column. Thanks!

message 27: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Lafferty | 146 comments Dexter wrote: "Hey Jennifer, I just subscribed, and I would prefer and interview in your column. Thanks!"
Thanks Dexter! Is there one specific book you'd like to discuss?

message 28: by Dexter (new)

Dexter Morgenstern (dexkwondo) | 15 comments Yes, it'sFelix Faust and it is the first of an outline four-book series.

message 29: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Lafferty | 146 comments Dexter wrote: "Yes, it'sFelix Faust and it is the first of an outline four-book series."

Great, I'll send you the questions in the next few days.

Thank you

message 30: by Anna (new)

Anna Birkenstock | 1 comments Hi Jennifer,
I just subscribed. I would love an interview about my new illustrated children's ebook http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16...

Thank you very much!

message 31: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Lafferty | 146 comments Anna wrote: "Hi Jennifer,
I just subscribed. I would love an interview about my new illustrated children's ebook http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16...

Thank you very much!"

Thanks Anna! I'll be glad to interview you. I'll get the questions to you by the end of the week.

message 32: by Wayne (new)

Wayne Cain Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for the opportunity. I have just subscribed and would love to have you interview me about my book.

"On Guard for Thee (War and Strife in 1812)"

Thanks,
Wayne Cain

message 33: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Lafferty | 146 comments Wayne wrote: "Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for the opportunity. I have just subscribed and would love to have you interview me about my book.

"On Guard for Thee (War and Strife in 1812)"

Thanks,

Thank you, Wayne. Sure I'll be glad to interview you about "On Guard for Thee (War and Strife in 1812)" I'll send you the questions by the end of the week.
Wayne Cain"

message 34: by Ella (new)

Ella Dominguez (elladominguez) I just subscribed. I look forward to your interview about my debut novel The Art of Submission and thank you.

message 35: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Lafferty | 146 comments Ella wrote: "I just subscribed. I look forward to your interview about my debut novel The Art of Submission and thank you."

Thanks Ella. I'll get the questions to you by the beginning of next week.

message 36: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Duder (thomasduder) ANNNND I subscribed~! :D I'd really like to interview with you, especially since we're on the onset of The Generalist - Taboo 1: Where's the Beef?! being made FINALLY available for sale!

I'm the newest subscriber, thatbastardfb@gmail.com. I sincerely hope to hear from you!

~Thomas Duder

message 37: by Rustin (new)

Rustin Petrae (rustinpetrae) | 96 comments I would like to sign up as well. I'm a new self-published author and need all the free publicity I can get my hands on. Thanks. I will subscribe right now.

message 38: by Rustin (new)

Rustin Petrae (rustinpetrae) | 96 comments I have subscribed. I would like to do an author profile.

message 39: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Lafferty | 146 comments Thomas wrote: "ANNNND I subscribed~! :D I'd really like to interview with you, especially since we're on the onset of The Generalist - Taboo 1: Where's the Beef?! being made FINALLY available for sale!

I'm the ..."

Thanks Thomas. I'll be glad to interview you. I will send you the questions via Goodreads within the next few days.

message 40: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Lafferty | 146 comments Rustin wrote: "I have subscribed. I would like to do an author profile."

Thanks Rustin. I'll get the interview questions out to you by Wednesday.

message 41: by Rustin (new)

Rustin Petrae (rustinpetrae) | 96 comments Thanks Jennifer.