Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > How do I correctly attribute a book to an author?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katy (new)

Katy (katyhuthjones) | 19 comments Navajo Code Talkers: Native American Heroes 0936389524 (ISBN13: 9780936389523) is one of my early books that I wrote under the name Catherine Jones. Because it's a fairly common name I have since decided to write everything as Katy Huth Jones, and that is the name of my Goodreads Author Page. Navajo Code Talkers is being attributed to a different Catherine Jones. Is it possible to change this? Thank you.

message 2: by Olivia (new)

Olivia McCloskey (brewingupbooks) | 7 comments I've changed the author name to Katy Huth Jones.

message 3: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Did you write any other books under the name Catherine Jones, or just that one?

message 4: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Olivia, since the books were originally published under the name "Catherine Jones", that name should remain as the primary author. "Katy Huth Jones" should be added as a secondary author.

I've disambiguated a Catherine Jones to point to your actual author profile, here:
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

message 5: by Katy (new)

Katy (katyhuthjones) | 19 comments Thank you, Cait. The only other book I wrote as Catherine Jones was part of a reading series and is not listed on Goodreads. I do have a short story in the anthology Mistletoe Madness 0971834822 (ISBN13: 9780971834828) and wondered how it was possible to give all the authors in that book credit on Goodreads. :)

message 6: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments I can add you as a contributor to that anthology, and the other contributors as well if you have a list of them. As Katy Huth Jones, yes?

message 7: by Katy (new)

Katy (katyhuthjones) | 19 comments I was still writing as Catherine Jones then. The other contributors are authors Cassandra Reigel Whetstone, Mary Cronin, Carla Joinson, Gloria Singendonk, Valerie Hunter, Deborah Nigro, Paula Miller, Lucia de Leon, Ardeen Fredrick, Tricia Mathison, Marion Tickner, Linda Joy Singleton, Marcia Strykowski, Christine Gerber Rutt, Luise van Keuren, Kay LaLone, Joanne Linden, Lois Miner Huey, Dorothy Baughman, Susan Meyers, L. C. Mohr, Carol J. Rhodes, Nanette Thorsen-Snipes, Barbara Hollace, Charles Trevino, Rusty Fischer, Leslie Carmichael, Eugina White, Velia M. Rolff, Karen A. Carpenter, Jessica Anderson, Donna Bowman Bratton, and Elizabeth O. Dulemba. The illustrators other than Elsbet Vance are Agy Wilson, Elizabeth O. Dulemba, Terri L. Sanders, and Regina Kubelka. Thank you! :)