Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) Clockwork Prince discussion

What happens when Jem dies?

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Laura Assuming that Jem dies, will Tessa go running back to Will. I mean if Jem does die (prob wont happen but . . ) and Will lives, would Tessa just like marry will?? Give up on love??

message 2: by Jennifer (last edited Sep 21, 2012 05:20PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer I don't think Jem will die but if he does I don't think Tessa would run to Will and Will wouldn't let her. Too much guilt. Way too late.

Clara I don't want Jem to die, but I do want Tessa and Will to be together.

message 4: by FB (new) - rated it 5 stars

FB Jennifer wrote: "I don't think Jem will die but if he does I don't think Tessa would run to Will and Will wouldn't let her. Too much guilt. Way too late."

I agree with that.

Emma I really don't want Jem to die! Because then will wouldn't want to be with tessa. How it has to go is: jem falls in love with someone else so he isn't heartbroken when tessa tells him she loves will, then they all live happily after ever! :)

Gabby Jem Better not die. Cassandra would have a Very unhappy fan if she killed him off.

Chisom Emma3501 wrote: "I really don't want Jem to die! Because then will wouldn't want to be with tessa. How it has to go is: jem falls in love with someone else so he isn't heartbroken when tessa tells him she loves wil..."

i highly doubt that any of that would happen since Jem really loves Tessa and it seems highly unlikely to just suddenly love somebody else or completely be happy being left by your wife so she can be with your best friend/parabitia. imagine if it was Will and he suddenly just loved somebody else. that would really suck balls if you asked me :( this situation is just so impossible!

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 22, 2012 06:51AM) (new)

no! i hate that people assume that if she can't have jem, she will just hop to will. she promised herself that neither she nor will would love the other should jem die. it wouldn't be right because then it would be like they got some sort of satisfaction out of his death. also, lets not count jem out so soon ok? hes a fighter and won't die easily.

message 9: by Greta (last edited Sep 22, 2012 07:18AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Greta Doesn't jem become a silent brother? It seems to be implied in the city of lost souls that that is hat happens.

Claudia the Night Owl HE WILL NOT DIE!I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT.

Inês Claudia(WildShadow) wrote: "HE WILL NOT DIE!I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT."

ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

what i was think of, though, is Jem would becom a silent brother after dead (idk if is that possible is just a crazy ideia i just have) and he would become Brothere Zecharia - BUT HE BETTER WONT DIE

Clara Did you mean he better "not" die, Inês?

Ashley Emma3501 wrote: "I really don't want Jem to die! Because then will wouldn't want to be with tessa. How it has to go is: jem falls in love with someone else so he isn't heartbroken when tessa tells him she loves wil..."

I couldn't agree more!

message 14: by AA (new) - added it

AA The Awesome I think On the off chance that Jem dies A few seconds befor Tessa would have broke up with him because if not there is a snippet From clockwork princess were will says if Jem dies he could not take Tessa because it would be like he was waiting for it to happen or enjoying it ( not the exact same words!) which leaves to believe that Jem dies and it's A bad case scenario that Tessa will live her life alone and heartbroken I guess
And by the way I don't think Jem dies because of sickness or his medicine are along this lines( as in because his health condition's ) because some people say that CC blogs that They find a … cure ( didn't see it myself but…)

-A

Shanita Akhtar Tessa truely loves Will, she's only with Jem because, Will didn't want her at the time, and because he's dying. and If he doesn't die, he will tell her to go to Will because she won't be able to love him like she loves Will.

Team Will&Tessaaaa.

message 16: by AA (new) - added it

AA The Awesome I TOTALLY AGREE

-A

Kaitlynn If Jem were to die, I think that Tessa would go running back to Will. She loves Will and it's crazy that she is putting Jem through the pain of loving someone that doesn't love him back. Tessa should break it off with Jem and go to Will.

Ashley Kaitlynn wrote: "If Jem were to die, I think that Tessa would go running back to Will. She loves Will and it's crazy that she is putting Jem through the pain of loving someone that doesn't love him back. Tessa sh..."

AGREED!

Jordan i don't think she's gonna end up marrying him. if you read the proposal again, you can tell she said yes out of guilt. in the clockwork princess i hope she just tells him the truth that she doesn't want to be with him that way. will and tessa HAVE to be together! i love how will was such a gentleman in the end when jem told everyone. i thought it was sweet! if jem dies, and assuming tessa married him, i don't think she'll be running after will, she does love jem, and will be suffering, but she doesn't love him as much as she loves will. i don't want him to die, but i don't think they will find a cure

Jordan Greta wrote: "Doesn't jem become a silent brother? It seems to be implied in the city of lost souls that that is hat happens."

hmmm.... i'll have to read city of lost souls again, cuz i dont remember that!

message 22: by AA (new) - added it

AA The Awesome Me niether but I think that would be perfect as long as Will goes with Tessa
-A

Jeddidiah Namiah Parico Okaaay, so thinking that Jem dies puts Tessa to go and love back Will. I'm in so much goldilocks situation here and I don't know what will happen next and I'm dying to know. If you know what I mean. :P

message 24: by S. (new) - rated it 5 stars

S. If Jem dies, Will is not going to take the chance to claim Tess. He's gonna feel too guilty about it,

don't know about Tessa though, I mean, she didn't have a problem kissing both boys behind their backs in Clockwork Prince. (okay, so maybe I'm still a little pissed at her for leading Jem on.)

Emily TEAM WILL

message 26: by Jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jess Jem should marry that maid girl who got hit over the face with the glass, because isn't she already in love with him?

Emily Jess wrote: "Jem should marry that maid girl who got hit over the face with the glass, because isn't she already in love with him?"

Have you read Clockwork Prince yet? Things will make a little more sense in regards to the maid after reading that.

message 28: by Jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jess Yeah

Summer I die. That's what will happen. :(

message 30: by J.D. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J.D. Field I think it's going to be a happy ending somehow, I just don't know how...

Ashley J.D. wrote: "I think it's going to be a happy ending somehow, I just don't know how..."

What do you mean by happy ending? Do you mean she'll end up with Will or she'll marry Jem?

message 32: by Ama (new)

Ama If Jem dies , i die. therefore he better not die (plus everyone would be extremely upset)

message 33: by Lynn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynn I have a feeling they might find a cure, even though it says there isn't one. I really wanted Tessa to be with Will, but I'll take Jem. Will wouldn't let her come to him if Jem dies, so I'm not sure what she'll do.

Hannah Jem will not die. but if he does, i will be heart broken. wait till March 19th and prove me wrong

message 35: by Kel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kel Uhhh hey to all u hardcore jem lovers. Personally, i feel that it was a tad unfair for Jem to propose to tessa. He has already accepted the fact that he will die (he told eveyone to stop looking for the cure) yet he still proposes to Tessa? Doesnt he realize that if he died she would never be able to be with Will (who she LOVES)because she would feel guilty. Now Im not eishing for Jem to die or anything, but really, Will and Tessa, hmmm they need a couple name... Tissa, Tilla, Wessa, Willa. So anywho, nowe im ranting and all i have to say is..... (Dramatic pause) TEAM WILL AND TESSA 4EVER.

LOL WE SOUND LIKE TWIHARDS

Ashley I agree with Shadowhunter04. And was it just me or did it sound like when Jem proposed to Tessa she wasn't happy but more shocked. It sounded (to me) that she was trying to talk him out of it. She kept saying stuff like "but you don't want to marry me" or something. I bet if Will proposed she would right off the bat say yes and be thrilled

Ashley Or at least I would be thrilled :)

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't think it was unfair for Jem to propose to her because he loved her and she clearly didn't make her feelings towards will public so it's not his fault. Also I kinda hate will, so...... I blame Tessa, but i still like her a billion times more then Clary :P

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Everyone who has read a book like this before knows, no matter how much you like jem, she is going to end up with Will.
so....sorry to burst your bubble jem-lovers but as much as i love him, and i do (i just love will more) there is no denying the trend in books and the fact that WILL AND TESSA WILL END UP TOGETHER. its just gonna happen.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Shadowhunterlover04 wrote: "Uhhh hey to all u hardcore jem lovers. Personally, i feel that it was a tad unfair for Jem to propose to tessa. He has already accepted the fact that he will die (he told eveyone to stop looking f..."
TOTALLY AGREE

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Maddie wrote: "Everyone who has read a book like this before knows, no matter how much you like jem, she is going to end up with Will.
so....sorry to burst your bubble jem-lovers but as much as i love him, and i..."

I know, and I hate 90% of authors for picking the sarcastic guy instead of the nice guy.