Read by Theme discussion

I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)
This topic is about I Am Number Four
Book Discussions > I Am Number Four, by Pittacus Lore

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy (terzahcain) | 40 comments I enjoyed this book about a teen alien who was evacuated from his planet to Earth with several other prodigies of the planet's powers. These youth were to be protected until they gained their "legacies" or powers in order to protect the Earth from the antagonist alien brood who destroyed their world.

Full of teenage themes like dealing with awkwardness, bullies, romance, and weird pets - this book also alludes to weightier themes like values, environmental politics, family, and responsibility.

I was also amused to discover that the author, pen named for a wise Lorien from their home world, is actually the same guy that Oprah blew to smithereens with her integrity meter live on her show years ago. I am happy he recovered and is enjoying a genre where he can escape that kind of criticism. If forgiveness is possible, he's asked for it in this line of story. Well done.

Varla Fiona (dory_42) This is on my to read list, but I think I will only get to it next year.

Melissa I liked this book and have the second book in the series on my to read pile on my desk.

I thought he told an entertaining story and I liked the characters. Even though it was an alien story it didn't mirror everything that had been done in the past with that genre.

I didn't realize that it was the Oprah guy until after I had read the book.

message 4: by Alison (new) - added it

Alison G. (agriff22) what's the second book in the series? i didnt know there was one!

message 5: by Amara, Group Creator (new)

Silver Aliens are not usually my thing, but I have to say that I enjoyed this one. I thought the author did a good job with so it did not come off as a typical alien type story. I liked the characters and found that it was a pretty entertaining read.

I am looking forward to the second one.

╟ ♫ Tima ♪ ╣ ♥ (tsunanisaurus) I'm waiting for this book from the library currently. I was hesitant to read it, not my usual type of genre. But, I'm trying to read more outside my norm so I'm trying it out. If the other 20 people ahead of me would just hurry up and finish it, haha. ;)

Jaclyn Harrison | 35 comments I did like the first book and was looking forward to The Power of Six. However, I thought The Power of Six was terribly written. The story could have been good, but it felt like reading a first draft. And the dialogue was PAINFUL to read. I wish they would have taken more time to edit before releasing it.