Making Connections discussion

ARCHIVES > Whats in a Name?

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justin (new)

Justin (JustinBienvenue) | 773 comments So I have noticed that when coming across peoples blogs and websites that they have creative and unique names for them. I myself have the bland unoriginal The Official Website of Justin Bienvenue..so I ask what goes in a website name? What experience do you all have those with sites. whats the meaning behind your sites name? I am looking into changing the name of my site to something more creative and represents me

Michael Cargill Cargill (MichaelCargill) | 133 comments I just used my name for the site.

People naturally choose the name before they start it, probably when they don't really have any idea what their blog is going to be about.

message 3: by Richie (new)

Richie Earl (richieearl) Hi Justin,

I am not the most experienced or prolific blogger and I know what you mean when trying to think of a suitable name for the site.

I have called one of my blogs Richie's Early Worm, incorporating my pen name Richie Earl. I'm not sure if this works as it doesn't really describe the content of the blog, but I liked the sound of it.

My other blog is from the perspective of a character named Gwayne who is an apprentice wizard in my first novel. This is called Gwayne's Box of Tricks.

I hope this gives you food for thought.

message 4: by Justin (new)

Justin (JustinBienvenue) | 773 comments Richie wrote: "Hi Justin,

I am not the most experienced or prolific blogger and I know what you mean when trying to think of a suitable name for the site.

I have called one of my blogs Richie's Early Worm, inco..."

Hey Richie,
It does help thanks. Basically you try to find a name that fits you. Something either about you that represents you or something with meaning or even something from a work such as you did. I think I might sit down and brainstorm and think of some names. I know alot of blogs have interesting names but I am not sure if the same goes for websites but I don't see why not.
Thanks for your input, much appreciated.