Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

V. Book Websites/Groups > Site for Site?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2163 comments I am looking to feature links to peoples sites on the sidebar of my website, in return all i ask is for anyone to do the same, a site for site if you will. If anyone is interested let me know by posting your link. If you wish to work together and feature on other things thats cool too. let me know anyone! Http://jbienvenue.webs.com/

message 2: by Lita (new)

Lita Burke (litaburke) I would also be interested in setting up and maintaining a blog roll on my site's sidebar to feature links to other webpages. I am looking for links to indie authors' and reviewers' sites; all I ask that I get a link back on your site's blog roll.

I'm at http://LitaBurke.com

Justin, Deanna, I'm going to start my blog roll with you.

message 3: by Lita (new)

Lita Burke (litaburke) Wordpress themes (most of them anyway) have already set aside places for sidebars or footers, where you can place everything from sign up for your blog, to blogroll links.

To set up a blogroll, sign in to you blog's admin area, go to the Dashboard, then follow the path Appearance -> Widgets -> Links. Click on the "Links" widget. Set up your Links widget and drag it to "Sidebar 1" or whatever area you want it to appear on your blog pages. Note that there might not be things you can configure with the Links widget (my current WP theme is that way).

To add links into your blogroll, from the Dashboard use the path Links -> Add New. Fill in the info about the link. I re-named my link category "Indie Blogroll." The Links widget will automatically put your links into your sidebar widget.

I'm picky about where and how things look on my blog site, so I experiment with placing widgets until the blog has the look I want.

Sorry about all the geek-speak. Hope this helps. Let me know if I can clarify.

Lita

message 4: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2163 comments Ill add you all tomorrow to my site. Gotta fix some stuff up anyways so ill be sure to add you all to my sidebar, thanks :)

message 5: by Lita (new)

Lita Burke (litaburke) Your blogroll looks great, Jaq!

message 6: by Justin (last edited Oct 02, 2012 11:21AM) (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2163 comments Deanna, Lita and Jaq I am now going to put your links on my site. :)

Jaq, I'm listing your blog as Goblins & Steampunk since that's what it shows unless you'd prefer me to use your name?

message 7: by Lita (new)

Lita Burke (litaburke) Deanna wrote: "@Lita, I noticed you have added me to your blogroll. Thank you. I'm also now following your blog."

Thanks Deanna!