Widow's Web (Elemental Assassin, #7) Widow's Web discussion

Gin and Owen - Together Again???

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Pamela Does anyone think Gin and Owen will get back together? Or will there be a new man in her life?

I get the feeling they won't be getting back together. He's too hung up on Salina.

Ferdy I'm hoping they won't get back together again because I don't think he'll get over Salina. I think he loves Salina too much, after everything she'd done to Gin, Eve, Philip he was still protecting her and putting her first.
I hope Gin gets with someone else, she can do much better than Owen. She deserves someone who doesn't let her down and who loves only her.

Pamela Ferdy wrote: "I'm hoping they won't get back together again because I don't think he'll get over Salina. I think he loves Salina too much, after everything she'd done to Gin, Eve, Philip he was still protecting ..."

Totally agree. It's just too bad because I thought he was the one for her. I was really peeved when he said that he couldn't trust her, yet he's the one who put her in the situation; not to mention lied to her. If he really loved her, he wouldn't need a break.

Adina  (myriadbooks) it broke my heart that they broke up. i want them to get back together but then Gin deserves better. At first i thought maybe Kincaid would have another love interest but that idea was crushed so who knows.......... Maybe she'll go head to head with another assassin and he'll like be a love interest *wink wink*
am i the only one who thinks that would be a cool book?

Pamela Shadylane wrote: "it broke my heart that they broke up. i want them to get back together but then Gin deserves better. At first i thought maybe Kincaid would have another love interest but that idea was crushed so w..."

Nothing wrong with "bad boys." I do think that would be cool.

Ferdy Shadylane wrote: "it broke my heart that they broke up. i want them to get back together but then Gin deserves better. At first i thought maybe Kincaid would have another love interest but that idea was crushed so w..."

I think it would be great if Gin had a love interest that was a fellow assassin..they could both be badasses together.
I'm sick of Gin being the one that always saves her friends and puts herself in the thick of danger for them, whilst they usually stand on the sidelines or just join in at the very end and shoot the bad guy when Gin's beaten and bloody and done all the hard work. At least with another assassin, they would risk themselves just as much.
Ugh, honestly anyone would be better than Owen. I'm still pissed that he dumped Gin in the end and wanted time away from her, after everything he'd done, it should have been Gin that dumped him. I hated that Gin told him she loved him and said she would wait, when it should have been the other way around.
It pisses me off that Gin is always the one who opens herself up to her 'lovers' and they end up treating her like rubbish. She needs someone who'll love her for who she is, she doesn't needs someone who claims they do and then turns around and acts all disapproving and disappointed in her actions..ugh. I hope Owen dies.

Stephanie Bolen Gin has to get beaten up, it's a running theme in the books. Gin fights calls Finn then wakes up after getting healed. Plus Gin is a caretaker, she may not see herself that way but she takes care of people. She wouldn't appreciate someone treating her to the pampering or helping her out. And anyone read the insert in Widow's Web, I think she's going to go to the party and Owen is going to be with someone else. Because he can't be with Gin because he can't handle the emotional baggage. He resents her for doing what he couldn't. He is guilty because he always but Salina before Eva even in the end. He is guilty because he didn't see that Salina was sick.
He's not strong enough to handle that.

Julia26 Pam wrote: "Does anyone think Gin and Owen will get back together? Or will there be a new man in her life?

I get the feeling they won't be getting back together. He's too hung up on Salina."

I think if they really are not getting back together it would take a lot of time for Gin to start something new! After all she said that she loved Owen and would always love him! So maybe not a love interest with someone else but merely sex.
I always liked Owen as a character but after Widow's web I'm disappointed in him!!

Patricia Even though I wasn't thrilled with the way the Owen behaved, no relationship is perfect and I hope that they work through this to make the relationship stronger.

I thought it was too easy when they go together so quickly in a book series. :-)

fabby i hope they don't i would love to read of her falling in love again and how this new person will take everything that always happens to her Owen was good for her but i would love somebody else

Hailey' I was rooting for them pretty hardcore,because he perused her showed her that who she was didn't bother him and he loved her for it but the story line with Selina just killed it for me. I'm so disappointed in Owen. He's totally different he's not the same guy he once was. If they do get back together cause Owen opens his eyes and "smells the roses" then I do hope Gin makes him work for it. I feel so bad for her how she puts herself out there and gets bashed every time.

Natalie I actually want Owen and Gin to get back together...and I kinda see where Owen is coming from with the break.

No relationship is perfect and both of them have made plenty of mistakes. Gin should have talked to Owen about her promise to his little sister or at least tried to talk to him about the truth behind Salina....but she didn't. She thought it would be better for him to figure it out himself. He was too blinded by his past and the lies that Salina wove around him to see the truth. He did make it clear to Salina that they're through and he loves Gin....but he didn't see her as the evil manipulative bitch that everyone else saw because she showed him someone else. So seeing the truth revealed in the end and having no time to come to grips with it....he was hurt by Gin killing her. I think, that given some time he will come to realize that she did in fact do the right thing and he will be greatful to the threat she took away from his family. More than anything though....he's angry at himself. He needs the time alone to work out his issues with himself over not being able to protect his baby sister or Gin. He feels like a failure.

So, yes, it would be very cool to read about a love interest with another assassin....but I don't see it being in the cards. I'm still on Owen's team....I think he'll make it up to Gin.

message 13: by Pamela (last edited Oct 04, 2012 08:06AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pamela Natalie wrote: "I actually want Owen and Gin to get back together...and I kinda see where Owen is coming from with the break.

No relationship is perfect and both of them have made plenty of mistakes. Gin should ..."

I think it was obvious that Owen wasn't going to see the truth as he lied to Gin. As for not realizing who Salina really is, he witnessed Salina's destruction at the party. Even after that he didn't want any harm coming to Salina. He preferred she just left town but everyone knew she wouldn't.

As for Gin not telling Owen the truth about why she killed Salina, she couldn't because she promised Eva and Gin always keeps her promises; and she didn't want Owen to look at Eva any differently, didn't want to destroy the brother-sister relationship. Also, since she is an assassin, she took care of it herself as she thought better her than anyone else. I believe everything Gin did was out of love for Owen and Eva, even if it's at the expense of her relationship with Owen.

Natalie Pam wrote: "Natalie wrote: "I actually want Owen and Gin to get back together...and I kinda see where Owen is coming from with the break.

No relationship is perfect and both of them have made plenty of mista..."

I agree with you that it was out of love for Owen and Eva. She thought she was doing the right thing...and so did he.

I think when Owen finally got to see who Salina truly is he didn't quite believe it. I think maybe he thought that the Salina he knew was truly in her somewhere and that she deserved the chance to receive help. I don't think he wanted to completely believe she was as evil as she really was. Love blinds people....even old love.

They both made mistakes....and they didn't actually break up...just taking a break. I'm hoping that their time apart will help them grow stronger and realize they need better communication. I think this little stumble in the road could actually make their relationship stronger....and I honestly prefer the more realistic relationships in the books I read. Because life isn't perfect.

Pamela I agree with you except for one thing: I don't think Gin is at any fault here for anything. Just Owen.

As for taking a "break" and not "breaking up," I think it depends on how long it takes him. Any longer than a month and I say dump him. Not being with Owen and not knowing when he's coming back is not fair to Gin at all. She's got a life to lead too.

We all agree though that Gin deserves much, much better as she's always putting herself out there and getting hurt. This has to stop.

Natalie I can see both sides of the coin on this one. I know Owen is mostly to blame for the resulting blow up...but I also think that maybe Gin shouldn't put herself out there so much. She has a big heart and always wants to help others....I think that's great. However, she tends to make any problem her problem without asking for help. She likes to carrying the burden alone even though she has a tremendous support team. That I don't agree with. She does deserve much better...but I don't think she'll ever get it until she can learn how to fully trust and be able to rely on her friends and family. They love her regardless and will be there to help her no matter what....but she doesn't fully see that. I don't think she thinks she deserves to be loved the way she is...and that is where the problem lies in my opinion.

So, Owen or no Owen....I don't think she'll ever do better until she can learn to trust the ones around her.

Pamela Natalie wrote: "I can see both sides of the coin on this one. I know Owen is mostly to blame for the resulting blow up...but I also think that maybe Gin shouldn't put herself out there so much. She has a big heart..."

I have to disagree because I believe that in the last couple of books, Gin's friends and family all came to support and help her which she accepted. They were all there together. This shows Gin has grown so much from the first book.

I think this also applies to her love life. Yes, at first she didn't think she deserved it, as she didn't put herself out there. However, this has changed. It was very obvious in "By a Thread." It's because she put herself out there in the last book showing Owen she loves him, by-passing Caine, that he also showed how much he loved her. That was courageous of her. Not to mention, I loved that part

I know, we could go on and on about this. I do love the discussions though. :)

Natalie I must agree with you! I have thoroughly enjoyed this debate.

I can see both sides of the coin again on this one. Yes, Gin has grown...and yes, I adored that scene in "By A Thread" as well. I still don't think she is fully utilizing the amazing support team she has. She does use them more and is more trusting...but I don't think she's fully there still.

However, after reading the preview first chapter and the synopsis for the next book....my prediction: I think that Fin and Bria are using this event to throw Gin and Owen back together. I don't think it'll be a happy reunion at first....but with the robbery that is described to take place, I think Owen will stand with her to the baddies on. I also think that there me be a point where Gin (as always) almost gets killed and he'll hopefully see what he might be losing. Yes, a very cliched ending to bring them back together...but it's just what I see possibly happening.

Who knows though?

Pamela Unfortunately we have to wait for quite a while until the next book. :(

Natalie I know:( Not very excited about that.

Melanie "I also think that there me be a point where Gin (as always) almost gets killed and he'll hopefully see what he might be losing. Yes, a very cliched ending to bring them back together...but it's just what I see possibly happening."

I think that something like that will happen, but I am hoping that Gin say that doesn't want him back yet. He seriously deserves to suffer, he acted like an IDIOT, almost like Donovan, what is hard to do, because he was the IDIOT of the IDIOTS. So if this happens, I hope she doesn't back to him. Or I hope she finds someone who loves her for who she is and really trusts her.

Angella I have a feeling that they may get back together Owen behavior toward Salina was somewhat understandable considering they did not have a ending to they relationship...don't get me wrong i was pive with Owen...also I do agree that gin should of told Owen about what his sister wanted to do.The difference with Owen and Salina vs gin and Donvan relationship was love/lust. Owen needs time to handle his grief,feeling hopefully he wouldn't take so long what gives me pause that they may not get back together is the fact that Owen never mention once or hit once that he once was in love and wanted to get married to someone else considering how much he clam to love gin. we'll see what happens in the next book

Dhfan4life Natalie wrote: "I actually want Owen and Gin to get back together...and I kinda see where Owen is coming from with the break.

No relationship is perfect and both of them have made plenty of mistakes. Gin should ..."

Wanted to say well said on your thoughts. I felt exactly as you did when I read Widow's Web. I was actually pretty glad to have a character like Salina introduced/cause a bit of a challenge for Owen and Gen. Simply because I felt like they came together much too quickly. And for whatever reason, with all the caution that Gen displayed with other characters in her life. She never seemed to be more questioning of Owen and his past.

And even when it came out that they had a similar past. I still wanted more. I mean we as the readers all knew that Mab and many other underworld bad guys was taking out people's parents and the like for whatever reason. So to me that didn't tell us all that much. But seeing Salina, and learning that he was serious enough to have been engaged and what not was really good to give him some depth. And even made Gen see that he had a REAL relationship and deeper feelings like that for someone. Unlike she kept harping about with Caine. So truly to me I think Salina added more to the story than ever.