Tips for Self Promotion, Sales, and Advertising discussion

Amazon Tips > What's Next

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Travis (new)

Travis Simmons | 3 comments So, I have formatted my book for kindle, I have uploaded it and ran a free promotion, I advertised the promotion and for a three day event I get 3372 downloads (not sure if this is high or not). I have been told that sale generally pick up after a free promotion, but I have only sold 2 (one before the event) and one was borrowed from a prime member. The free promotion ended on the 18th.

What's next? What should I do now to get those sales up? I hadn't tagged the book before, and I just did that now. Could that be the reason my sales didn't pick up? Because people couldn't find them? I keyworded it when I published it, so they should be able to find it that way. Maybe I should change the cover?

Any advice would be great. I am now working 6 days a week (but normally the 7th gets thrown in there too). A day for business and networking, a day (now) for promotion (just need more ideas), 2 days for editing projects, 2 days for writing new content.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Same thing here. I ran a two-day promotion, and a measly 129 copies were downloaded. Afterwards, three sales. I'm assuming it's just going to take a lot of time and patience. Unless something brings a lot of attention to it, which would be nice, but I don't know what that would be.

I've also played around with the idea of a new cover. Also, the tags at the bottom of the page.

message 3: by Travis (new)

Travis Simmons | 3 comments I have a site that really helped with promoting the freebee's here it is. http://adventurewithoutend.com/2012/0...

He gives an extensive list of people who let you post your giveaway on their stuff and some free blogs that will post it too and they have a reach up to 50,000 hits a month. He said he didn't pay for anything, so the pay sites I passed up. I guess I just have to wait now which I am bad at lol.