Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > delete book cover

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris Comish | 2 comments I am an author. I accidently uploaded the wrong cover for my book 45 Sintonizaciones de Reiki Gratuitas on Goodreads, Librarian please delete the current cover so I can upload the correct one, or adjust me to librarian status so I can do it.

message 2: by Olivia (new)

Olivia McCloskey (brewingupbooks) | 7 comments I deleted the cover for you. It may take several minutes for the change to show up.

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris Comish | 2 comments thank you

message 4: by Diana (last edited Sep 23, 2012 10:57AM) (new)

Diana Murdock | 17 comments I've been having the same issue - sort of. I have redone my book cover and I have created a new book as I was instructed. The problem is that I would like the new cover to be the primary cover. Can I either delete the old cover and replace it with the new one? Or can I take the ISBN # off of the old one and put it on the new cover so I can do a giveaway? Here are the links to both:

Old: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...

New: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16...

This is a major obstacle in my promotion so I hope you can help me resolve it.

I'd like to do that with the ebook as well.

message 5: by Paula (last edited Sep 23, 2012 11:58AM) (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments If you wish to enter a giveaway, you will need to contact GR Support via the help page

GR Librarians do not swap out ISBN's or delete valid covers

message 6: by Diana (new)

Diana Murdock | 17 comments Paula wrote: "If you wish to enter a giveaway, you will need to contact GR Support via the help page

GR Librarians do not swap out ISBN's or delete valid covers"

I understand that, and I am still waiting for a response from the help page, but the "old" cover is no longer valid. If you see on Amazon, I have changed both print and ebook covers.

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42441 comments Mod
It may no longer be for sale, but it is still perfectly valid.

message 8: by Beth (new)

Beth (bethjustbeth) | 1586 comments Malika wrote: "Librarians, My book is called Freedom of the Monsoon. Please can you change the cover back to it's original, which is the same as the paperback version?

Many thanks
Malika"

Malika-

I see where the cover was added, but not changed from the other image. Has it been released with two different covers? If so, I can add the other cover to an alternate cover edition.

message 9: by Diana (new)

Diana Murdock | 17 comments rivka wrote: "It may no longer be for sale, but it is still perfectly valid."

I think I understand your point, but how do I get exposure for the new cover? I think it is a huge improvement over the original and I think I will gain better exposure with the new one. I can't do another giveaway with the old cover. It's not hitting my target market. Any suggestions?

message 10: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42441 comments Mod
If it's causing an issue with a giveaway, please use the "contact us" link on the help page.

In general, when changing a cover (or making other major changes), you are better off with a new ISBN/ASIN, rather than re-using an old one. Far fewer data conflicts and confusions.