Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour
This topic is about Amy & Roger's Epic Detour
ARCHIVES > October 2012: Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

Comments (showing 1-27 of 27) (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Gisbelle | 27303 comments This thread is for the discussions on Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson.

If you include spoiler in your post, please let others know.

Gisbelle | 27303 comments Anyone has read, is reading or is going to read this book?

Rachel Gutierrez | 9 comments I am starting this book today. I cant wait to read it! Its been on my TBR list for a while so I hope I and everyone in the group will enjoy it!!!

message 4: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31379 comments just finished it last week. I can't wait to talk about it and see what everyone else thinks!

message 5: by Gisbelle (last edited Oct 06, 2012 11:22PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gisbelle | 27303 comments OMG... I have to read it as fast as I can. Now I am juggling 5 books :D Hope to finish one or two today.

Deepika (Deepika3) | 247 comments It's on my TBR :) Now I got a reason to read. Yayyyy!

Gisbelle | 27303 comments lol... I haven't started yet :) I'll read on Wednesday next week!

message 8: by Kassi (new) - added it

Kassi | 41 comments It's on my book list...haven't got it yet. Looks really good though!

message 9: by Gisbelle (last edited Oct 16, 2012 09:21PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gisbelle | 27303 comments I know... It's been on my tbr list for years.

Gisbelle | 27303 comments I am about 40% in the book now. It's getting pretty interesting.

Bekka | 5 comments I haven't started yet but I plan on reading it before the month is over.. Sounds interesting, looking forward to reading it.

Gisbelle | 27303 comments I am still reading it :D I should have finished the book sooner, but I kinda pause and read a few other books instead :)

Natalie (nattogo) I just finished this book. I thought it was pretty great. I mean, it didn't blow me away but, I liked it. Definitely going on a road trip now, haha.

message 14: by emily (new)

emily  cross | 40 comments I READ TO ESCAPE...AND IS JUST NOT WORKING ANYMORE.

Gisbelle | 27303 comments Natalie wrote: "I just finished this book. I thought it was pretty great. I mean, it didn't blow me away but, I liked it. Definitely going on a road trip now, haha."

Good! I hope to finish the book this weekend :)

Bekka | 5 comments Someone kick my butt if I haven't read this book by the weekend... I haven't been managing my time very well haha.

message 17: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Bekka wrote: "Someone kick my butt if I haven't read this book by the weekend... I haven't been managing my time very well haha."

Will do, Bekka! HAHAH
I'm starting this book today! I'm excited!

Deepika (Deepika3) | 247 comments I just finished it. AWESOME book! I soo wanna go on that detour!

Gisbelle | 27303 comments I am about 75% now :) Hope to finish it soon!

Gisbelle | 27303 comments Done reading :) And meh, just ok. Nothing special. I like the author's other book better, Second Chance Summer.

message 21: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31379 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Done reading :) And meh, just ok. Nothing special. I like the author's other book better, Second Chance Summer."

Yeah, that was my take on it too!! Exactly that...Meh. Nothing special, nothing new but a good story.

I actually liked the playlists and the doodles the most! LOL!

Gisbelle | 27303 comments Trisha wrote: "Gisbelle wrote: "Done reading :) And meh, just ok. Nothing special. I like the author's other book better, Second Chance Summer."

Yeah, that was my take on it too!! Exactly that...Meh. Nothing spe..."

Same here :)

Rachel Gutierrez | 9 comments I am done reading this book and I thought it was a great book!!!! I think that she did a great job of making Amy and Roger realistic. They aren't perfect and they struggle through there problems But they both work through it. I liked that aspect of the book. I also liked that there wasn't insta love on ether side. But that in the end they did fall for each other. I also want to take a road trip...how exciting would that be!!!!

Gisbelle | 27303 comments Great to hear that you enjoyed the book Rachel!

Bekka | 5 comments So I finally started (and finished) this book yesterday. I'm going to have to agree with Gisbelle/Trisha, the storyline wasn't spectacular and it was nothing that I haven't read before- But that being said it was just a nice fluffy read and it made me miss the summer time (Its so cold here!!) and now I really want to go on a road trip.

I did enjoy the added in 'playlists' too and I appreciate the authors music taste haha.

message 26: by Gisbelle (last edited Oct 27, 2012 06:24AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gisbelle | 27303 comments of course, Bekka :) it was an ok book for me. Sweet even, but not as good as I expected.

Bekka | 5 comments I agree, Gisbelle. I enjoyed it as a light read but yes I too was expecting more.