Stephen King Fans discussion

Sometimes Dead Threads Come Back > November Nominations: A book BY Stephen King

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, Constant Reader (last edited Sep 24, 2012 01:00PM) (new)

Angie | 2547 comments Mod
OK... so after we do this nomination we will be a schedule to where we want to be. Everyone will start having about a month to obtain the book we are going to read. So now we will be nominating for November and this time around it is a King book. Please look at the bookshelf (you can link to it on the homepage on the right) to see what books of King we have already read. We are trying to read all of them!!

Ok... start nominating!

So Far.....

Christine
Different Seasons
Desperation
The Dark Half
Dreamcatcher
The Green Mile
From a Buick 8
Regulators
Running Man
UR/The Tall Grass
Everything's Eventual

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 24 comments I nominate Christine.

message 3: by Janie (new)

Janie Johnson Is there any left? LOL

message 4: by C-Cose (new)

C-Cose Daley | 4 comments Janie wrote: "Is there any left? LOL"

Well I'm stumped to find a new SK that hasn't already been read by the group *pout* ....

message 5: by Chris , The Hardcase (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 1099 comments Mod
The books that we've read in the group are on this shelf: http://www.goodreads.com/group/booksh...

So anything that's not on there would work.

message 6: by C-Cose (new)

C-Cose Daley | 4 comments Chris wrote: "The books that we've read in the group are on this shelf: http://www.goodreads.com/group/booksh...

So anyth..."

Greetings Chris :)

Yep ... went through the whole list and it didn't help my stumpiness .... lol. I've read almost all that are on the read list ....

message 7: by Chris , The Hardcase (new)

Well, Christine is a good pick. Thanks, Jessica. So far you're the favorite to win. Heh...

message 8: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kcanty313) | 747 comments Different Seasons

message 9: by Janie (new)

Janie Johnson Well Desperation was previously nominated, can I nominate it again? If so I say Desperation

message 10: by Janie (new)

Janie Johnson Chris wrote: "The books that we've read in the group are on this shelf: http://www.goodreads.com/group/booksh...

So anyth..."

Oh ok I see now anything with group read we can't pick. Gotcha! :)

message 11: by Lee (new)

Lee (leeshirk) Since I don't see my favorite King book (besides the DT series) I must nominate...

The Dark Half

I absolutely love Thad and could read this book a thousand times. Hell I have probably read it ten times already! LOL

message 12: by Lee (new)

Lee (leeshirk) Janie wrote: "Well Desperation was previously nominated, can I nominate it again? If so I say Desperation"

I have to say I have not read this one surprisingly enough. I did however watch the movie and was fairly intrigued with it. I keep meaning to read it, but always seem to forget about it when shopping for a new book.

message 13: by Chris , The Hardcase (new)

This might help. I made a new bookshelf with eligible books on it.

http://www.goodreads.com/group/booksh...

message 14: by C-Cose (new)

C-Cose Daley | 4 comments Chris wrote: "This might help. I made a new bookshelf with eligible books on it.

http://www.goodreads.com/group/booksh......"

Thx Chris :)

My vote is for Dreamcatcher then :)

message 15: by Chris , The Hardcase (new)

You mean you're nominating it? Heh.

Looks like the poll will be Christine and all the books that start with "D".

message 16: by Janie (new)

Janie Johnson Lee wrote: "I have to say I have not read this one surprisingly enough. I did however watch the movie and was fairly intrigued with it. I keep meaning to read it, but always seem to forget about it when shopping for a new book."

I have read it but would love to read it again. IMO it was very good.

message 17: by Janie (last edited Sep 21, 2012 12:46PM) (new)

Janie Johnson C-Cose wrote: "Thx Chris :)

My vote is for Dreamcatcher then :)"

I could stand to read this one again too lol

message 18: by Tim (new)

Tim | 80 comments Kathryn wrote: "Different Seasons"

+1

message 19: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia F. (goodreadscomsnflwr5501) | 14 comments I would like to read 11/22/63! Since it happens in nov.

message 20: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (notrace) | 105 comments I would like to read The Green Mile.

message 21: by Holly (new)

Holly | 434 comments I'd like to nominate From a Buick 8. :)

message 22: by Ethan (new)

Ethan | 152 comments I nominate The Regulators. And if i ca nominate two i also nominate Dreamcatcher :P

message 23: by Chris , The Hardcase (new)

Just one nomination, but it works since Dreamcatcher has already been nominated.

message 24: by Chris , The Hardcase (new)

Cynthia wrote: "I would like to read 11/22/63! Since it happens in nov."

Oh, and we read this shortly after it came out.

message 25: by Ethan (new)

Ethan | 152 comments Okay cool. Two chances to win lol.

message 26: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) | 665 comments I'm hoping for Regulators or Desperation. :)

message 27: by Victor (new)

Victor Hmmm... Rage,Roadwork, or Running Man..........I'll have to say Running Man. I pretty much am okay with whatever besides Dreamcatcherbecause that was not my cup of tea.:( Some other day though.:)

message 28: by Victor (new)

Victor Chris wrote: "This might help. I made a new bookshelf with eligible books on it.

Thanks, Chris! Helps out a lot:)

message 29: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (yarnmama10) | 89 comments I vote for UR since it is the only one I haven't read yet and I also own it. Bonus!

message 30: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 609 comments I could go for Christine as I've yet to read it, or Dreamcatcher would be good because I was planning on re-reading that one in the colder months sometime anyway, and with the group would only enhance my reading :)

message 31: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Chris wrote: "This might help. I made a new bookshelf with eligible books on it.

good idea!

message 33: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Zink | 30 comments Here's one for you! In The Tall Grass. It is an ebook that looks to be out on October 9th, written by Stephen King and his son!

message 34: by Chris , The Hardcase (new)

Valerie the bookworm wrote: "Here's one for you! In The Tall Grass. It is an ebook that looks to be out on October 9th, written by Stephen King and his son!"

Since it's coming out in October and this is for November's book, I can see allowing it. For some reason I thought it was releasing later on when I did my shelves.

And yes, I know that it's already been out in Esquire. But I'm going by the ebook/audiobook release you mention so more people will be able to get it.

message 35: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Owen | 104 comments Dreamcatcher or the Regulators! :-)

message 36: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Zink | 30 comments Chris wrote: "Valerie the bookworm wrote: "Here's one for you! In The Tall Grass. It is an ebook that looks to be out on October 9th, written by Stephen King and his son!"

Since it's coming out in October and t..."

I hear you! I was going by e book as well and I have pre ordered it! Yay! :)

message 37: by Angie, Constant Reader (last edited Sep 24, 2012 01:00PM) (new)

Valerie the bookworm wrote: "Here's one for you! In The Tall Grass. It is an ebook that looks to be out on October 9th, written by Stephen King and his son!"

Is it a short story? I think UR is too though.. maybe I will have them together as a nomination so there is more to read that month!

message 38: by Marcus (new)

Marcus Steffanci I second Everything's Eventual

message 39: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Zink | 30 comments Angie wrote: "Valerie the bookworm wrote: "Here's one for you! In The Tall Grass. It is an ebook that looks to be out on October 9th, written by Stephen King and his son!"

Is it a short story? I think UR is to..."

Yes, it is. That would be a great idea to package them..

message 40: by Jessy (new)

Jessy (jessyanelfatheart) | 32 comments I nominate Black House just because it is my next book on my list of read throughs of King's books. If not that I also liked the idea of Dreamcatcher. I just finished this novel and would love to hear others views on it.

message 41: by Luis (new)

Luis | 18 comments I nominate From a Buick 8 because that book seems to be ignored by just about everyone.

message 42: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Luis wrote: "I nominate From a Buick 8 because that book seems to be ignored by just about everyone."

You should speak with Holly. I believe she's going to be read From A Buick 8 soon.:)

message 43: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) | 665 comments I really liked From A Buick 8!!

message 44: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Kathy wrote: "I really liked From A Buick 8!!"

I liked it a lot, too, Kathy.:)

message 45: by Victor (new)

Victor Dustin wrote: "Kathy wrote: "I really liked From A Buick 8!!"

I liked it a lot, too, Kathy.:)"

Hmmm. So From a Buick 8 is worth checking out?

message 46: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) | 665 comments It's definitely worth checking out, Victor!

message 47: by Victor (new)

Victor Kathy wrote: "It's definitely worth checking out, Victor!"

Thanks, Kathy!

message 48: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Luis wrote: "I nominate From a Buick 8 because that book seems to be ignored by just about everyone."

I agree.. it would seem to me that this is an ignored book (since I own it and have never read it!)

message 49: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Jessica wrote: "I nominate Black House just because it is my next book on my list of read throughs of King's books. If not that I also liked the idea of Dreamcatcher. I just finished this novel and would love to h..."

We have actually read this as a group before. :(

message 50: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Nominations are now closed... poll will be up soon!