LDS Ladies Book Club discussion

Lightning Tree
This topic is about Lightning Tree
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Closed Threads > Lightning Tree

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Meredith | 16 comments I just finished this book today, and while the genre is outside of my usual reading fare, I really liked it! I just wanted to recommend it because it's clean and engaging, and would make for a great discussion if it were chosen for an LDS book group.

Also, just wondering...what's the best really clean book you all have read lately? Just hoping to add to my list:)

message 2: by A. R. (new)

A. R. | 28 comments I just read "A Light Between Oceans" by M. L. Stedman, and thought it was very good. We are using in a book discussion next week. It is not an LDS novel, but well written, clean, and a good story. If you like Historical Fiction, "Lady of the Rivers" by Phillipa Gregory was also very good. I was nervous picking up one of her books because I wasn't sure about content, but it also was clean. And it was an interesting look at how women dealt with their roles in society at that time.

And then to be really brash and bold, I have a book that that I self-published available online through Barnes and Noble, Amazon, and Authorhouse, entitled "David's Song". (Author name is A.R. Talley) It is not overtly LDS, but has LDS characters and part of the story takes place at BYU. It's a realistic look at marriage and the challenges that one woman faces when she becomes disillusioned with how her marriage has developed. And it's clean! :)

Hope that helps!

message 3: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 2 comments I would highly recommend "Ella Minnow Pea" and "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society". I LOVED them both. Happy reading!

message 4: by Jane (new)

Jane McBride (janemcbride) I hope no one minds if I recommend my own. It came out Sept 4 and is called "A Little Hair of the Dog" and people seem to be liking it so far.
http://www.amazon.com/Little-Hair-Dog...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.