Chaos Reading discussion

Comments (showing 1-24 of 24) (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Riona (new)

Riona (rionafaith) | 457 comments I'm somewhat heavily tattooed, but I just got a brand new one that I'm super excited about and I needed somewhere to squee, so here it is.

(not the best angle, but you get the idea)
Done by the super-talented Jess Versus at Twelve28 Tattoo in Brooklyn, NY and based on an illustration by Ruben Toledo.

And since we're on goodreads, to keep this book-related, here's a literary tattoo I got a few months back:

(e-cookies for those who get the reference!)
Done by Fernando Lions at Flyrite Tattoo, also in Brooklyn, NY.

So, who's got awesome tattoos? Share them here! Pics preferred, and please credit your artist!

message 2: by Riona (new)

Riona (rionafaith) | 457 comments I knew someone in this group would get it!

I hope more people do end up posting. I think people in this group could have some interesting tattoos.

message 3: by Timday (new)

Timday any nice artwork of a kraken for my first tattoo - thought it could be upper arm with the long tenticle thiungs thinnly downn arm to ahnds

message 4: by Aresa (new)

Aresa | 8 comments I don't have a picture of it currently but I have the Tree of Life tattooed between my shoulder blades. Goes from the base to my neck down about a 1/3 of my back so its a decently sized piece. It was my first one. I have plans to add on to it.

message 5: by Ruby , Mistress of Chaos (last edited Sep 27, 2012 04:48AM) (new)

Ruby  Tombstone [With A Vengeance] (rubytombstone) | 3260 comments Mod
Riona wrote: "I'm somewhat heavily tattooed, but I just got a brand new one that I'm super excited about and I needed somewhere to squee, so here it is.
..."

SQUEEEE! Gorgeous! I love it!

Just tried to take a picture of the zombie tattoo on my back. Ended up turning round and round in circles like a dog chasing its tail. *sigh* The only pic I can find of it is this one, taken straight after it was done, and you can't see her fabulous fishnetted legs...

7732_157037419133_7855120_n
Tattoo by Clarity of Tatu Dharma

message 6: by Riona (new)

Riona (rionafaith) | 457 comments That looks awesome, Ruby! I can see a little bit of her fishnets...

message 7: by Global (new)

Global Donnica (GlobalDonnica) Cute... I'm too chicken to deal with needles....

message 8: by Ruby , Mistress of Chaos (new)

Just saw Serbian tennis player, Janko Tipsarevic, in the Australian Open. He has several tattoos, including a quotation, tattooed in Japanese, from Dostoyevsky ("Beauty will save the world", from The Idiot) on his left arm. He also has a Japanese tattoo on his right arm, which represents the first two letters of the names of his father, his mother, his brother, and himself in katakana. He also has a tattoo of a quote from Arthur Schopenhauer on his back. There's a nice blogpost about Tipsarevic's tattoos here: http://tattooedphilosopher.wordpress....

message 9: by Nancy (new)

Nancy How do I add photos in replies?

message 10: by Ruby , Mistress of Chaos (new)

Nancy wrote: "How do I add photos in replies?"

Hi Nancy. Hit "(some html is ok)" above the comment box. Use the html code provided, just insert the url from wherever the picture is online.

message 11: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 1320 comments Mod
Ruby wrote: "Nancy wrote: "How do I add photos in replies?"

Hi Nancy. Hit "(some html is ok)" above the comment box. Use the html code provided, just insert the url from wherever the picture is online."

As Ruby said, you do have to have them online. I started a flikr account for this kind of thing.

message 13: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Ok, I got it to where I can post the link and all you have to do is click on it. That'll work for me ATM.

message 14: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Anyway, the first one is my second tat. My first tat is a black and grey cheetah on my left thigh. This is my third tat, which is a memorial to my cat Billy:

http://s872.photobucket.com/user/sist...

message 15: by Ruby , Mistress of Chaos (new)

I'm loving this Poe inspired tattoo..

message 16: by Derek (new)

Derek (derek_broughton) | 782 comments Donnica wrote: "Cute... I'm too chicken to deal with needles...."

I love tattoos on other people...

message 17: by Whitney (new)

I have a coworker planning to get dermal piercings. That's where I draw the line of things that look cool on other people.

And I agree that the Poe tat is super cool!

message 18: by Ruby , Mistress of Chaos (new)

Whitney wrote: "I have a coworker planning to get dermal piercings. That's where I draw the line of things that look cool on other people.
And I agree that the Poe tat is super cool!"

Scarification is my line that will not be crossed. I saw some being done one EPIC New Year's Eve in Sydney's Hellfire Club....... just.. no.

message 19: by Derek (new)

Derek (derek_broughton) | 782 comments Branding. It looked like it was going to be a trend in the '90s, but I guess it burned out.

I'm not big on the piercings, either, but it's hard to find a 20-something who doesn't have at least one facial piercing these days.

message 20: by Whitney (new)

Derek wrote: "Branding. It looked like it was going to be a trend in the '90s, but I guess it burned out.

I'm not big on the piercings, either, but it's hard to find a 20-something who doesn't have at least on..."

Piercings I can deal with, removing a chunk of deep tissue and embedding a shiny, not so much.

message 21: by Ruby , Mistress of Chaos (new)

There's a guy in Adelaide that had coral horns. Urban legend has it, he had to have them removed because they started growing.

message 22: by Whitney (new)

Ruby wrote: "There's a guy in Adelaide that had coral horns. Urban legend has it, he had to have them removed because they started growing."

Pictures!

message 23: by Ruby , Mistress of Chaos (new)

Whitney wrote: "Ruby wrote: "There's a guy in Adelaide that had coral horns. Urban legend has it, he had to have them removed because they started growing."

Pictures!"

I wish! I haven't met him myself. He's just one of those characters everyone knows "of"!

message 24: by Ruby , Mistress of Chaos (new)

Some interesting tatts here: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...